Mod Organizer Question

youtoo

Question

Using v99 beta. 

1. I created a profile. I am setting up STEP. My profile is called 'STEP'. I am seeing all of my existing saves show up in the saves tab. Per the MO tutorial video (link below), only the saves for this profile should show up. I have not played this yet. Could I have done something wrong? Is this a bug in v99? 

2. upon launch I get the error 'cannot initialize pycg.py. This file does exist. When I see the error I see '/' both ways in the error message. I checked the .ini file and did not see an entry for this. I do not get this error in 12.9. I choce v99 beta because the NCC download says it works with 11.5 only. Please advice on best approach with MO. 

3. Just to make sure I understand install order. If I am waiting for files to download, can I 'install' them while others are download and then re-order the priority. Or do I have to make absolutely sure I click the 'install' in the exact order? Some files are 500mb so I can download several others and keep going. I am not concerned about setting up the priority for the right order, but I am not sure if this matters. 

8 answers to this question

I've been using 0.99.1 full time for a while now, nothing stands out that hasn't already been posted about (removing a filter prevents scrolling until you refresh the list, etc.)

There is checkbox when you "Manage" your profiles, labelled "Local Saves". I believe it needs to be checked for it to keep your saves in that profiles' directory.

Managing your profiles is accessed from the profiles dropdown, top entry "Manage" :)

3. Just to make sure I understand install order. If I am waiting for files to download, can I 'install' them while others are download and then re-order the priority.

Yes, but only if using Mod Organiser.

@rootsrat: This is not true for Wrye Bash? I have to copy the files over to the install directory in order that I want them installed?

I am not sure about WB - I never used it as mod manager to be honest...