Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

I wouldnt worry about the patches for mods that are part of STEP. Those I can account for and make a patch. 

The only downside is I'll probably only make one but hopefully smash will be accepted where all the user has to do is click smash.

I am aware of the fps fixes but thank you anyway :D

I want the update to be a one time thing, with almost no maintenance because I'm terrible with commitments. 

I currently have vividian/cot set up like in SR:LE. The snow storms can get pretty intense, I don't know if supreme storms are needed? True storms is mostly sound if I understand it correctly.Wouldn't this need to be balanced with WAO as it already has mods that alter sounds and are balanced with each other?

The most note worthy part of TS is the thunder sounds but that is my opinion.

Umi made a few edits to them like removing some sounds during fog and some other weathers.

TS does change the rain and snow shader a little bit.

Balance with WAO isnt an issue because there are not that many thunder sound mods out there.

Umi does include the patches that are edited for wao's weathers.

I've always disliked vanilla rain because I can see the rain bands and once you see it, you can never unsee it.

So I kind of have a soft spot for SS. If people dislike it, I'll remove it.

I don't use an ENB cause my pc can't hanlde it. You could add it as an optional though for those who are able to run it. I think you should just use TS. SS is too much in my opinion. About LoS or ELFX exteriors, I would choose ELFX because it's more up to date. As for the nights, isn't WAO supposed to provide one?Oh and about ISC(immersive sounds compendium?), I wouldn't even think about.AOS is the best sound overhaul.

Edited by hellanios

Not finished updating but let me know what you think.

I need to add ENB instructions for various mods.

Are there any other patches needed in STEP?

Im think I am going to change WAO's Presets in the installer because the way I have it right now is a way that I dislike.

I want to get WAO for STEP guides/packs into one ESP and have it mastered to the STEP patch but then that means that I add an extra 6 plugins to the installer making updates an even bigger pain.

IDK, we'll see tomorrow.

EDIT: I updated the installer and now Im very tired and I probably screwed something up.

Also, merging is possible but may be difficult for some. I think I am going to put a not saying that WAO merges very well and include the LO I used.

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking forward to try this out when it is finished.

In my opinion WAO and SS is just great and really needed. ENB is great and demanding but I would love to use it. Anyway there is some options to ENB but I dont know how good they are:

I Cant Believe Its NOT An ENB: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48554/?

Some suggestions for other mods:

wonders of weather? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64941/?

Real clouds: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39450/?

Cheers

Edited by xxx78

Real clouds is really bugged and doesnt connect with the appropriate weathers, love the mod but it needs some more love.

Wonders of Weather looks like it will be included in STEP, so theres no need to add it.

Im actually going to remove the mods that it supersedes.

I can definitely add enb alts. Are there any other note worthy ones?

~1-3 more

I want to add ENBs that are compatible but there is an issue.

They have to recognize BOTH PW and COT weathers if they use custom weathers.

I can merge weather.ini if I have to.

Or do not include ANY custom weathers.

~1-2 more

There are some mods that are going to update that WAO is reliant on so there will likely be another update soon.

As for WAO itself there are some minor issues because of LOOT. I have some of the rules for ELE, ELE Lite, and ELFX.

I was going to update WAO to forward more records (minor) but then I was informed that one or more of the dependent mods was getting an update and it would be pretty large.

The way I currently handle W&L pack in WAO's installer is okay but it seems like ELE Lite is going to be part of STEP which will change some stuff around and make the install a little easier.

I took a look at what Clouds for Skyrim uses to determine if clouds should be present and it uses "currentWeather.GetSunDamage()" which is interesting but it makes it compatible as long as that record is filled in with an appropriate value. The downside is it seems like the mod is compatible with Tamriel, Solstheim and Falskaar but thats with primitive papyrus scripting experience.

Hi all,

I'm using STEP Extended with this pack and some other stuff. Everything works fine and all.. But i find dungeons way too dark. Disabling Vividian helps somewhat but i really would like to use it because it adds so much other stuff.

Is there anything i can configure in order to brighten things up a bit? What would be the result of disabling ELE or ELFX?

I would also like more vanilla styled colours... Would disabling vividian vivid and installing vividian vanilla work even though it wont follow the install instructions? What i mean is would reinstalling it on top of everything else (while disabling vivid) cause any major issues?

I followed the guide in SR: LE when installing Vividian vivid.

EDIT:

I also configured my skyrim.ini/skyrimprefs.ini according to "vividian enb\misc - skyrim prefs\4 cores 4 threads\without ultra shadows", but i'm not certain if this was recommended?

EDIT 2:

Also, according to the guide i should be disabling "Lightning During Thunder Storms" if i'm using STEP Extended, However WAO complains about it nothing have the correct masters when creating a new bashed patch. Should i keep it enabled then?

And some of the LOOT Meta instructions reference esp's not included in the pack guide.. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Edited by lain

I would recommend against using vividians ini

To brighten things up you can raise a value in the shader window. I would as in the vividian form for which on to raise.

On the wao page it says to disable the cot version because it it included. As long as you follow the pack everything is fine.

I would recommend against using vividians ini

To brighten things up you can raise a value in the shader window. I would as in the vividian form for which on to raise.

On the wao page it says to disable the cot version because it it included. As long as you follow the pack everything is fine.

Okay. Is there any reason why? I'll revert to the ini's i made earlier but i seemed to be getting better performance (in dungeons) at least with the vividan ini settings. Although i was tired when i tried it out so i might be wrong.

Alright, i'll post over there instead. Thanks.

And just to be clear, this is what it says on the pack:

"This is a WIP part of the pack that Hishutup is working on and may be a mess for awhile.

If you use STEP Extended then disable Lightning During Thunder Storms"

What you mean is that mintylightning.esp should still be enabled, but if for some reason you have "MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp" then that should be disabled since it's already included in the WAO patch?

Just making sure that i understand you correctly. Thanks for the work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Is the Pack up-to-date? It's telling me to search for an option file in the WAO page, but I only see one Main file. No optionals. Also would love to know if I can skip the ENB.

I installed WAO not too long ago when it had that repeating sound issue. Would it be ok to install it using the WAO main page's instructions? I'm runing STEP Core with a couple of good mods that DON'T change anything WAO will do. Thanks guys. Work hard!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.