STEP v2.1.1b Bug Reports [Official]

I don't know if anybody else thought of it, but here is a small mistake (I guess) I found in STEP 2.1.1

The mod author of Crimson Tide suggests to apply two ini tweaks:

Posted Image

INI tweaks to make blood stay long enough to enjoy

...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim.ini

Find [Display] and add this line

fDecalLifetime=900.0000 (or some other number, higher or lower

Then�

...\Documents\My Games\SkyrimPrefs.ini

iMaxDecalsPerFrame=500 (or some other number, higher or lower)

But STEP suggests both of them for SkyrimPrefs.ini...

@TC: did you find out that using the prefsini tweak works better?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anybody else thought of it, but here is a small mistake (I guess) I found in STEP 2.1.1

The mod author of Crimson Tide suggests to apply two ini tweaks:

Posted ImageINI tweaks to make blood stay long enough to enjoy

...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim.ini

Find [Display] and add this line

fDecalLifetime=900.0000 (or some other number, higher or lower

Then�

...\Documents\My Games\SkyrimPrefs.ini

iMaxDecalsPerFrame=500 (or some other number, higher or lower)

But STEP suggests both of them for SkyrimPrefs.ini...@TC: did you find out that using the prefsini tweak works better?

ou are right, but only fDecalLifetime=900.0000 does in Skyrim.ini, the other tweak goes in skyrimprefs.

Fixed for next update!

Speaking of Crimson Tide, I believe the mod author has stopped supporting the file (or at least he hasn't posted in quite a long while - last post march 22). There are still quite a few bugs remaining in the current version (some users - myself included - have reported undead bleeding even though the mod states it is fixed and some animals do not bleed at all).

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest looking at the latest enhanced blood textures as they have also now included bleeding effect/blood pools/gushes.

Speaking of Crimson Tide, I believe the mod author has stopped supporting the file (or at least he hasn't posted in quite a long while - last post march 22). There are still quite a few bugs remaining in the current version (some users - myself included - have reported undead bleeding even though the mod states it is fixed and some animals do not bleed at all).

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest looking at the latest enhanced blood textures as they have also now included bleeding effect/blood pools/gushes.

Thanks, i was thinking the same and considering to swap mods again, you just gave me another reason to do that.

What's not very clear to me considering the recent changes of 2.1.0 -> 2.1.1:

Is it know recommended to only use Vano89s Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized and not to optimize the HD-DLCs using DDSopt instead?

Read more carefully Step 2B1

And what about those who have more than 1.5gb vram ? just use dlc optimized by ddsopt or dlc + vano89s 1024+2048 ?

Just DLC + Vano89 Hybrid 1024+2048 (DDSopt is optional for everyone and not necessary. Efects of DDSopt on STEP are till being tested & validated.)

More dynamic shadows and stripping fixed + rcrn look like very ugly in some area (breezehome, skyforger ....).

Maybe it's good with rlwc but not with rcrn; i personally roll back to Shadow Striping Fix :/

COnfirmed, and bug list updated-

Just wanted to pop in and say that I also had issues with more dynamic shadows. Was getting weird stuttering and when I dropped back to shadow striping fix it went away. It could be a result of other mods as I add about 18-20 more than STEP, but thought I would report it anyways.

Also, thanks for everyone's work on this! The game looks great.

On the topic of shadows Boris has implemented a new shadow drawing mechanism in ENB to replace the current crappy system in the base engine. There are problems of course but it looks insanely better, and its just a first try :D