35 replies to this topic

#31 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

I just noticed that Zilav might have already answered my question when I asked him about plugins and navmesh overrides:

Yes, you can mod any plugin and any content with another plugin, and then another one on top of them, and another... up to the 253 plugins limit. That's the buty of Beth's plugins system.

Make sure to convert plugins being modded into ESM (toggle flag in TES4 header) when loading in CK, no need to change extension.

Toggling Jaggarsfeld to be an ESM while I work in the CK might be the answer I've been looking for as long as this change doesn't require the main mod to stay an ESM in the header...which would require a mod update to Jaggarsfeld...which probably wouldn't happen... I must try this when I get home from work tonight!

If you are working on a plugin inside the CK every master must have the ESM flag, if you fail to do so then the CK will not save it as a master and break any reference to the plugin. Just like deleting a master in the CK.

#32 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

I always find it easier creating my own stuff rather than fixing other people's work :dry:

True, but I need skill practice, that's why I'm starting with this.

#33 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

http://forums.bethso...ing-mod-addons/

I just noticed that Zilav might have already answered my question when I asked him about plugins and navmesh overrides:

Toggling Jaggarsfeld to be an ESM while I work in the CK might be the answer I've been looking for as long as this change doesn't require the main mod to stay an ESM in the header...

I can confirm adding the ESM record flag to the plugin being edited by another plugin works. This is how to make "addon mods" that requires a plugin to overwrite another plugin form changes in the CK. I tested this method tonight and it allowed the changes I made in the CK to save without creating the duplicate worldspace, and I confirmed the changes overwrote and worked in-game. This is good information to know. This method was also confirmed to be the correct method by Zilav via PM and by Arthmoor at the link above.

#34 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

CK is buggy as all get-out and seems to randomly crash from time to time. It also stops rendering objects if you're moving around a lot. I sure hope the next version is more stable.

#35 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

Don't hold your breath... As much as I love Bethesda's TES series, everything they've ever created is as buggy as a swamp and they're perfectly happy selling software with blatant bugs they never plan to fix.

#36 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

CK is buggy as all get-out and seems to randomly crash from time to time. It also stops rendering objects if you're moving around a lot. I sure hope the next version is more stable.

F5 is your friend :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users