STEP v2.1.1b Bug Reports [Official]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having trouble with the optimizer and I think it is the cause of severe FPS drops. When I ran it, it flies through the files and just says "not read" behind each one. I set it up exactly how it said to. Anyone else having this issue?

I am having trouble with the optimizer and I think it is the cause of severe FPS drops. When I ran it, it flies through the files and just says "not read" behind each one. I set it up exactly how it said to. Anyone else having this issue?

Please define "the optimizer" (e.g., Optimizer Textures?). Highly unlikely that this or other texture opt would cause any FPS drops. Either way, this would be a "user" bug and does not belong on this thread :no:

Suggest you look for help in the support forum. Thanks

Does anyone can confirm s.t.e.p. recommand snow from SRO but snowroads from 2k ?

you are right, i didn't notice it because i use RCRN which adds both snow and road snow textures, overwriting SRO and 2k.

i've updated the SRO COMPILER ADVICE adding to also extract the 2 snow roads textures, along with the other landscape files.

Not a bug-report per say, but an observation.

This mod:

Detailed Guard Shields and Banners

Has ALL it's files overwritten by other mods in STEP. (By Tattered Banners and Hvelgelmirs Shield Retexture).

This might ofcourse be intended so that people who skip one of the other mods gets that version instead, but just seemed a bit off to me. :)

Not a bug-report per say, but an observation.

This mod:

Has ALL it's files overwritten by other mods in STEP. (By Tattered Banners and Hvelgelmirs Shield Retexture).

This might ofcourse be intended so that people who skip one of the other mods gets that version instead, but just seemed a bit off to me. :)

Not all its files are overwritten, check the armor folder ;)

Not a bug-report per say, but an observation. This mod:

Not all its files are overwritten, check the armor folder ;)
I checked in Wrye Bash and it says the only "matched" file still there is the readme document, odd. Only files in the armor-folder are the shields, and they're all overwritten by HSR as that includes hold-shields.

The only problems I am having is very low FPS (followed instructions to a T and reverted back to the 12.3 Catalyst drivers which used to give good performance) and I get a weird sword sound when I collect flowers and certain goods.

The low FPS is something that I may need to figure out on my end (IE perhaps it is time for a new PSU and GPU) but the sound is kind of odd.

The only problems I am having is very low FPS (followed instructions to a T and reverted back to the 12.3 Catalyst drivers which used to give good performance) and I get a weird sword sound when I collect flowers and certain goods.

The low FPS is something that I may need to figure out on my end (IE perhaps it is time for a new PSU and GPU) but the sound is kind of odd.

Check the latest update, precisely here:

-Added the “ICS Possible Fix”

optional addon for Improved Combat Sounds, which fixes the previous bug.

Install that addon, enable it and you should be fine with the sword sound.

About the low fps, you should try reducing graphics setting, disabling AA etc, unless it's a driver issue.

Missing posts?

We are moving all "help me!"-like posts to the "Support/Troubleshooting" forum under the appropriate thread to keep this bug tracker clean.

Please do not post anything here that isn't related to a potential bug in STEP 2.1.0c... Thanks!