STEP v2.1.1b Bug Reports [Official]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get QD Inventory to work while in the enchanting menu if you use a controller, but you have to turn off the controller, push right or left on the keyboard, then turn the controller back on and it works. Really annoying if I'm on the couch and my keyboard is not.

In A2.4 there are two mods 4-(FPS)Intricate Spider Webs & 4-(FPS)Vandr Presents - HD Spider Nest both mods contain textures\clutter\ruins\ruinsspidersac01.dds & ruinsspidersac01_n.dds

That's the section that should be installed in order so it makes sense that some mods will have overlapping files. Install in the order listed and you should get the results TC intended.

In A2.4 there are two mods 4-(FPS)Intricate Spider Webs & 4-(FPS)Vandr Presents - HD Spider Nest both mods contain textures\clutter\ruins\ruinsspidersac01.dds & ruinsspidersac01_n.dds

That's the section that should be installed in order so it makes sense that some mods will have overlapping files. Install in the order listed and you should get the results TC intended.

If I have not misunderstood totally then the number before the mod is the "install order", like if I download all the mods from section 2 then it doesn't matter in what order I install the section 2 mods as long as I install them after section 1 and before section 3 ->.

If I have not misunderstood totally then the number before the mod is the "install order", like if I download all the mods from section 2 then it doesn't matter in what order I install the section 2 mods as long as I install them after section 1 and before section 3 ->.

NVM, I was wrong. :)

So my personal problems with STEP 2.1c

- Z-fighting as bad as ever (probably due to Enhanced Distant Terrain or HQLOD Meshes or Dramatic Clouds)

- Extreme performance drops (from 75 to 2 FPS) every once in a while (VRAM o'course)

- Really bad texture shimmering especially on loading screens

- some Items on loading screens are from a certain perspective 2D, that means they disappear completely

- Loading screens and Items on them are so dark that one can barely distinct the item from the background.

- and various problems which are caused by me just running through the install process and barely glimpsing at the notes.

If I have the time (which most likely won't be until summerbreak starts (august here) I'll work through all the steps in the guide one at a time, download all the low-res variants, optimize them with DDSopt and not with the cheap stuff, pack them up for WB etc. pp. and maybe then I might be able to run STEP 2.1.

Still there are some problems with mods I couldn't distinguish so far: Z-fighting can't be improved by more than a bit, texture shimmering makes me think I'm on LSD or some other s***, and everything is much too dark (I'm pretty sure this is RCRN, though, haven't used it so far).

I'll most likely need to double my VRAM to use all the ultimate HiRes variants but I don't want to do that right now.

What I would like to know now, is how exactly have YOU, TC, implemented all of those mods on your rig without having the same problems I have???

Just being REALLY curious.

Cheers, torminater

Long time fan, first time poster. Just wanted to commend you and everyone involved for the fantastic job you guys have done. I also wanted to drop by and say for any of you who have been greatly missing Epic Sounds of Archery

https://www.jeuxvideopc.com/downloads/11830-the-elder-scrolls-5/1453-sons-musiques/33517-sons-epic-sounds-of-archery-10.php

has it on the site. I'd have Google translate the page if it's not anyones native tongue but the file is legit and is out there. I did not want to repost someones work directly so figured the link may bring a smile to some who have been missing this great little mod.

2.1 has been one of the smoothest experiences so far for me. Just got it re-loaded last night after an unfortunate delete of the data folder after I first installed it yesterday. (Forced me to learn mod organizer though, that thing is PRO!!) Although I look forward to being an active member of the community as I totally love to geek out over figuring the best tweaks, mods, settings to make a game or program run at its optimal. I think I'm one of the few souls who prefer tweaking settings to playing games.

Cheers!!! Oh and TC, you sleep deprived soul, GO SEE AVENGERS. It may just bring a smile or 30 to ya!

Me personally i haven't run across any of thoes problems torminater has just stated even after playing for 4 hours last night and a few hours this morning and i have followed the guide to the letter and have added quite a few mods of my own might be a user based problem/personal setup then a STEP problem

if you don't mind pm-ing your system specs, screenshots of your graphics control panels settings and your ini's I love nerding out over that type of stuff. STEP is , if anything, too conservative with it's recommendations as far as graphics settings, options, tweaks, etc in err of stability across a wide range of hardware for IT to be the source of all those problems you listed. Not a combative statement just saying lets drill in on this through pm's or something and see what we can muster before assuming it to be related to TC's guide. look forward to helping however I can

After playing for a few hours myself, one thing I've notice is that everytime skyrim loads a guard on the main world (and it's happened a few times in whiterun), and its clothes aren't natural (every city has different guard outfits) my computer freeze up for a second to load that guard. After loading it, it doesn't happen again until I meet a guard in a different cell. I'm going to test today if it keeps happening without every city has different guard outfits.

After playing for a few hours myself, one thing I've notice is that everytime skyrim loads a guard on the main world (and it's happened a few times in whiterun), and its clothes aren't natural (every city has different guard outfits) my computer freeze up for a second to load that guard. After loading it, it doesn't happen again until I meet a guard in a different cell. I'm going to test today if it keeps happening without every city has different guard outfits.

Please lemme know if it happens also without the mod ;)