Skyrim Bridges by BJS_336

rootsrat

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38158/?

Recent upload.

Quite interesting idea of diversifying bridges in Skyrim. They look very nice on the screenshots, but I did not have a chance to see them in game yet. Tracking for now.

The following bridges are covered atm:

Riverwood bridge.

Halfmoon mill bridge.

Bridge past bards leep and gloomreach cave.

Three bridges near karthspire/karthwasten.

Two bridges near Kolskeggmine.

Bridge to markarth.

Bridge near Broken Tower Redoubt.

I am using it. So far it is good. I enjoy the fact that he gave different areas a specific look. The Riverwood and Halfmoon Mill Bridge have covers (kinda like bridges you might find at a park) which makes sense when they are close to town. Good for hiding from a rain storm.

I will keep it in my list.

Having rain detect meshes so that it stops when it hits is CPU intenstive, which is why rain falls through meshes in the game. At least, that is what I keep telling myself, not sure if that is the real reason, but it sounds reasonable to me. :)

Rain in Skyrim is just a texture... If you use ENB rain then it is actual lines as I understand it.

If rain was to be like rays etc. it would slow down the game immensely since then the game would have to calculate both rain and lighting and shadows etc. and the visual effect compared to the performance cost is just not worth it. Just seeing the performance hit of the way ENB does it and comparing the effect with a good rain mod texture is good proof of this.

As for the mod then the idea looks good, might try it out once I get the time to do so again!