Companions (and Werewolves)

Pack implementation (or what is currently made) here.

Since I have done a partial Companions playthough, I could at least provide some mod ideas for Companions. And, well, some for the Werewolf pack.

Firstly, here are the ones I've used:

Enhanced Skyrim Factions: The Companions Guild - Essential for anyone looking to do a Companions playthough, it improves immersion greatly.

Enhanced Skyrim Followers - Aela the Huntress - From the same author as the above mod. Didn't get far enough in the questline to be able to recruit her, but still, worth a look.

I've also used Dreogan's Skyforge Weapons and Skyforge Shields, though I'm wondering if those should be used instead of the aMidianborn versions.

And for the Werewolf pack:

Moonlight Tales - Damn, every werewolf pack needs to have this mod, it's so complete and so comprehensive. Disable the aftermath re-equipper if using Dual Sheath Redux, as using both together can cause the "stuck shield" problem.

Werewolf Mastery - A great companion mod with Moonlight Tales. Adds new perks, and allows you to customize your werewolf character to your liking (including having it properly scale). Some issues with ESF: Companions, but they can be worked around.

There are two other werewolf perk mods I know of, namely, Werewolf Perks Expanded and Bloodmoon Rising, but I can't vouch for either because I've never used them. The former mod I may try next time I do a werewolf playthough, instead of Werewolf Mastery. But, maybe not (I love Werewolf Mastery's little features, like allowing you to revert back to human form without waiting and allowing you to feed on animals instead of just humans)

Heart of the Beast - A werewolf sound overhaul. Moonlight Tales has the new textures from this mod... but, not the sounds. You get the alpha werewolf sounds from this mod, no question. Let's face it, it's a ton more satisfying to use these sounds (and a ton more horrifying if you are on the other end of a werebeast).

Predator Vision - Vanilla nightvision sucks. Probably would be shared with both the vampire and the Khajiiti packs (as both use night eye as well).

If you have any other mods that you use relating to either the Companions or werewolves, please share.

At some point, I'd like to do a play-through as a werewolf, so thanks for compiling this list. I'll be interested to see what others suggest as well.

I also wanted to mention that you can use Dreogan's Skyforge Weapons alongside aMidianborn Skyforge if you install Dreogan's Non-replacer Patch in the optional files section. This is what I'm currently using.

I plan to do a full Companion playthrough and I use most of the mods you've listed. I don't know about any other ones that directly affect werewolves, however I just thought of this mod:

Wolf Master. It adds wolf companions. And since you're a werewolf, you could say that you could tame wolves and they would listen to your orders, by, say, instict? They could "sense" you're one of them, in a way, and perceive you as an alpha male, a leader of their pack. Sounds plausible enough for me! And in fact I think I will include this mod in my list now. I did not test it though, so I don't know if how well it is executed... Here's the description from the mod page:

It is quite known among the citizens of the Rift: the Bandits at Faldar's Tooth are breeding wolves!

Now there are rumors of new breeds, a lot stronger and tougher than the average wolf...

These animals are said to be absolutely loyal to their master...

Features:

Adds three wolves to a small dungeon in Faldar's Tooth: A Black Wolf (Fenris), an Ice Wolf (Warakin) and a Blood Wolf (Phaelan).

All wolves have more health and deal more damage than usual.

They are essential too, so if their health drops to zero, they cannot fight anymore and need time to regenerate, but they won't die.

Once you beat their former master, each wolf may follow you around and fight for you, only one at a time though.

You can give them many orders:

* Follow (if at home or waiting)

* Wait (will stay at place until you order to follow)

* Feed raw meat (gives temporary boost to health, heal rate and attack damage)

* Push (useful if they are blocking the way)

* Set home (marks the current location as the wolf's home)

* Go home (will go to the place you marked as home)

* Execute targeted orders (wait there, attack that)

The WolfPackMaster.esp is no longer supported! Instead, the wolf packs were implemented into the main file:

In one of the wolf cages, there is a button that enables/disables wolf packs.

Each alpha wolf will be followed by two smaller wolves.

You cannot talk to these wolves. They basically follow the same orders you gave the alpha wolf.

You cannot push them yet, so it might be a good idea to leave the whole pack waiting outside before you enter a building.

More important info:

The door to the wolf cage is labeled "Faldar's Fang", you can find it near the end (or near the start, depending on which way you entered) of Faldar's Tooth, a bandit fortress west of Riften.

Before you can talk to the wolves, you have to kill the Wolf Master. You'll see a message when it's done.

A following wolf uses the animal follower slot, so you might wanna send your dog home.

If you tell a wolf to go home, all wolves who have been following you before will go there, those you haven't "recruited" yet will stay at their cage. My advice: Lead one wolf (or pack) to a large place, and mark it as the home. Then go back to the others and tell them to go home. They will all arrive at your place sooner or later. They didnt like the cage, so that place won't work as a home.

Because they tend to get stuck in narrow spaces and block the way, I added a pushing action. This will knock the wolf back.

You cannot trade items with them.

If you are annoyed by the constant breathing of your wolves, install this fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to do a full Companion playthrough and I use most of the mods you've listed. I don't know about any other ones that directly affect werewolves, however I just thought of this mod:

Wolf Master. It adds wolf companions. And since you're a werewolf, you could say that you could tame wolves and they would listen to your orders, by, say, instict? They could "sense" you're one of them, in a way, and perceive you as an alpha male, a leader of their pack. Sounds plausible enough for me! And in fact I think I will include this mod in my list now. I did not test it though, so I don't know if how well it is executed... Here's the description from the mod page:

It is quite known among the citizens of the Rift: the Bandits at Faldar's Tooth are breeding wolves!

Now there are rumors of new breeds, a lot stronger and tougher than the average wolf...

These animals are said to be absolutely loyal to their master...

Features:

Adds three wolves to a small dungeon in Faldar's Tooth: A Black Wolf (Fenris), an Ice Wolf (Warakin) and a Blood Wolf (Phaelan).

All wolves have more health and deal more damage than usual.

They are essential too, so if their health drops to zero, they cannot fight anymore and need time to regenerate, but they won't die.

Once you beat their former master, each wolf may follow you around and fight for you, only one at a time though.

You can give them many orders:

* Follow (if at home or waiting)

* Wait (will stay at place until you order to follow)

* Feed raw meat (gives temporary boost to health, heal rate and attack damage)

* Push (useful if they are blocking the way)

* Set home (marks the current location as the wolf's home)

* Go home (will go to the place you marked as home)

* Execute targeted orders (wait there, attack that)

The WolfPackMaster.esp is no longer supported! Instead, the wolf packs were implemented into the main file:

In one of the wolf cages, there is a button that enables/disables wolf packs.

Each alpha wolf will be followed by two smaller wolves.

You cannot talk to these wolves. They basically follow the same orders you gave the alpha wolf.

You cannot push them yet, so it might be a good idea to leave the whole pack waiting outside before you enter a building.

More important info:

The door to the wolf cage is labeled "Faldar's Fang", you can find it near the end (or near the start, depending on which way you entered) of Faldar's Tooth, a bandit fortress west of Riften.

Before you can talk to the wolves, you have to kill the Wolf Master. You'll see a message when it's done.

A following wolf uses the animal follower slot, so you might wanna send your dog home.

If you tell a wolf to go home, all wolves who have been following you before will go there, those you haven't "recruited" yet will stay at their cage. My advice: Lead one wolf (or pack) to a large place, and mark it as the home. Then go back to the others and tell them to go home. They will all arrive at your place sooner or later. They didnt like the cage, so that place won't work as a home.

Because they tend to get stuck in narrow spaces and block the way, I added a pushing action. This will knock the wolf back.

You cannot trade items with them.

If you are annoyed by the constant breathing of your wolves, install this fix.

I gave this mod a quick test just now and it works perfectly fine. I killed the Wolf Master, the message appeared and I was able to get each of the 3 wolves to follow me. Pack mode also works. No problems! I am now including this one in my mod list :)

Or just get both of them :)

Wolf Follower seems complex and heavily scripted though, judging on description only. Would need to test on a heavily modded game I think. Must say that I am a lot more hesitant towards installing scripted mods after all the problems I've been through - freezes and ILS's perspective scares me!