STEP v2.2.7 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

These three mods:

Snow & Rocks HD

AOF Farmhouses

Disease Descriptions

were removed from Core, not Extended. That is why they were still in the Guide (just no longer marked as Core); however, I think we agreed to remove S&R HD completely. The other two were not discussed to be removed from Extended.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These three mods:

Snow & Rocks HD

AOF Farmhouses

Disease Descriptions

were removed from Core, not Extended. That is why they were still in the Guide (just no longer marked as Core); however, I think we agreed to remove S&R HD completely. The other two were not discussed to be removed from Extended.

Yes, any aesthetic Core texture or mesh that Extended would overwrite should be removed from the guide completely. If we make decisions about Extended, it should be because we agree that the chosen replacer is actually better than the Core version. Disease Descriptions can stay, but these and any texture/mesh assets should be dropped from the Guide.

We can do a more thorough evaluation of Extended in the next release.

1.) Shouldn't there be a note in the SMIM section that says not to use the Furniture Chest plugin if you want to use the textures from Detailed Chests? I could be wrong but I thought you can't use chest textures from any other mods if you use the SMIM one since it overwrites all other changes automatically.

2.) The removal of "HD Enhanced Terrain" is still missing from the Changelog as well as the addition of "Enhanced Distant Terrain."

Hi, to what extent are the instructions for "Book of Silence" out of date? The recent update changed and added a lot of stuff some of which I can't imagine not being included.

:)

Personally, I just install everything. For STEP, use the vanilla options where appropriate (such as fur color).

1.) Shouldn't there be a note in the SMIM section that says not to use the Furniture Chest plugin if you want to use the textures from Detailed Chests? I could be wrong but I thought you can't use chest textures from any other mods if you use the SMIM one since it overwrites all other changes automatically.

2.) The removal of "HD Enhanced Terrain" is still missing from the Changelog as well as the addition of "Enhanced Distant Terrain."

No plugins from SMIM should be active as far as I know. We're only installing the meshes. The main ESP is 100% covered by the USKP. The other two are fixes and the chest one is for a snow fix. I'll have to look more into them to give a sound judgement.

HD Enhanced Terrain is not being removed; it's being kept for the snow LODs and being overwritten by Enhanced Distant Terrain. Enhanced Distant Terrain used to be in STEP. I forgot to update the changelog because I never took it out of my personal mod list. lol I'll do that now.

Hi, to what extent are the instructions for "Book of Silence" out of date? The recent update changed and added a lot of stuff some of which I can't imagine not being included.

:)

Personally, I just install everything. For STEP, use the vanilla options where appropriate (such as fur color).

No plugins from SMIM should be active as far as I know. We're only installing the meshes. The main ESP is 100% covered by the USKP. The other two are fixes and the chest one is for a snow fix. I'll have to look more into them to give a sound judgement.

HD Enhanced Terrain is not being removed; it's being kept for the snow LODs and being overwritten by Enhanced Distant Terrain. Enhanced Distant Terrain used to be in STEP. I forgot to update the changelog because I never took it out of my personal mod list. lol I'll do that now.

I don't see HD Enhanced Terrain in the STEP guide anymore. Was it removed by mistake? Or am I just not finding it?

The plugin

StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp

from SMIM 1.5x is very important! I discovered this fact when completing the thieves guild quest in "Snow Veil Sanctum". If the preceeding plugin is not active the exterior chest near the entrance door of this ruin will look weird because its is supposed to have SMIM snow textures which are enabled only by the plugin.

The plugin

StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp

from SMIM 1.5x is very important! I discovered this fact when completing the thieves guild quest in "Snow Veil Sanctum". If the preceeding plugin is not active the exterior chest near the entrance door of this ruin will look weird because its is supposed to have SMIM snow textures which are enabled only by the plugin.

Apparently it uses it's own textures though and does not show the textures from Detailed Chests. I have to look but there was definitely a thread on this from last month. 

Okay, I've replicated that issue. So now we need to decided between SMIM textures or Detailed Chests textures:

SMIM  >>  Detailed Chests

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

I'm inclined to just with the SMIM texture and meshes as they are closer to vanilla and work well for Core.

Which type of Detailed Chests are you using in this compare? Is it the STEP recommended 'Washed Dirty' version?

Honestly, I had the opposite opinion previously but I'm liking the colors in the SMIM version better. In terms of texture resolution/quality, they look about equal. 

Does the SMIM .esp only affect Chests that are in snowy areas?