CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

For comparison, I get 7904 with a single 290X with 16GB RAM and I think your 290X crossfire setup should be about the same.

Yes I am on my Mac at the moment so I can not check exactly but I calculated using the formula and got 7000 and some something. My setup has been rock solid on these setting will all 2K textures and a few 4K textures. I am running around 20+ extra mods over extended and adding a couple a day for testing and play purposes.

The only problems I have encountered is the crossfire DoF ENB issue and the flickering faces with "itinttextureresolution=2048" which I don't think is an ENB issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding the calculations for Total Available Graphics Memory to be seriously confusing.  I'm on a MSI Dominator laptop - i7 quad core with the Nvidia GTX 970M graphic chip set.  I've got 6 gigs of Vram and 8 gigs of system RAM so setting my Total should be fine with 8000, yes?

I've honestly had a heck of a time getting ENBoost to work on my rig.  I've tried various versions of ENB at least a dozen times since January and put the attempts to the side when they didn't work as my setup with Mod Organizer seemed to work fine.  I recently fired up Skyrim again and was surprised to find that I was experiencing random CTDs while going cross country.  Then I started getting some that really didn't seem very random at all - for example, every time I tried to cross Dragonbridge, I'd CTD.

So I went after ENBoost Injector version once again.  I finally got V 0.262 to work - the first attempt this time!

I haven't had a single CTD since getting ENBoost working about 5 days ago, and I've had several game excursions that have lasted well over 2 hours, as well.  Additionally, the game runs even smoother than it did when I first started modding it, and my big surprise there was that Skyrim had a better FPS for me modded than vanilla.  I've got 59 plugins running and 135 mods currently.

i'm a believer.  ENBoost is for everyone, no doubt about it.

Thanks TechAngel85 - 

Here's what Windows 8.1 is saying:

Total Available Graphics Memory: 14312 megs.

Dedicated Video Memory: 6144 megs.

System Video Memory: 0 megs

Shared System Memory: 8168 negs

So - 8168 is what I should set my total available video memory?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you kindly, TechAngle85.  Now set to 8192 and running as smooth as silk.

Nothing like a smooth running Skyrim to facilitate total game play immersion.

Salute to the STEP Team for all the work you do.

Cheers.

Hi,

After a long time I'm going to start a new gameplay. I have set enblocal.ini like this:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=768
VideoMemorySizeMb=3968
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

My rig is:

ASUS P8P67 Rev 3 | Intel Core i5 2500K | G.Skill Sniper 16GB XMP DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G | Kingston 96GB V+ SSD | Enermax MODU82+ 625W | Samsung 2333sw FullHD 23"| Windows 7 Prof SP1 x86&x64 |

Are those settings right? Or could anyone suggets a better settings?

What I want is to avoid CTDs abd ILS and other stuff as far as possible?

If this topic is not the right one, please someone sugget me the correct one.

Thanks!

@kranazoli

I'm still learning the ropes on this as well, but I think your "ExapandSystemMemoryX64=true" should be set to ""false."

It looks like you've got a lot more memory to play with as well, and probably should kick your VideoMemorySizeMB to 8192.

These pages might help:

https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#Recommendations

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI