STEP v2.2.7 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vivid Landscape gang like to use moss quite heavily, it seems.  Personally, I like it.  Probably the best point of reference for this type of landscape that I've seen is the Isle of Skye.  Moss is quite dominant on most rocks and structures, blending them into the landscape, which is the effect they seem to be going for.

I grabbed some screens:

Current STEP  >>  512 Texture  >>  1K Texture

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

We need to either dropped or switch. STEP's current choice is no longer available and it's based on AOF which we already dropped (that's the reason the rocks look different). There's no perceivable difference between the 512 and the 1K in my game (1600x900 resolution). There might be a noticeable difference at higher resolutions, though. Anyone care to test the resolutions?

I dunno if this has been brought up yet' date=' but I noticed that there's a yellow triangle in section F between HRDLC Optimized and Realistic Smoke and Embers.[/quote']

Took care of it.

aMidianborn Book of Silence includes now 2 more packs - Creatures and Dragonborn DLC' date=' guide should specify whether or not install these packs.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24909/?[/quote']

My you guys are picky. Haha! :lol: Just install all of Book of Silence. I updated the notes to put this one to rest for good.

WATER description doesn't specify which water surface waves pattern to choose.

Starting from 1.85 version there are 4.

(Regular) Calm

(Regular)

Alternative Calm

Alternative

in that order.

There's also a gif file in Fomod folder showing visual differences between all 4 versions.

I didn't checked these different patterns in game yet so I'm going with regular.

I think Ruins Clutter Improvement is missing from the list. There's no note of it being removed, and the changelog says "Realistic Smoke & Embers moved to Section F below Ruins Clutter Improvement", which doesn't really make sense if the latter mod isn't there.

WATER description doesn't specify which water surface waves pattern to choose.

Starting from 1.85 version there are 4.

(Regular) Calm

(Regular)

Alternative Calm

Alternative

in that order.

There's also a gif file in Fomod folder showing visual differences between all 4 versions.

I didn't checked these different patterns in game yet so I'm going with regular.

If there are multiple options for a mod' date=' with no STEP recommendation, that means that the choice is the user's.

I think Ruins Clutter Improvement is missing from the list. There's no note of it being removed' date=' and the changelog says "Realistic Smoke & Embers moved to Section F below Ruins Clutter Improvement", which doesn't really make sense if the latter mod isn't there.[/quote']

Fixed. I don't know that section keeps getting messed up...

That is correct. The files in Quality World Map are only the "map view" files that you see when you open your map; thus, shouldn't affect your game when actually gaming. I checked out several areas in the game that are the highest points in the game. No LOD issues. If you ran DDSopt on any LOD textures, that might be your issue.

I know this was way back at the start of this thread, but bear with me.

For No stretching wouldn't it be only the mountain meshes that are the problem? Seems a little much to uninstall the entire mod if some of the meshes still fix stretching issues in other places. Especially since other mods already have somewhat detailed lists of what and what not to install.

We could always just say delete the landscape folder and keep the dungeons one (not sure if rocks folder is affected by the same issue). That would be the most basic solution.