Timing is Everything (by kryptopyr)

vfxninjaeditor

Just now getting around to testing this. So far so good. Slight main quest spoilers below:

I set it to delay Dragonborn after Jurgen Windcaller bit of main quest. I have returned to Ivarstead (when it triggered in vanilla) and no cultists. Will keep updating as I progress.

Dawnguard's not supposed to start till level 20 by my settings, with vampire attacks starting at level 12 instead of 8. Heading into main town next to see if this bit works, as I just dinged level 8.

• 7 months later...

Just updated to Version 2.0.  The update includes new features and options, as well as a handful of fixes for vanilla bugs which haven't been picked up by the unofficial patches yet.  Also, all conflicting changes from Better Quest Objectives have been incorporated so the patch for this mod is no longer needed.  The included bug fixes are as follows:

- Added the following conditions to the Hired Thugs (Stolen Item) event trigger: the owner of the stolen property must be a unique NPC, must be from a playable race, and not dead or sleeping at the time the item is stolen.  These conditions have been added to prevent generic forsworn, bandits, hagravens, ghosts and dogs from hiring thugs.

- Added the following conditions to the "Letter from a Friend" trigger: Player must be shouting somewhere in a city, town, inn, or military camp and must be detected when shouting (also combined fixes from USKP & UDBP which were overwriting one another).  These conditions prevent getting letters after having shouted inside empty buildings, abandoned houses, dungeons, and other locations where the player is unlikely to have been seen shouting by a "friend."

- Added the following conditions to the "Invisible Child" comment trigger: Player must be detected, not trespassing, and not in combat when casting spell.  These conditions prevent the following situation (paraphrasing DocClox): Child will forcegreet with "Oh hey, are you a wizard?" after player has cast a spell with a child present.  They will interrupt me this way in combat.  To say nothing of the one time I silently recast invisible while sneaking, undetected on the upper floor of a house in Windhelm only to have some little brat downstairs forcegreet me - through the floor! - and not let me go until I answered him (and dispelled my own invisibility).

- Added shouts from Dawnguard and Dragonborn to the list of shouts that can trigger the guard comments & "letter from a friend" events.  A simple omission by Bethesda, and there's no reason why the new shouts shouldn't be treated like all the others.

• +1 5

Haha, well I guess being the STEP forums I just figured there might be more interest in the bug fixes than the flashy features. ::P:

Honesty, though, I had never used FISS before (I play so rarely and most of the mods I use don't include FISS support), and I've yet to have a character reach level 100.  So I guess that while both seem like nice features t, I personally find the quest fixes and extra configuration settings a bit more beneficial.  I'm glad you like them, though. ::):

• 8 months later...

There are a few conflicts with the unofficial patches. Affected quests are WIAddItem03, WICastMagic01, WICastMagic04 and WEJS14. Can these conflicts be ignored or should the edits from the unofficial patches be forwarded? I usually do that myself but since quest records are quite complex I'm not sure.

Hmm you'll probably want to make sure Timing is Everything win since that makes it so you'll get this mods effects otherwise I'm pretty sure the edits from the uskp will break those quests I'll have to check myself.

Hmm you'll probably want to make sure Timing is Everything win since that makes it so you'll get this mods effects otherwise I'm pretty sure the edits from the uskp will break those quests I'll have to check myself.

Yes of course. But I'm wondering if the edits from USKP should be integrated into Timing is everything. IIRC the quest fixes are from one of the more recent USKP updates, while Timing was last updated in October 2014.

Alright, I've had a good amount of time with this mod and it's really good for spreading out the major quests minus the main quest. I was nice to start the game without the vampires attacking cities right away. Also, it was nice to go to Markarth and that damn Vigilant wasn't standing by that abandoned house until I reached level 15. That guy is so annoying.

One of the coolest features is FISS support so STEP could even recommend it's own settings without people having to adjust everything manually. It's a great companion mod to Not So Fast and would be awesome in STEP Extended, maybe even Core since it doesn't really change any quests, just spreads them out a bit.

As I mentioned over in NSF, I've been using Timing since I first heard of it. I consider the quest spreads to be vital to the game anymore. Core is a great home for this. The only REAL question is going to be one so subject to personal preference, it may starrt barroom brawls - just what levels to recommend for each quest.

6 quick reasons why I recommend this mod.

The ability to delay Siddgeir's courier delivered note proclaiming your exploits at level 9!!!

Adding level and MQ conditions to the Dragonborn Cultist attack

Change the level relationship between Vampires appearing and Dawnguard recruitment (Durak)

Setting minimum days between Dragon Attacks

Setting a minimum gold level for the hired thugs encounter - sounds like a small thing but to me this is a fix

Can enable Werewolf encounters without having to be a member of The Companions

Not to mention tweaking the starting levels for most of the Daedric Quests, other Misc quests and more.....

I don't think I would even have any of the DLC installed if I couldn't use this to get them started later than Bethesda's defaults.

I never got to test this one got because I had already started the game and had a lot of those happen. So I'll go with you on this one because of my experience with Not So Fast has been extremely enjoyable.

This, The Choice is Yours, and Thieves Guild Requirements are what inspired me to do my Not So Fast mods. I waited for a while hoping kryptopyr would do something for the main quest and College of Winterhold storyline but eventually decided to make some minimal changes to those for myself. (Then based on a posting in the Nexus Mod Request forum I finally packaged them up and released them.)