42 replies to this topic

#31 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

I just noticed that Zilav might have already answered my question when I asked him about plugins and navmesh overrides:

Yes, you can mod any plugin and any content with another plugin, and then another one on top of them, and another... up to the 253 plugins limit. That's the buty of Beth's plugins system.

Make sure to convert plugins being modded into ESM (toggle flag in TES4 header) when loading in CK, no need to change extension.

Toggling Jaggarsfeld to be an ESM while I work in the CK might be the answer I've been looking for as long as this change doesn't require the main mod to stay an ESM in the header...which would require a mod update to Jaggarsfeld...which probably wouldn't happen... I must try this when I get home from work tonight!

If you are working on a plugin inside the CK every master must have the ESM flag, if you fail to do so then the CK will not save it as a master and break any reference to the plugin. Just like deleting a master in the CK.

#32 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

I always find it easier creating my own stuff rather than fixing other people's work :dry:

True, but I need skill practice, that's why I'm starting with this.

#33 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

http://forums.bethso...ing-mod-addons/

I just noticed that Zilav might have already answered my question when I asked him about plugins and navmesh overrides:

Toggling Jaggarsfeld to be an ESM while I work in the CK might be the answer I've been looking for as long as this change doesn't require the main mod to stay an ESM in the header...

I can confirm adding the ESM record flag to the plugin being edited by another plugin works. This is how to make "addon mods" that requires a plugin to overwrite another plugin form changes in the CK. I tested this method tonight and it allowed the changes I made in the CK to save without creating the duplicate worldspace, and I confirmed the changes overwrote and worked in-game. This is good information to know. This method was also confirmed to be the correct method by Zilav via PM and by Arthmoor at the link above.

#34 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

CK is buggy as all get-out and seems to randomly crash from time to time. It also stops rendering objects if you're moving around a lot. I sure hope the next version is more stable.

#35 Greg

Greg

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

Don't hold your breath... As much as I love Bethesda's TES series, everything they've ever created is as buggy as a swamp and they're perfectly happy selling software with blatant bugs they never plan to fix.

#36 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

CK is buggy as all get-out and seems to randomly crash from time to time. It also stops rendering objects if you're moving around a lot. I sure hope the next version is more stable.

F5 is your friend :D

#37 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hey, just looking for some advice here; attempting to make a compatibility patch between Hallgarths for NPC's and Inhabitants of Skyrim (+USLEEP).  I've made a plugin in xEdit that uses the records from IoS with the hairs from Hallgarths.  I converted HallgarthAdditionalHair.esp to a master by editing the record flag in xEdit. 

Start up the CK... and step firmly outside the bounds of my knowledge.

I imagine I need to load HallgarthAdditionalHair.esp, my mod - Hallgarths for Inhabitants of Skyrim.esp , USLEEP and the base game plugins.  Is this correct?  IoS (NPC_Overhaul_V_3.esp) is not a master to my mod, so I'm not sure whether I need to load it as well?

From there I'm just not sure how to go about selecting my NPC's.  I can't discern a way to see the contents of an individual .esp like I can in xEdit.  I'm hoping for some way to simply select all the NPC's from my plugin and batch export all the facegen at once.  Really hoping I don't have to open xEdit, note down every NPC in my patch, open CK, select them individually and export facegen one at a time... Say it ain't so!

After that I've read about troubles with the output of Facegen data in MO, where it will place those files inside the last loaded mod that contains them if there is one.  I'd like to be able to share this afterward so it's important all the data ends up in a new folder.  For that reason I've created a new profile in MO where only the mods I need active are, but CRF (which is a master to IoS...which I may or may not need to load, I think not) contains at least some facegen data, not sure if it overlaps with any NPC's in my plugin...

Is there any way to ensure the files go where I want them to in MO?

#38 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:24 PM

Just finished writing down the formID and edID of every NPC in my patch.  About to load up the CK and start to create facegen one by one... this is a longshot, but if anyone knows a quicker way to do this, throw me a line!

#39 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:13 PM

So I've just had a thought and opened the .bsa for USLEEP and of course it contains facegen data.  Now it may not overlap with NPC's in my plugin, but there are quite a lot of them, and I really don't want to take the chance - I need to be certain that all the relevant FaceGen Data ends up in my Overwrite folder.  If anyone can throw me a bone here? 

When I'm done there will be a pretty cool, world/style fitting overhaul of Skyrim's NPCs with a greater range of available hairstyles - and those hairstyles applied to NPCs in an appropriate manner!  

#40 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:26 AM

Rule of thumb with MO's overwrite folder is:

if the file exists it will be replaced, if it is new then it is created and found in the overwrite.

Keep in mind MO can not do anything to any file contained within a BSA. Any new stuff you create cannot possibly overwrite any existing data from USLEEP.

The path to any *.nifs you make should be pointing to your plugin, ie. \meshes\actors\characters\facegendata\facegeom\<yourplugin.esp> thus it won't conflict with anything.

#41 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

I'm going through this right now, thus far everything went off pretty much perfectly; generating data, all of it was getting dropped in MO's overwrite...

the path though ends in Skyrim.esm?

#42 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

If they are vanilla NPC the last folder will be Skyrim.esm.

#43 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

I figured that. Mod is done, checked in-game and looking groovy.

Just made the author of Hallgarths for NPCs aware of my patch, suppose I should do the same for Inhabitants of Skyrim, if they like one of them can host it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users