STEP v2.1.1b Bug Reports [Official]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ruins has been updated to include it now but I still think that burial urn retex was better' date=' such is the nexus though.[/quote']

I got bad news cause Nordic Ruins Objects Retexture is gone now too.

So is Ruins Urn Retexture.

I think Ruins has been updated to include it now but I still think that burial urn retex was better' date=' such is the nexus though.[/quote']

I got bad news cause Nordic Ruins Objects Retexture is gone now too.

So is Ruins Urn Retexture.

This has been the case for weeks now. You also need to review the spreadsheet and the PDF *again* :P

Considering the recommended urn mods have been removed, would you recommend we go back to using the previously recommended mod, 'HD Urns Retex' ?

Or alternatively, can anyone upload those mods to a file hosting website? That would seem a very simple and logic solution, no?

• 3 weeks later...

Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul now has the hi-res snowy pine included, no longer needed as a separate download.

realistic weapon swing sounds is gone, need a replacement for this. (though I managed to find a copy of it through unofficial channels)

new SMIM now includes clothing fix in the NMM as an option

improved combat sounds doesn't need crash fix anymore with latest update. (and possibly Sounds of Skyrim doesn't need crashfix anymore either since it was a conflict with Improved Combat Sounds)

and some others like Ruins Urn Retexture, but was already included in another mod. I will update this post if I remember more

Edit: Nordic ruins objects retexture also gone

Edit2: also, SMIM overwrites four whiterun files not three. should we not overwrite any of them?

wrslate02.dds

wrslate02_n.dds

wrwoodbeam01.dds

wrwoodbeam01_n.dds

Edit3: "Tattered Banners" was really immersion-breaking, especially when 2 or 3 flags are lined up next to each other with the same exact rips and cuts in them. I liked the banners from "Worn Detailed Guard Shields and Banners" better, and Tattered Banners is still a work in progress anyways (isn't S.T.E.P. supposed to avoid WIP's?)

Edit4: Burn Freeze Shock Effects might need "Forsworn Conspiracy quickfix" update.

Edit3: "Tattered Banners" was really immersion-breaking, especially when 2 or 3 flags are lined up next to each other with the same exact rips and cuts in them. I liked the banners from "Worn Detailed Guard Shields and Banners" better, and Tattered Banners is still a work in progress anyways (isn't S.T.E.P. supposed to avoid WIP's?)

at this time almost every mod is a wip...

so, about installing SRO again, what exactly is it supposed to be replacing? because right now it only replaces itself (unless I installed something in the wrong order a few weeks ago). the guide says only to do the landscape and roads. I noticed RCRN has only landscapes and roads textures, was RCRN supposed to be listed before this in the guide so SRO landscapes/snowy roads would replace it?

I do have skyrim HD 2k, installed after the first SRO. and the SRO (again) landscapes and snowy roads (as instructed in the STEP pdf) doesn't replace anything except itself, according to MO

so, my guess is that it was supposed to replace RCRN's landscapes and road textures. unless something is wrong here, but I don't think so, I've got all of SHD2K installed. (assuming this is how it was intended, why not have people delete the entire textues/landscapes folder from RCRN instead of reinstalling SRO and hand picking just landscapes and roads. we basically only want the sun/sunglare from RCRN right?)

I don't have an install right now that I can look at and tell you exactly what it overwrites, but I've answered this question before. A little searching should yield some results.

Personally I didn't use any of the textures from RCRN and it is recommended not to overwrite anything while installing it (but that was for the version where many of the textures were broken, I don't know if they fixed that problem yet, I assume so as its been several months), I actually stopped using it at all when the ENB shadow and parallax fixes became available.

It will be moved to the optional Post Processing Pack with the new STEP release.

Sorry I just realized mod organizer was hiding the rest of the mods it was overwriting. (the "overwritten mods" section had commas with more next to it)

/facepalm

so, yeah it is supposed to be overwriting some HD2K stuff (and for good reason too I see because HD2K landscapes and roads are kinda bad). thanks for the info on RCRN though, this could be why I had bad texture transitions on roads (due to RCRN's road textures). I'll try removing them

So, not a bug afterall just my mistake. sorry :D

Edit: In addition to overwriting HD2K, I also see it also overwrites some HQ Riften textures too, specifically textures\landscapes\fallforest*.dds stuff.