A Tweak/Fix for your Shimmering Textures.

Necroing this thread to report that I found a new fix, and it's surprisingly simple.

What I was experiencing was shimmering textures. But they were only aliased during movement. Even though I used ENB for quite some time, I never really enabled its AA functions. After switching TemporalAA to 'true' virtually all the shimmering during movement has disappeared. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Necroing this thread to report that I found a new fix, and it's surprisingly simple.What I was experiencing was shimmering textures. But they were only aliased during movement. Even though I used ENB for quite some time, I never really enabled its AA functions. After switching TemporalAA to 'true' virtually all the shimmering during movement has disappeared. 

Thanks, this worked for me as well.  I think I had gotten so used to it that I didn't notice it but, now that I'm running around with temporal, subpixel and smaa to top it off I can't believe how much better everything looks without the plants shimmering.  And when I thought it was still slightly shimmering I realized that, no, it's just now I can see through the plants as I'm walking, which is a really sweet effect.  You guys should definitely add this to the guide, extended or the enb guide, at least, because it does make a huge, huge difference.

I was having a little z-fighting but using the solution 

[Terrainmanager]fBlockMaximumDistance=500000fBlockLevel1Distance=140000fBlockLevel0Distance=75000fSplitDistanceMult=4.0

[MAIN]fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=500000.0000

took care of it, almost completely.  I didn't even need to use the fNearDistance=20.0000 line, keeping me from having to put up with the clipping issues.

Thanks!

Thanks, this worked for me as well.  I think I had gotten so used to it that I didn't notice it but, now that I'm running around with temporal, subpixel and smaa to top it off I can't believe how much better everything looks without the plants shimmering.  And when I thought it was still slightly shimmering I realized that, no, it's just now I can see through the plants as I'm walking, which is a really sweet effect.  You guys should definitely add this to the guide, extended or the enb guide, at least, because it does make a huge, huge difference.

I was having a little z-fighting but using the solution 

[Terrainmanager]fBlockMaximumDistance=500000fBlockLevel1Distance=140000fBlockLevel0Distance=75000fSplitDistanceMult=4.0

[MAIN]fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=500000.0000

took care of it, almost completely.  I didn't even need to use the fNearDistance=20.0000 line, keeping me from having to put up with the clipping issues.

Thanks!

With regards to z-fighting, I found that using an ENB which has enablemist=true (like Vividian) almost all the z-fighting is gone because there is now nice looking mist on distant mountains covering it up :P

The only thing to be mindful of when using ini tweaks to fight Z-fighting is that when you start to get Infinite loading screens and CTD´s etc. there is a high chance for those tweaks being the cause. 

@Nearox and Aiyen

Thanks for the advice.  I use Vividian also so I'll give it a try without the ini tweaks.  Is there another set of values you would suggest or am I best off just throwing a semicolon down in front of those edits and not using any edits, presumably letting the game dictate some vanilla values (I've had these edits in for so long I'm not even sure anymore if the vanilla inis had existing values there or not.)  I'm sure I'll figure it out though.

Thanks.