STEP v2.1.0c Hotfix

TheCompiler

Hotfix v2.1.0c:

-Added back Sounds of Skyrim - Crash fix, the swordslash sound bug it causes can be fixed (see next).-Added the “ICS Possible Fix” optional addon for Improved Combat Sounds, which fixes the previous bug.

-Removed Detailed Cities, since has been reported to cause CTD with Skyrim 1.5 patch.

-Fixed “Skyrim Redesigned” misleading note, there is no patch for that mod.

-Other minor notes and grammar fixes.

Hotfix v2.1.0b:

-Added page numbers (finally!), and fixed some wrong page number references.

-Added few missing mod notes and tags.

-Added a link to the mod suggestions section in the STEP Forums.

-Added a note about how to temporary fix the missing SSAO in exteriors in Step-5A.

-Fixed STEP WIKI wrong links.

-Removed outdated STEP videos and added new ones.

-Removed Sounds of Skyrim - Crash fix that was causing a slash sound

script bug (UPDATE: Reinstall the other two Sound of Skyrim mods and run

BOSS).

-Removed Psychosteves Golden Gods Shrines, shrines HD texture are now

included in the new version of “Ruins Clutter Improvement HD”.

-Removed Leathers Weight Fix since no more present on Nexus.

-Removed All in 1 Spell Fixes since included in “Unofficial Skyrim Patch” and no more present on Nexus and.

-Swapped Esbern Quest Fix Tutorial with Esbern Talk Fix.

-Other minor fixes.

Download from Nexus.

No need to remove the SoS Crash Fix, there is a workaround for it :) It wasn't due to a bug in SoS anyway, it was due to a bug in Improved Combat Sounds when used with SoS and ordering them in a certain way.

Quoting myself from bug reports thread:

Sounds of Skyrim - Crash Fix gives you a bugged out "slashing sound" when any 'message' pops up on the screen, such as when quicksaving, an ASI script loads, harvesting etc etc, when used together with Improved Combat Sound v2.0. This is because ICS has to load before SoS, but with the crash fix for SoS you can't do that as it esmified the SoS esp's. To fix this, go to the optional downloads of Improved Combat Sounds and download the fix.

Why remove the SoS Crash Fix when I posted the fix for the slashingsound much earlier today? :) It wasn't due to a bug in SoS anyway, it was due to a bug in Improved Combat Sounds when used with SoS and ordering them in a certain way.

Quoting myself from bug reports thread:

Sounds of Skyrim - Crash Fix gives you a bugged out "slashing sound" when any 'message' pops up on the screen, such as when quicksaving, an ASI script loads, harvesting etc etc, when used together with Improved Combat Sound v2.0. This is because ICS has to load before SoS, but with the crash fix for SoS you can't do that as it esmified the SoS esp's. To fix this, go to the optional downloads of Improved Combat Sounds and download the fix.

Please find a way to mercilessy INSULT me for not spotting the fix!!!!!

Guess i need to update the guide right now, ctd are not jokes :P

Can you verify lines about RCRN (Overwrites “Skyrim Flora Overhaul†and “Tobes Highres Textures†....???) and Skyrim Redesigned (no "Customizable" version and no patch; only one version available)?

Why remove the SoS Crash Fix when I posted the fix for the slashingsound much earlier today? :) It wasn't due to a bug in SoS anyway, it was due to a bug in Improved Combat Sounds when used with SoS and ordering them in a certain way.Quoting myself from bug reports thread:

Please find a way to mercilessy INSULT me for not spotting the fix!!!!!

Guess i need to update the guide right now, ctd are not jokes :P

Wasn't meant as an insult at all, sorry if it came off that way. :) Looking at my post I can see why you'd think so though, so edited!

Why remove the SoS Crash Fix when I posted the fix for the slashingsound much earlier today? :) It wasn't due to a bug in SoS anyway' date=' it was due to a bug in Improved Combat Sounds when used with SoS and ordering them in a certain way.Quoting myself from bug reports thread:

Please find a way to mercilessy INSULT me for not spotting the fix!!!!!Guess i need to update the guide right now, ctd are not jokes :P

Wasn't meant as an insult at all, sorry if it came off that way. :) Looking at my post I can see why you'd think so though, so edited!
nooo i was saying you must insult me because i deserve it for not having spotted the fix :thumbsup:

Can you verify lines about RCRN (Overwrites “Skyrim Flora Overhaul” and “Tobes Highres Textures” ....???) and Skyrim Redesigned (no "Customizable" version and no patch; only one version available)?

Fixed, thanks

Why remove the SoS Crash Fix when I posted the fix for the slashingsound much earlier today? :) It wasn't due to a bug in SoS anyway' date=' it was due to a bug in Improved Combat Sounds when used with SoS and ordering them in a certain way.Quoting myself from bug reports thread:

Please find a way to mercilessy INSULT me for not spotting the fix!!!!!Guess i need to update the guide right now, ctd are not jokes :P

nooo i was saying you must insult me because i deserve it for not having spotted the fix :thumbsup:

Ah I see, even more misunderstandings from my part! I blame lack of sleep! Anyway, glad you're updating it again as I agree, a CtD fixer is quite urgent atleast for people having the issues. :)

Archived