Survival (by Smile44)

Yikes, you're not wrong. I should point out that I was meaning that in jest (sometimes I forget that I'm new to a forum), and besides, the LL threads on the subject include phrases such as "poop mesh" :(. Perhaps an additional little colon-widget for iNeed would suffice, that turns red when critical mass has been reached...

Anyway, I'll move along.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't currently have the option of crafting any assorted buckles; as I understand it I just need some steel ingots and a forge (should be listed under 'misc'). Are there any other pre-requisites to crafting the buckles that I may be missing?

All other items appear in the relevant crafting menus as expected. I'm using the Bandolier mod in conjunction with CCO, the plugins have removed as instructed.

Edited by Quinnbeast
  • 4 months later...

Cloaks of Skyrim: Am I right in thinking that the instruction to install an extra plugin for CCO is old and not necessary for someone with a fresh STEP 2.2.9.2 installation? Same with "Winter is Coming"?

Frostfall: I seem to recall some of the mods in STEP (either Core or Extended, don't recall which) that had compatibility patches that are not installed with STEP: Extended... but I don't recall which. Is there anything else that needs to be done to make this work correctly?

Hunterborn: The installer lists a Frostfall patch, but it's grayed out. Is this okay?

iNeed: Deadly diseases recommended? I'm going to try it out.

Traps Make Noise: STEP: Extended has me install "Traps Make Noise". Survival has me install "Traps Make Noise And Are Dangerous". I am guessing that the trick to this is to install the second mod under a different name than the first (do not merge).

Patch At Bottom: Is this current? Is this necessary? It makes me uneasy, for some reason.

Edited by Tarvok

Cloaks of Skyrim: Am I right in thinking that the instruction to install an extra plugin for CCO is old and not necessary for someone with a fresh STEP 2.2.9.2 installation? Same with "Winter is Coming"?

Frostfall: I seem to recall some of the mods in STEP (either Core or Extended, don't recall which) that had compatibility patches that are not installed with STEP: Extended... but I don't recall which. Is there anything else that needs to be done to make this work correctly?

Hunterborn: The installer lists a Frostfall patch, but it's grayed out. Is this okay?

iNeed: Deadly diseases recommended? I'm going to try it out.

Traps Make Noise: STEP: Extended has me install "Traps Make Noise". Survival has me install "Traps Make Noise And Are Dangerous". I am guessing that the trick to this is to install the second mod under a different name than the first (do not merge).

Patch At Bottom: Is this current? Is this necessary? It makes me uneasy, for some reason.

Smile44 is not very active atm I believe, but he has given me permission to keep this pack updated.

Cloaks of Skyrim/Winter is coming:

As it says in the description: Users of Complete Crafting Overhaul 1.7 doesn't need any other plugin than the main plugin from Complete Crafting Overhaul. This means you should hide/delete all plugins from CoS/WiC.

Frostfall: I don't believe any patches are needed.

Hunterborn: The frostfall patch is for an old version. The Hunterborn - Campfire patch that is in the pack fixes all conflicts between Campfire/Frostfall/Hunterborn.

iNeed: Dangerous diseases used to be incompatible with Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul. I don't know if it still is. If you use CACO, check that they are compatible first.

Traps make noise: Disable the mod from STEP and install this with a different name. The STEP version is included in the Survival pack recommended version.

Patch at the bottom: I'm keeping the patch updated so it is safe to use.

I'm getting a CTD at the Riverwood Trader (when Lucan's inventory opens). I have also gotten a CTD at the alchemist's shop in Whiterun, but I haven't tested that since my last attempt at re-installing. I'm not getting this CTD with my STEP: Extended profile, so I'm assuming something in one of these mods is causing it.

I'll test later, but I'm burned out on the cart ride, atm. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas what might be causing it?

I'm getting a CTD at the Riverwood Trader (when Lucan's inventory opens). I have also gotten a CTD at the alchemist's shop in Whiterun, but I haven't tested that since my last attempt at re-installing. I'm not getting this CTD with my STEP: Extended profile, so I'm assuming something in one of these mods is causing it.

I'll test later, but I'm burned out on the cart ride, atm. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas what might be causing it?

maybe you're missing something in the plugin..try and check for errors in tes5edit

Good to know, I'll add it to the Survival pack.

Teabag86 is working on Hunterborn 1.5 which will include the campfire patch and any other patches made so the Hunterborn - Campfire patch will not be needed upon release of 1.5 whenever that is.

Thanks for the info, I'll update the pack one Hunterborn 1.5 is released.

I haven't experienced this. Either something went wrong with the bashed patch, try deselcting it and start the game. It can be any mod that adds items, try deslecting mods from the pack. This is unlikely though since other people use these mods without any problem. You should probably check your SkyUI install too and check that the memory patch is working.

Hi there.  I installed the Survial pack on top of STEP extended minus the Hunterborn and Hunterborn Camfpfire patch. After running the game, everything seems fine as far as I can tell without really playing it yet however, in mod organizer, the override is an SKSE folder, CampfireData with 2 files profile1.json and common.json

I have no idea what this means but does this mean I have a issue with the way I installed it? Thx

Hi there. I installed the Survial pack on top of STEP extended minus the Hunterborn and Hunterborn Camfpfire patch. After running the game, everything seems fine as far as I can tell without really playing it yet however, in mod organizer, the override is an SKSE folder, CampfireData with 2 files profile1.json and common.json

I have no idea what this means but does this mean I have a issue with the way I installed it? Thx

Campfire and/or Frostfall generates some files during gameplay and these are placed in the overwrite. Right click overwrite and choose to create a new mod. Name the mod Campfire output. The next time you run the game, Campfire/Frostfall uses the files from Campfire output and your overwrite will stay empty. Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

Somehow, I think it's Deadly Diseases that is wreaking my game. I reinstalled iNeed without Deadly Diseases, and now I'm not getting the CTD I was getting earlier.

Kind of a shame. I really like Deadly Diseases... but at least I've finally got a game going with Frostfall and iNeed again.

Edited by Tarvok

Somehow, I think it's Deadly Diseases that is wreaking my game. I reinstalled iNeed without Deadly Diseases, and now I'm not getting the CTD I was getting earlier.

Kind of a shame. I really like Deadly Diseases... but at least I've finally got a game going with Frostfall and iNeed again.

I use deadly diseases and it works fine for me.

• 1 month later...