things added in SR Legendary

• 1 month later...

SR:LE is a complete rewrite of SR. While many of the mods are being reused, there will be many new ones or better/alternatives to previously used mods. With this said, as Neovalen is still deciding which mods to even use the list is changing consistently. At this time there isn't an absolute decision on what mods will be added/removed in comparison to the original SR, but some content mods such Wrymstooth is being added. Just like any of us would have to do in answering your question, you can go through the list and compare for yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...
so the original one is relative the stable' date=' but the new one may not be?[/quote']

I'm sure the enw one is pretty stable. However, Neovalen has only gotten as far as the landscape and creatures, UI etc and if I did my setup properly he only has around 65 mods in there. IIRC the original had upwards of 200. Neovalen is completely revamping the guide in an attempt to not only make the world look better, and bring more immersion but to make it more stable with some of the recent advancements in the utilities area of the modding community. I.E. ENBoost functionality and the trusty TES5Edit instructions the original guide is so loved for.

With the original you should keep in mind that some mod versions are no longer available. This is generally not an issue for most mods, but if you need to do tes5editing to resolve conflicts then you will in a small number of cases (from memory maybe 3-4 mods) have to do different conflict resolutions than the ones mentioned in SR. This is usually related to one of the updated Unofficial Patches. If you wish to do that, and if you can't find a solution, it's probably a good idea to read Chapter 4 of the NVEdit Manual https://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38413//?

Got some some questions for Neo, hopefully you see this.

With your legendary edition I have been following it for the last few months and have noticed the removal and adding of mods then the complete rewrite.  For the last few weeks there seems to be relatively few updates apart from rw2 and master of time, though you have expressed your interest in a few other mods. 

Anyway just curious as to whether you are waiting / will use other packs in addition to yours.  I thought perhaps you were waiting on the weather and lighting pack but then remembered you use unreal enb which doesnt go well with cot so maybe you are not waiting and are just really busy.

Second question is - what is with all the conflict resolution that you have added this last week or so?  Are there major issues with elfx not carrying records over (which seems to be the case reading the description)? Sorry I don't know much about these issues and have only ever used tsedit to clean the masters.

Have you contacted the elfx team about these issues if this is the case, because I am willing to if you have not already done so.

Finally do you think you will have the majority of the guide done by Christmas holidays.  I understand if you can't give a time frame or don't want to, I'm just curious as I'm sure many others are.  You have nearly 20K views in just a few months of your new guide!  Looking forward to it in any case. 

Btw have you guys seen / heard of Luftahraan?  I'm looking forward to that mod almost as much as Neos' guide.  Hopefully they release around the same time :D

Got some some questions for Neo, hopefully you see this.

With your legendary edition I have been following it for the last few months and have noticed the removal and adding of mods then the complete rewrite.  For the last few weeks there seems to be relatively few updates apart from rw2 and master of time, though you have expressed your interest in a few other mods. 

Anyway just curious as to whether you are waiting / will use other packs in addition to yours.  I thought perhaps you were waiting on the weather and lighting pack but then remembered you use unreal enb which doesnt go well with cot so maybe you are not waiting and are just really busy.

Second question is - what is with all the conflict resolution that you have added this last week or so?  Are there major issues with elfx not carrying records over (which seems to be the case reading the description)? Sorry I don't know much about these issues and have only ever used tsedit to clean the masters.

Have you contacted the elfx team about these issues if this is the case, because I am willing to if you have not already done so.

Finally do you think you will have the majority of the guide done by Christmas holidays.  I understand if you can't give a time frame or don't want to, I'm just curious as I'm sure many others are.  You have nearly 20K views in just a few months of your new guide!  Looking forward to it in any case. 

Btw have you guys seen / heard of Luftahraan?  I'm looking forward to that mod almost as much as Neos' guide.  Hopefully they release around the same time :D

I have been really really busy IRL(work) lately plus just got GTA V and BF 4 around the corner so I am splitting my time quite a lot right now. That being said however, I am setting up the groundwork to start doing more serious updates once USKP (and all DLC patches) v2.0 is rolled out.

The conflict resolution is the meat and potatoes of getting mods working together and you will likely see many more updates in this area once things get started in full swing. I have not had the time to contact any mod authors about any of these due to said time constraint above. Keep in mind: Not all of the problems are specific to ELFX, ELFX is listed because it touches a LOT of areas and things can and do overwrite it as well. All of the listed mods "touched" said record and only the last one of them wins. Hence the need to do a conflict resolution if a "bad" record wins. If you want to learn more about what I mean, I invite you to watch the TES5Edit video I have linked at the top of the guide in the tools section.