Base Requiem (by Smile44)

I seem to have everything up and running, patches too, all but Hard Times. I'm having a tough time troubleshooting this mod. Per my mod and load order I have no issues until I check and initiate the hard times.esp. I do have it low in the order below all the other requiem esps and before alternate start. What I get is the launch of ENB and then the skyrim emblem. It no longer spins and the menu options bottom right do not show. Out of all the problems I've encountered (and believe me they are legion) this is a new one. Either it launches or I get a quick CTD. This is new.

I just signed up for these forums to let you know that I was having the exact same problems. Like you, I narrowed it down to a problem with the hard times esp. I just downloaded and reinstalled the unofficial skyrim patch, unofficial dawnguard patch, and hard times and it seems to be working now. My guess is that the problem might have either been caused by installing an older version of the unofficial patch (I just saw that the unofficial skyrim patch was last updated on the 1st, and I think I first downloaded it before then) or due to the skyrim revisited legendary suggestion to delete the .bsl files. Hope this helps.

Edit:

Just checked, and it's not due to deleting the .bsl files. So my problem was either caused by an older unofficial patch version or some other problem that was fixed by reinstalling.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AQuintus, thanks for steering me in the right direction. I had no idea the patches I had had been updated.

Every unofficial patch I had was an older v. I'm going to assume that removing/deleting the older patch from MO and installing the new version won't create any issues with the mods I have already installed ? I'm not to well versed in file dependencies.

@AQuintus, thanks for steering me in the right direction. I had no idea the patches I had had been updated.

Every unofficial patch I had was an older v. I'm going to assume that removing/deleting the older patch from MO and installing the new version won't create any issues with the mods I have already installed ? I'm not to well versed in file dependencies.

All I did was reinstall through MO, and when the [merge][replace], etc, screen came up, I chose [replace]. As far as I know, that completely replaces the old version with the new version without affecting load order.

Wow you have done some research, Requiem does touch on many of the items in that list, it should be loaded after everything that isn't a follower mod so that it's changes are kept - you have to pout an override for all the Req esp files to sort them correctly with the exception of Alternate Start which must load after Requiem.esp.

I think it will happily overwrite GDO where it needs to and well you probably don't need most of the mods that you list above. It is recommended that you disable the compass completely and use EBQO to work out where to go. I did get the DCO Req patch from the DCO site but it seems to be missing. Having a look to check out what's afoot.

I looked into Paarthurnax and was surprised not to see it mentioned as I would have thought that this was covered by one of the very many fixes. I will perhaps ask on the Nexus forum as Ogerboss is getting questions relating to this pack so may be willing to help or shoot me.

I'm actually surprised No NPC Greetings shows no esp conflicts :)

Acquisitive Soul Gems seemed to conflict a lot btw, I removed it from my load order.

I will check for cutting room floor too when I get the time. It would be really really helpful if someone could doublecheck the list in TESVEdit, in case I missed something.

Maybe this should be a new pack thread?

I am giving Requiem a try with Step since you posted the wonderful wiki.  However, I have run into a problem.

Dual Sheath Redux Patch does not like the order that Bum has sorted. It tells me Requiem - Hearthfire.esp is missing its master Requiem.

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}

Dawnguard.esm Active

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}

HearthFires.esm Active

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active

Falskaar.esm Active

ApachiiHair.esm Active

ApachiiHairFemales.esm Active

Skyrim Project Optimization - Dawnguard.esm Active

Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes.esm Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active

SPIKE.esm Active

HighResTexturePack01.esp Active

HighResTexturePack02.esp Active

HighResTexturePack03.esp Active

Brawl Bugs CE.esp Active

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp Active

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Stats}}

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Dawnguard.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Stats}}

Better Dynamic Snow.esp Active

BWS.esp Active

Clanking Armor.esp Active

DragonShoutVoice.esp Active

IHSS.esp Active

Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp Active

randomthunder.esp Active

Thundering Shouts.esp Active

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active

TradeBarter.esp Active

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp Active

Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp Active

BirdsHFclean.esp Active

Bring Out Your Dead.esp Active

Chesko_WearableLantern.esp Active

ClamsDropPearls.esp Active

Dead Body Collision.esp Active

Dual Sheath Redux.esp Active

Requires: Java Runtime Environment 7 update 17+

fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp Active

manny Lantern Caretakers.esp Active

More Salt Please.esp Active

Moss Rocks.esp Active

ORM-Arvak.esp Active

Point The Way.esp Active

ShootingStars.esp Active

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active

Traps Make Noise.esp Active

RaceMenu.esp Active

RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active

Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.

SkyUI.esp Active

Armored Circlets.esp Active

Bouncy-Bodices-Booties-Belts-Stockings.esp Active

ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp Active

imp_helm.esp Active

imp_helm_imp.esp Active

imp_helm_dawn.esp Active

InigoPerkPointGiver.esp Active

isilNarsil.esp Active

MashupUNP.esp Active

Requiem - Potions Weight.esp Active

Requiem - HearthFires.esp Active

Requiem - Falskaar.esp Active

Requiem - USKP Patch.esp Active

REQ - BCS Patch.esp Active

Gildergreen Regrown.esp Active

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp Active

Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp Active

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives-BSaQBPatch.esp Active

Requires: Better Skill and Quest Books Names

BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp Active

Book Covers Skyrim.esp Active

Book Covers Dawnguard.esp Active

Book Covers Hearthfire.esp Active

BCS - BSQBN Patch DG.esp Active

Distant DetailHF.esp Active

DiversePriests.esp Active

DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp Active

dynamic fires.esp Active

FSS-No pause between lines.esp Active

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp Active

Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.

WeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.esp Active

masser Size x0.5.esp Active

dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp Active

SkyFalls - Distant Waterfall Overhaul.esp Active

SkyFalls - Dawnguard Edition.esp Active

SkyMills - Animated Distant Mills.esp Active

secunda Size x0.5.esp Active

Convenient Horses.esp Active

Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.

Thieves Guild Requirements.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp Active

UnreadBooksGlow.esp Active

aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp Active

WeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp Active

Requiem.esp Active

Note: Requiem makes a LOT of changes. You may want to consider creating and using a Userlist based on your particular mod loadout.

Requiem - Resources.esp Active

ACE BYOG.esp Active

ACE BYOG - Jump Height u300.esp Active

Note: Use only one ACE BYOG Jump Height*esp.

ACE BYOG - Starting Skills 20.esp Active

Note: Use only one ACE BYOG Starting Skills*esp.

Enhanced Soul Trap.esp Active

dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp Active

Beards.esp Active

Brows.esp Active

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Active

3DNPC.esp Active

Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp Active

EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp Active

Follower Trap Safety.esp Active

moveitLWT.esp Active

NonEssentialChildren.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}

BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp Active

AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp Active

AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives-AFTPatch.esp Active

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active

BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp Active

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp Active

Note: If this is not newer than v1.3, update to the latest version.

ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp Active

EEO Morphs.esp Active

DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp Active

WATER.esp Active

WATER Plants.esp Active

WATER DG.esp Active

WATER Falskaar.esp Active

Atlas Map Markers.esp Active

Atlas Blackreach.esp Active

Atlas Dawnguard.esp Active

Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp Active

AFT_iNPCFix.esp Active

DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp Active

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp Active

You need to use BUM to sort all requiem patches after Requiem resources.esp which itself should be after Requiem.esp. Also get rid of ACE jump height and starting skills as you can adjust jump height in the MCM menu in Requiem and Requiem also comes with some optional files which adjust your starting skills. I would not advise ACE BYOG full stop. It does work but is unnecessary as you can adjust most of those things in the Requiem MCM or using the console commands in game.

EBQO has a Requiem patch which you will need.

Load order should be:

Everything including quests equipment, weapons and armour.

Requiem.esp Active

Requiem - Resources.esp

Requiem - Potions Weight.esp

Requiem - HearthFires.esp

Requiem - Falskaar.esp

REQ - BCS Patch.esp

EBQO - REQ Patch (not the name but you know what I mean)

Follower mods etc.. including Alternate Start.esp

Requiem - USKP Patch.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

Your Bashed Patch should be active should it not?

Try those adjustments and let me know how it goes.

:)

Ok I will get rid of BYOG, and yes, the Bash Patch will be active but I have not even tried to play yet, It too me 2 hrs to figure out how to use BUM to make the exception rules. I followed your post to the letter yet still it would not work. I finally figured out I had to not only tell BUM what the rule was but also physically move the esp I was making the rule for into the right position. As far as the EBQO - REQ Patch, The only patches are listed under OLD. You recomend I use one of those? And if so which one? Or is there somewhere else to get it?

Yes check out SR:LE and look at the instructions it is how I and many others started to get the hang of all the tools. You have the Requiem.esp and Requiem resources.esp in about the right place, could be lower now you need to search the requiem patches in the right hand window of BUM then right click it and choose override, it will then appear in the top left window. Select "after" then type in Requiem Resources.esp and save. Repeat this for all the other Requiem patches (you will need to move each subsequent ESP file lower than the one you are tagging it to be after in the left hand pane or you will get a self explanatory error message). Once you have done this run Boss from the BUM control bar and they should then line up fine. Run Wrye Bash to get your Bashed patch and activate it finally run DSR.

I will review my instructions on the wiki, I could perhaps add links to the relevant guides. I always tend to assume that anyone who has followed the STEP guide has a working knowledge of the tools needed, but that said there is no requirement to use BUM in Step so perhaps I should work out some clear steps and add them to my guide for using BUM etc.. These already exist though so it would be reinventing the wheel a tad. Tis something to look into.

I hope this helps,

:)

P.S. the EBQO patch comes with the EBQO mod you just need to select it in the installer, I'm not using that at present so the name I quoted for the patch is not correct as I stated on the post, I can't remember the proper name but it will very likely be the same s all the other EBQO patches except having Requiem at the end.

Yeah, I got how to create the overides. I just did not know about having to physically move the esp in the left pane to the correct position. I assumed the program to be smart enough to figure out that if I told it to put it after xmod.esp it would do so. NOT! So live and learn. I had created another patch rule for (Insert name here-Mod) and so had no reason to look into it further. I tend to explore till I run into an obstical then look for help. In this case I did not know where to turn. So I took the easy path and asked you.

phazer11 posted; "You should have tried the instructions in Neovalen's guide.", just prior to your post. So I assume SR:LE stands for Skyrim Revisited:{Insert some name here}. I will browse the googled page for more information and try to find a link to LE. As well as buffing my general modding knowledge. Thank you for your guidence and lengthy explinations. I totaly do not feel I missed anything from them.

You advise putting Requiem even lower than it sits as BUM/Boss sorted it. How would I go about that? Other than starting with Requiem.esp / Overide / after / Xmod? Then Requiem - Resources.esp / Overide / after / Requiem.esp ({[ And so on, and so on]}) I may find the answer on the SR page I have now linked but thought I would ask just to get a second opinion. Thanks again.

Basically Requiem needs to be after everything but follower mods, Alternate Start, Atlas Maps can follow. So yes you would need to do the overrides as you described. I would also put the USKP last in that load order.

SR:LE is for Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition and you can link to it from Neovalen's post signature.

;)