Official Mod Organizer Support Forum

Uhuru

Question

This was announced on

Mod Organizer's Nexus Post Tab

a couple of days ago but we haven't got it on here yet and if it's not sunk in what I'm on about

This Forum is now the Official Mod Organizer Support Forum

Ever Since STEP made this we've seen how much better it is so Tannin gathered up all his main supporters and we came up with a battle plan derusted the Weapons and Armour (and were they rusty)

Two days ago we crossed the Border between Nexus and STEP and made a successful takeover raid the Mod Organizer Support Forum is now under Tannin's Control and his Trusted Men will be keeping this place "Mod Organized" from now on

I thought the whole of STEP could be ours if we just kept marching forward but Tannin's the Boss and he wants this section only, He's right of course Wrye Bash (the next province over) is in disorder and we don't want to deal with that problem.

Seriously though STEP has kindly invited Tannin and his Supporters on Nexus Forums to run this subforum for the benefit of all Mod Organizer Users

This does not mean abandoning Nexus. New Releases will be on Nexus no changes with that and after much discussion of alternatives the main advisors will post all advise here and once forum is properly organised (This setup being so new and STEP Teams priority is Core / Pack system so threads have just been moved here from all over old STEP forum) and the Wiki updated which has happening since September on a Sandbox version at the moment (DoubleYou is main man doing so but all help welcome) we will stop posting answers on Nexus completely but will post links to answers on here and Wiki and only stop if questions scease being asked on Nexus. Nudging Users to STEP rather than Force (Tannin won't let me use Torture Chamber we found in Basement so no Fun either).

Of course we al have real lives and are all at opposite ends of the Globe as well so things take time STEP has made Tannin a moderator and extended the offer too his main supporters on Nexus Forums we are still getting organized

Tannin's main responsibility is and always will be Mod Organizer Coding and his supporters will do most of the moderating of this Forum and keeping Wiki updated

We don't want STEP users to think we're displacing them some of us use STEP or Skyrim Revisited already and it's the knowledge about Modding available here as well as better facilities that make this move so agreeable

Also the new Packs will widen the Modlist on STEP and Mod Organizer is expected to become the main if not the only Mod Manager on STEP

Before the backlash to that last statement begins let me first say that is from z929669 STEP Admin himself and those who know him and how much of a Wrye Bash Supporter he is will know with how much regret he said that.

It's a very sad fact that Wrye Bash even with the very loyal and long standing support of many Morrowind, Obivion, Fallout and New Vegas Users has just not made progress with Skyrim and to my fresh eyes (I've only been modding 6 months)

the biggest mistake made was trying to remerge all the versions and make a Skyrim version at the same time. Wrye himself made them separate making it work with Skyrim first should have been the priority.

Once that was done mergiong could have been a goal but not both time has now shown that was a mistake but I'm not trying to Bash it or Wrye the Mod Maker (thats a Bashed Patch's Job) just saying it's supporters are pessimistic and understanably after so long without progress.

Enough of others we are here to support Tannin and Mod Organizer not worry what other managers are doing and when we are done neither will you !!!

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

EDIT: Found a solution with MO and WFlash.  Moderator may DELETE this post.

Hi Guys!

New Vegas+MO+Wrye Flash

So I read somewhere that Mod Organizer and Wrye Flash don't work tegether for New Vegas.

Is that true?

Let me explain:

I want to make a Bash Patch for New Vegas Through MO.  Everything is working, but when I open WF in MO, Wrye doesn't recognize my Mod Organizer Mod List to make a bash patch.

I also posted a reply https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=258&page=13 on another thread about this.

Thank You STEP Community!

Last I checked' date=' some of the tutorials did contain outdated information.[/quote']

Do you perhaps have somes examples?

And did you mean the videos or the builtin tutorial of MO?

The videos cover I believe MO 0.12.6 and a lot has happened since then (ie plugins)

I was referring to the interactive tutorials MO has integrated in itself. For example, last I checked, it still talked about being able to see files available on the Nexus in the mod Information window on the Nexus tab.

Your posts in both MO forums are valid. Both are generic threads, each with another purpose. Perhaps its even better (or best) to create a specialized thread in this forum like. Wrye Flash started by MO doesn't recognize my MO mod list". That way it doesn't get snowed under.

Anyway. I have searched the whole Nexus forum for the word 'flash' but can't find anything. From a technical point of view there should be now difference by kickstarting Wrye Bash (which works for me) or Wrye Flash. In general when a program is kickstarted by MO it gets served the virtual filing system of MO along with the MO skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini files and a few other 'virtual' files.

In this case Its best to create a 'bug report' ticket for it in the issue tracker.  That way Tannin can have a look it. He probably will ask you for additional information like the modorganizer.log files.

You can try a few things. Have you looked at the modorganizer.log files to see if the modlist file gets virtualized. Please have a look at the free commander section in the thirdy party programs of the wiki. What do see if you look at the contents of the modlist files (looks as if I have to update that section) when you look at it when FC is kickstarted by MO.  Is it the real modlist file or the one specified in your profile (see /profiles or is it something else.

I'm sorry I can't help you further but I'm not using Wrye Flash.

Perhaps other Wrye Flash users can help you furhter.

Hi Guys!

New Vegas+MO+Wrye Flash

So I read somewhere that Mod Organizer and Wrye Flash don't work tegether for New Vegas.

Is that true?

Let me explain:

I want to make a Bash Patch for New Vegas Through MO.  Everything is working, but when I open WF in MO, Wrye doesn't recognize my Mod Organizer Mod List to make a bash patch.

I also posted a reply https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=258&page=13 on another thread about this.

Thank You STEP Community!

I know that I have been able to use Wrye Flash + Fallout 3 with Mod Organizer with little trouble, but have yet to try it with New Vegas.

Anyway. I have searched the whole Nexus forum for the word 'flash' but can't find anything. From a technical point of view there should be now difference by kickstarting Wrye Bash (which works for me) or Wrye Flash. In general when a program is kickstarted by MO it gets served the virtual filing system of MO along with the MO skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini files and a few other 'virtual' files.

Wrye Flash and Wrye Bash are different. Wrye Bash only works on Oblivion and Skyrim. Wrye Flash comes in two versions: a Fallout 3 version and a Fallout New Vegas version. I have personally used Wrye Flash in conjunction with Fallout 3 in Mod Organizer with minimal problems (it complains at times because I have Mod Organizer move the bashed patch out of the overwrite folder).

Yup! My Fault! :P

Moved MO outside Fallout New Vegas Directory. Into /Fallout New Vegas Mods folder and Wrye Flash now recognizes MO mod list while running MO. About to do a bash patch on the Mods I want :P

from my understanding Fallout handles its directories differently than skyrim. and thats how I installed MO. by Locating it inside the Fallout Directory. Anyways were Good :)

Thanks A Lot Guys and Thank You STEP Community!