Stable uGridsToLoad (by Altimor)

hellanios

Question

Discussion thread:
Stable uGridsToLoad by Altimor
Wiki Link

Based on the feedback this mod does help solve the ugrids problem!! I think everyone should try it out!!
Accepted for 2.2.8

MT: We especially should be testing these *.dll/SKSE code appendages together (Player Physics, Safety Load)

I tested STEP:Core 2.2.7 without (left side) and with (right side) Safety Load, Stable uGrids, and Player Pysics. Here is SPM output from running the intro cart ride + fast travel to 9 different parts of skyrim, including Solthsiem + approx 30 second wait without mofing at all. The peak is the cart ride and returning to Windhelm from Solthsiem in both cases. Very little difference and no issues with either run. This does not really support for use in STEP:Core, but it does not refute it either. The true test is with STEP:Extended or Core with several demanding Packs installed and hours of gameplay with and without.

Edit: Stable uGridsToLoad was dropped after the release of 2.2.9.2 due to concerns regarding a potential memory corruption issue that was never fixed.

STEP does not recommend changing the uGrids setting. With DynDOLOD, there should be no need.

Edited by Nebulous112
Stable uGridsToLoad dropped

By default, there's a block of 5x5 cells within which everything is loaded for the full 100%. textures, scripts - you name it. Your character is in the middle cell and the block moves along with you. This is uGrids 5.

With uGrids 7, there's a block of 7x7 cells. 

Everything outside the block is considered part of distance. Cell-dependent scripts are not run outside your uGrids area, texture quality is vastly reduced and ingame events are not triggered.

You can see this best when you type "tb" in console and then open the map, you'll nptice the uGrids area around your character. 

(correct me if I'm wrong :p)

Everything outside the block is considered part of distance. Cell-dependent scripts are not run outside your uGrids area, texture quality is vastly reduced and ingame events are not triggered.

Actually, I think that you are only using LODs or the lowest quality mip maps outside of the grid you have rendered. Some stuff doesn't even render at all as is shown by Gopher in the video I posted. There is also an Encore video he did for uGrids so might be worth checking out if you want more info.

I think it would make more sense to move this mod to Fixes. It doesn't really enhance graphics and functionality so much as it fixes a vanilla bug hindering users from enhancing graphics and functionality. I think the only reason we put this in Script Extenders is because it is an SKSE plugin, but we already have several SKSE plugin fixes already in Fixes.