Dynavision

stoppingby4now

Question

I've been experiencing a problem with Dynavision with uGridsToLoad set to 7. After exiting the game, the next time I go to relaunch it, it's a coin toss whether or not I receive an error and the game fails to load. Once this happens, I have to uninstall the mod to get Skyrim to launch again. Any one else experiencing this?

Me neither, I'm loving a slight DOF. A Bokeh DOF standalone ENB version had much better performance, but I was left with ghostly images on my screen when around grass.

That is fixed in ENB 1.09

Me neither' date=' I'm loving a slight DOF. A Bokeh DOF standalone ENB version had much better performance' date=' but I was left with ghostly images on my screen when around grass.[/quote'']That is fixed in ENB 1.09
* For Nvidia Users Only (Until Boris Updates Again)
8 may 2012

Version with bug fixes for ATI/AMD users is not released yet, i'm

adding new effects to it also, so please wait a little and don't ask

were the fix is.

Me neither' date=' I'm loving a slight DOF. A Bokeh DOF standalone ENB version had much better performance' date=' but I was left with ghostly images on my screen when around grass.[/quote'']That is fixed in ENB 1.09
I had read that, but Bokeh DOF also stopped working when I tried it. I had heard it was working with 1.09 as well, but I have had no luck.

I had read that, but Bokeh DOF also stopped working when I tried it. I had heard it was working with 1.09 as well, but I have had no luck.

ATI card then I guess? DoF/SSAO didn't work with ENB 0.109 until the last betaversion he released. That version still has the grass/underwater issue for ATI too though, just not Nvidia. Next version that should be released in the next 24h most likely if his forums are a clue, will have that fixed aswell + his new improved shadows.

ATI card then I guess? DoF/SSAO didn't work with ENB 0.109 until the last betaversion he released. That version still has the grass/underwater issue for ATI too though, just not Nvidia. Next version that should be released in the next 24h most likely if his forums are a clue, will have that fixed aswell + his new improved shadows.
nVidia here. I had tried 109 maybe a week and a half to two weeks ago? Can't remember. I'll check for any updates and retry it. I loved the performance of the DOF effect and miss it.

Not sure how much you've used ENB in the past so thus I'll provide some checking-points for you that might be awfully obvious if you have played around with it before, but doesn't hurt to suggest it anyway! Any DOF settings from previous ENB are compatible with 0.109 though so it can't be that.

1) SkyrimPrefs.ini - is bFloatPointRenderTarget set to 1? If not, SSAO and DoF from ENB will not load at all.

2) enbseries.ini - Superobvious but hey, you never know! EnableDepthOfField set to true?

#1 has been the culprit for me in the past when I've gone from a no-ENB game and then gone back to using ENB and simply forgot about that value.

well, here's a comment from gopher on a different topic but it can be applied to Dynavision too of course

Gopher:

The problem is in detecting when you are close to something and

specifically close to something you are looking at. And yeah you can do

it, as that is what I do in Dynavision. But those sort of scripts

currently have issues because of the Skyrim papyrus scripting engine.

Bloated saves, unreliable etc.

He knows of the problem and probably does his best to figure out how to fix it/to get Beth to patch their scripting engine.

""I've been experiencing a problem with Dynavision with uGridsToLoad set to 7. After exiting the game, the next time I go to relaunch it, it's a coin toss whether or not I receive an error and the game fails to load. Once this happens, I have to uninstall the mod to get Skyrim to launch again. Any one else experiencing this? ""

I have similar problems, but only with loading games. Sometimes they do, sometimes skyrim hangs itself up...

i dunno whether that has anything to do with dynavision though!

Asked Gopher if he used a lot of PlaceAtMe() calls in his scripting for Dynavision which is known to cause bloat if used a lot, and it appears he is and wasn't aware of the bloating it can cause. So seems the cause is found now, but means he needs to rethink a lot of the scripting.