STEP v2.2.7 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

BUG REPORTS ONLY PLEASE!

Please post any bugs or issues that you think may be related to this release on this thread. Those issues will be fixed, if possible, in the next STEP update.

Progress on the next STEP release can be found in this forum. Make sure to check back often for updates!

v2.2.7 Changelog
(changes made since initial release)

To let everyone know, all this work that has taken place will not be made official for the current release; although, it is available on the guide now via the mod wiki pages. This is because there really isn't a way to "refine" the guide, mods and their instructions away from the public view (at least not the type of refining that will be taking place). This is due to the way the current wiki is constructed and set up. From this point to the time of the 2.2.8 release, you can consider the current 2.2.7 Guide as a "live beta" of sorts, though none of the changes made should cause any issue if they are followed before the 2.2.8 release. When getting ready for the 2.2.8 release, I'll gather up all the changes I've made and post them in the 2.2.8 changelog along with the other stuff that will come with that release.

The 2.2.8 release will mostly be a "refinement" release. Very few new mods will likely be added in the next release; however, STEP should become more easy to follow and more stable once that version is finalized and officially released.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From STEP 2.2.7 guide:

Windmills Resized

STEP recommends the "smaller version" (1.23x). The default (1.5x) has minor clipping issues with the stables in Solitude.

From SkyFalls and SkyMills page:

I have also made the Windmills and watermills distant animated (Compatible with and highly recommended (essential) Windmills resized! 1.5x. It was really simple to be honest, except for the Solitude mill, that was a nice challange.

Also the author posted in Windmills Resized page

SjoertJansen: If you use this mod in conjunction with my mod SkyMills - Animated Distant Mills The clipping issue with the bigger size is fixed!!!!!!

100% confirmed by test

I am removing Quality Wold Map empy placeholder from the 2.2.7 ModList. This is what was causing the yellow triangle (for future reference).

Also, HD Enhanced Terrain is in the mod list, but it should be Enhanced Distant Terrain. (I will take care of this too)

* Trees HD BCFs are outdated. They should incorporate the deleted textures ... any volunteers? (Just use the current BCFs to create the result, then omit the dropped textures and re-create and replace the old BCF)

Snow and Rocks HD is still in the 2.2.7 guide but changelog says it was removed

Superior Lore-Friendly Hair replaces AOF Believable Hair in the 2.2.7 guide, but this is not noted in the changelog

Enhanced Distant Terrain - Earth includes both a 512x512 version and a 1Kx1K version, but only the 1kx1k version is mentioned in the guide.

I am removing Quality Wold Map empy placeholder from the 2.2.7 ModList. This is what was causing the yellow triangle (for future reference).

Also, HD Enhanced Terrain is in the mod list, but it should be Enhanced Distant Terrain. (I will take care of this too)

* Trees HD BCFs are outdated. They should incorporate the deleted textures ... any volunteers? (Just use the current BCFs to create the result, then omit the dropped textures and re-create and replace the old BCF)

HDET should still be there for the map snow no? I figure the noise would just get overwritten by EDT.

HDET should still be there for the map snow no? I figure the noise would just get overwritten by EDT.
I stand corrected (if that is your recommendation, then we should add this just above EDT).

I can take care of this and all of what Kelmych pointed out, but I think it would be good exposure to the SMW process if Kelmych or WilliamImm would take a stab at it.

Editing the changelog is' date=' of course, easy. Where is the list of mods included in the current STEP list stored?[/quote']

This is accessed via STEP:Main. Just click on EDIT/PROPAGATE MOD LISTS.

Just navigate to the section of interest and add/remove or drag mods accordingly in each section. Mods will only appear in lists if they are on the wiki and in the section of interest.

And any Semantic changes will not appear unless the Guide page is refreshed using the Page Tools.

What is the deal with chests? The detailed chests textures cannot overwrite the chests of SMIM due to the new meshes being pretty different. I like the darker SMIM texture a lot, but the lighter one is not my favorite. Also, the new bone piles are really for extreme, but there is a less demanding option that is really nice and should be recommended option.

Thanks for all the great work and to all contributing persons of this project.

BTW you should fix the changelog for claim of removal of the mod "Snow and Rocks".

I followed all the day this guide and DDSopted most of my mods to 1K (including the famous Book Of Silence).

What is the deal with chests? The detailed chests textures cannot overwrite the chests of SMIM due to the new meshes being pretty different. I like the darker SMIM texture a lot' date=' but the lighter one is not my favorite. Also, the new bone piles are really for extreme, but there is a less demanding option that is really nice and should be recommended option.[/quote']

Detailed Chests is only textures. Moving it to Clutter will not affect the SMIM meshes. If you like the textures from SMIM better, simply don't install Detailed Chests because that's all the mod is providing.

Thanks for all the great work and to all contributing persons of this project.

BTW you should fix the changelog for claim of removal of the mod "Snow and Rocks".

I followed all the day this guide and DDSopted most of my mods to 1K (including the famous Book Of Silence).

Done, it's been removed from the mod list.