CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

DynDOLOD is specifically set up for uGrids of 5. If you want to run at 7, you need to change some settings. Changing uGrids generally messes with things that rely on cell loads, like some quests. Mainly users that are changing this aren't actually playing the game much but are more into modding it and taking pretty screenshots, or they simply don't mind the few things it messes with.

Hello

Is there any reason my game would crash after uninstall ENBoost?

I'm testing my configuration and have started a new game, played a little then saved this game.

Then I removed the files from ENBoost (enblocal/series.ini + enbhost.exe + d3d9.dll), launched the game, loaded the previous saved game.

So I see the loading screen, and when I think the loading is almost finished BIM crash.

I'm not particularly planning to remove ENBoost forever, just trying to figure how things work and if it would be safe to remove it later for any reason.

Another question: I moved on windows 10 and I heard there is a limitation to 4GB total available graphics memory (TAGRAM) with DX9 applications.

So why do we need to remove 350 to the VideoMemorySizeMb value provided by Boris' application?

I mean I have a 2GB graphic card and 16GB RAM (I know it's a little bit too much ^^) so I have a total of 18GB TAGRAM.

350MB is not very much, but since we (windows 10 users) are limited to 4GB, why do we have to remove those 350MB?

Not sure if my point is clear: I'm not complaining, just looking for informations ::P:

On the same topic, if I understand well, with my specs it would be useless to upgrade to a graphic card with more VRAM just for Skyrim, am I right?

(just on the VRAM point, I know the type of VRAM can be as much significant as the quantity)

For some reason it does crash from time to time when removing ENBSeries. Usually re-verifying your local cache in Steam will fix it.

You don't need to remove 350 and if you're still seeing that you need to refresh your internet cache (hit Ctrl+F5 on the page to refresh it). You should probably set your browser to check for newer pages before displaying a cached version to you.

2Gbs of VRAM is about all you need. If you're going to upgrade, do it for a more powerful card not to get more VRAM.

To add to what Joat_Mon was saying, if you check the ENBoost page now, you will find that the recommended values have changed. They changed a couple months ago for Win 8/10 users in particular.

Should have ReservedMemorySize=128 and VideoMemorySize=4064. Increase the reserved memory if you stutter when turning around.

Edit: Ninja'd!

I second what Greg suggested.  I had the same problem after upgrading to Win10, and the June 10 DX9 update got Skyrim running again.  To summarize the issue, the default install of DX9 that comes with Win10 is missing some files that ENBoost has explicit dependencies on.  The June 10 update installs the missing files.

Many laptop users have to use the Injector version for various reasons. If you can't simply drop in the wrapper version and have it work, then you'll probably need to use the Injector version. Try adding the executables to your antivirus's allow/ignore list and ensure that Steam/Skyrim is not installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)" nor "C:\Program Files".

Many laptop users have to use the Injector version for various reasons. If you can't simply drop in the wrapper version and have it work, then you'll probably need to use the Injector version. Try adding the executables to your antivirus's allow/ignore list and ensure that Steam/Skyrim is not installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)" nor "C:\Program Files".

Following up with this, I am an Injector user, and I seem to be having conflict with the 'ReduceSystemMemoryUsage' option in enblocal.ini. Whenever I use it, I receive the 'ENBhost.exe' error on launch. It is the only option among all of CrashFix information I haven't been able to utilize. Would you happen to know what the problem is?

• 9 months later...

Having the same issue:

PC (no laptop) with 32GB RAM, GTX980TI, Windows 7 x64 = Heavy modded Skyrim w/ ENBOOST works fine, rare CTDs.

Updated to Windows 10 x64 Creators Update = Skyrim crashes immediately.

Installed the DX package (link above), still crash.

Deleting the d3d9.dll from gamedir = Skrim runs, but W/O ENBoost.

BTW I'm using ENBoosts proxy library function to load a 2nd d3d9.dll from RCRN.

So... what is the trick?