aMidianBorn Caves and Mines (by CaBaL)

kryptopyr

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to understand a graphic artist is almost as hard as understanding your girlfriend. Just go with it man.

imagine.... to understand a post-it i left on top right side of the plasma i use  as monitor i had to ask my wife a translation this morning :/

Cave textures are only used in interiors, hence he could technically go to 4k with 2k normals if the texture looked superior enough.

I have still not heard that anybody actually got an interior location to get even close to the memory limit.

But keep up the good work Cabal! Always nice to see your work!

Cave textures are only used in interiors, hence he could technically go to 4k with 2k normals if the texture looked superior enough.

I have still not heard that anybody actually got an interior location to get even close to the memory limit.

But keep up the good work Cabal! Always nice to see your work!

yep is indeed pretty difficult to get even close to memory limit in interiors... files look fine anyway with 2k-1k uncompressed... no reason to upload also a 4k...improvement is not worth the download size...probably i'll add parallax in future...file could get big.

eventually will be released  a 2k with 2k  uncompressed normal ...depends on frozen caves, i kinda suspect those ones will give me some headaches.

thanks!

Beauty of Skyrim won out on our cave compares' date=' but I'll add this one to the mix to be well rounded and cover our bases. Use with this thread or Beauty of Skyrim - Caves and Mines thread to post any compares.[/quote']

...won out .... in your opinion  clearly.... happy for you...i'd keep mine in my game.

edit:

ops... sorry mate... i just found there was a poll...apologies

Beauty of Skyrim won out on our cave compares' date=' but I'll add this one to the mix to be well rounded and cover our bases. Use with this thread or Beauty of Skyrim - Caves and Mines thread to post any compares.[/quote']

...won out .... in your opinion  clearly.... happy for you...i'd keep mine in my game

These textures of yours weren't included in that comparison. That's why I've added them to Testing. :D

...won out .... in your opinion  clearly.... happy for you...i'd keep mine in my game

These textures of yours weren't included in that comparison. That's why I've added them to Testing. :D

yep yep....realized after "post reply" button... did not know there was a range of choices to decide from :) sorry

..and then I deleted the Beauty of Skyrim thread by mistake. Techangel apparently moved thelastwon's OP from the Hectrol thread to the Beauty of Skyrim thread, which made it the OP instead of mine for some reason, so I attempted to delete by deleting the false OP - which deleted the whole thread again for some reason.

Techangel, check to see if the post you are trying to move was made before the OP of the new thread - if it is, it will just screw up the ordering of the new thread.

What's with all the suspension points... :D

Saw this yesterday; very nice work indeed. Also, someone using half-res uncompressed normals! I think I'm going to faint. ;) I am swooning over you Cabal. What are you up to next? Cabal's flora overhaul? :)

What's with all the suspension points... :D

Saw this yesterday; very nice work indeed. Also, someone using half-res uncompressed normals! I think I'm going to faint. ;) I am swooning over you Cabal. What are you up to next? Cabal's flora overhaul? :)

dunnow mate, never worked on flora and stuff like that,aside fron photos  i do not really know where to start, much more probably  blades armor is next...dwarven mace and bow ,whiterun missing files (they're not few .carpets +banners,need lot of work) and first things on windhelm.... anyone agree that windhelm without parallax is a bycicle without a seat?