SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills (SjoertJansen)

torminater

This makes me question my setup because I see only six non-conflicted files. These are the NIFs in the meshes/Effects folder. Everything else is overwritten by Realstic Water Two (fxwatertileflat_n.dds and fxfluidtile02.dds), TES5LODGen (all the bto files), or Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMfarmhousewindmillfan.nif).

• 2 months later...

Even the author of SkyFalls and SkyMills says that if you use DynDOLOD this mod is (mostly) redundant.

From SkyFalls and SkyMills nexus page:

The only benefit for keeping SkyFalls and SkyMills when using DynDOLOD, is the placement of windmill sails. My mod moves the larger sails away from the entrances of windmills for added realism.

If you do not care for windmill sail placement, you can skip installing, or remove SkyFalls and SkyMills entirely, saving you an esp slot. To still get the nice bigger windmill sails from SMIM you need to select the SkyFalls and SkyMills compatibility patch during SMIM installation even though SkyFalls and SkyMills is not installed. This makes DynDOLOD recognise the new meshes and implement them automatically.

• +1 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I've noticed that the Update 3.3.2 was removed from Nexus Mod Website. The changelog was updated in 19/11/2015 and it informed that it was removed because was having issues. Here is the link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40564/? 

Since this is my first time using the STEP build, should I install the Skyfalls + Skymills 3.3.1 normally and carry on? Because the wiki suggests the 3.3.2 update.

I'm new to the forums so excuse me if this is not the right place to talk about this.

Cheers

It changes the position of the sails on windmills to be more realistic and not cover the doors. If you don't care about that, you can skip it without any issues if you also have DynDOLOD.

I always kept it because it uses different meshes for animated distant objects, but we could just go with the ones that DDL provides to avoid the problem.