STEP v2.2.7 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see the issue raised concerning the SMIM plugin.

Detailed Chests textures seem to wrap around SMIM just fine. Could someone create a screen compare of the problem if it exists?

Also, Detailed Chests is better overall, IMO. SMIM textures are also good, but not enough to warrant that the former should be overwritten by the latter.

Here is the "snowy chest" ... in Volunruud (maybe my memory betrayed me confusing Darkbrotherhood with Thieves Guild Quests):

I have followed STEP 2.2.7 line by line with the load orders in my Wrye Bash and I have just deactivated "StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp" from my load list and here is the result:

Chest 1

Chest 2

Chest 2 texture problem

Here is the "snowy chest" ... in Volunruud (maybe my memory betrayed me confusing Darkbrotherhood with Thieves Guild Quests):

I have followed STEP 2.2.7 line by line with the load orders in my Wrye Bash and I have just deactivated "StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp" from my load list and here is the result:

Chest 1

Chest 2

Chest 2 texture problem

Yep, that is a big problem. So these are Detailed Chests wrapping around SMIM meshes?

What does Detailed Chests look like with SMIM ESP active?

I will take a screenshot (anyway with the esp activated the chest look very cool as I remember).

If you don't select the 40 - furniture chest options, it should skip the SMIM textures/meshes and then you can just use Detailed Chest textures without a problem, right?
Not ideal, as any mesh fix should be pretty necessary. Let's see how Detailed Chests looks wrapped around SMIM.

I will take a screenshot (anyway with the esp activated the chest look very cool as I remember).

If you don't select the 40 - furniture chest options, it should skip the SMIM textures/meshes and then you can just use Detailed Chest textures without a problem, right?
Not ideal, as any mesh fix should be pretty necessary. Let's see how Detailed Chests looks wrapped around SMIM.
Yea, but the Chest feature of SMIM is fairly new. We got along great without it for a while. I was under the impression that if you use the Chest Fix, SMIM will use its own Chest Textures and will not let you overwrite it. So basically, the Detailed Chest textures won't show up. I need someone to confirm that though. I am not home right now and will not be for a while.

I didn't test the 40 - furniture option, maybe this point need an investigation.

Anyway here are the chests screenshots after activating SMIM furniture plugin:

Chest 1 after activation

Chest 2 after activation

Oh. I thought you were referring to the Furniture Chests option of SMIM. What are you talking about?

Option 40 - Furniture Chests is where that ESP is, no?