CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

Got some answer at enbdev.com about ExpandSystemMemorxy:

"Use whichever works better for your system. I have zero problems with ExpandSystemMemoryX64 and SKSE Memory Patch. What that parameter does is change the place in memory where data is allocated first ("top" or "bottom"). I would say leave it set to true if your Memory patch setting is left at 512 or 768 unless you experience problems. If you experience problems, set it to false. STEP does some good research but when it comes to these things they have a very small pool of data to pull from (a few users tests) and so you always have to see what works on your system because it varies greatly."

from Boris:

"kranazoli
ExpandSystemMemoryX64 is very specific thing which do not produce any bugs itself, but the reason of game or mods bugs to appear if they are exist. Kinda same thing happen with 4gb laa patch for oblivion, fallout and old skyrim. There are three levels of same mistake which leads to incompatibility. First one is for 32 bit applications with 2gb memory limit per process, like WinXP and older OS. Second level is 4gb native limit of 32 bit applications and it's the case of ExpandSystemMemoryX64 or 4gb LAA patches. Third is x64 memory ranges and they are not the case of skyrim, because only developers may recompile the same code and bugs will occur, if exists. And the bug itself is when code contains arithmetic operations of memory addresses which may return wrong values if address range is above 2 gb (and 4 gb for x64 version). ExpandSystemMemoryX64 primary goal is to fix memory fragmentation issues which is very problematic thing in almost all games, fragmented memory reduce amount of really available free memory. The best use of this parameter is on vista and higher os. On xp it works too, but have very minor effect."

• 2 weeks later...

Well, having read a bit here I am fairly certain I am baffled by ENBoost. 
I would greatly appreciate some help with this, thank you in advance.

I get the numbers -

Boris Vram Test DX11 is 14496

Windows reports -

Total Available Graphics Memory is 7924

Dedicated video memory is 4096

Shared system memory is 3828

System Memory is 16 gb total

Video memory total size is 2 x 4096 in sli mode

This is on a 64 bit Windows 7 install.  So... what would my numbers for the ini. file be?  I seem to be getting "odd" totals - they don't match the usual things I'm seeing online.  if someone could offer some assistance I would be very grateful.

For Skyrim you need to run the DX9 test and use that number minus 170. Or use TAGM -170....so 7924-170=7754. You should get a similar number from Boris's test result - 170. Remember that simply because you run SLi does not mean you have double the VRAM. When in SLi, VRAM is mirrored so you still only have 4096 total for your graphic cards.

ok im confused following the formula i come to 9859 but the tool reports 4064

this is on a system running windows 10 

total available graphics memory reports 10209

dedicated video memory 2048

this is a system with a 760 and 16 gigs of system ram

edit i put in 4064 for now and it seems to be working but im having an odd issue when i launch with skse through mod organizer i get these black bars at the top and bottom of the screen and the game looks squished, this only happens when launching through mod organizer launching base skyrim or using the skse shortcut doesnt do it

Edited by viper177

no just enboost dont have any mods installed i only found this issue because i was doing some incrimental testing while in the process of following the skyrimmods subreddit's beginners guide after doing a clean install of windows

I can't read that language, but use the vram tool from ENBSeries website. Run the DX9 one.

It is for "Total Available Graphics Memory"

I will check that tool, okay.

Nice, I get a 3rd different one value. :)

XF8CHMJ.jpg

Edited by kranazoli