Survival (by Smile44)

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! I am near completing the modding portion of STEP Core and Extended, and I am planning on installing Survival Pack, CACO, and a couple other mods from recommendations in my thread here.  I am just entering section 2M of the STEP guide, and I have a couple questions and revelations concerning using the Survival Pack.

1. I know that STEP Packs are listed at the end of the guide, but when I perused the forums many recommend installing Packs after 2N and even a few have said after 2M.  What do you recommend for Survival Pack?
  2. I was surprised to see CACO discussed here on this thread, because I don't see it in the Pack.  Are you going to add it?  Do you have any instructions I can follow to get it to work with STEP Core & Extended + Survival now?  I so want this to work...
  3. As I discovered in the thread linked above, there is apparently a patch between iNeed and Realistic Water Two from STEP Core, but it is made for update in SSE nexus page only found here (scroll down and see Compatibility section).  Does your Survival Patch remove the need for this RTW - iNeed patch?  Do you think we can steal the plugin?  Or it it not necessary at all?

Thanks in advance for any help.  I hope this is not considered hijacking the thread, I figured this questions could help any reader.  If you want me delete and post a separate thread, let me know!

Hi everyone! I am near completing the modding portion of STEP Core and Extended, and I am planning on installing Survival Pack, CACO, and a couple other mods from recommendations in my thread here.  I am just entering section 2M of the STEP guide, and I have a couple questions and revelations concerning using the Survival Pack.

1. I know that STEP Packs are listed at the end of the guide, but when I perused the forums many recommend installing Packs after 2N and even a few have said after 2M.  What do you recommend for Survival Pack?
  2. I was surprised to see CACO discussed here on this thread, because I don't see it in the Pack.  Are you going to add it?  Do you have any instructions I can follow to get it to work with STEP Core & Extended + Survival now?  I so want this to work...
  3. As I discovered in the thread linked above, there is apparently a patch between iNeed and Realistic Water Two from STEP Core, but it is made for update in SSE nexus page only found here (scroll down and see Compatibility section).  Does your Survival Patch remove the need for this RTW - iNeed patch?  Do you think we can steal the plugin?  Or it it not necessary at all?

Thanks in advance for any help.  I hope this is not considered hijacking the thread, I figured this questions could help any reader.  If you want me delete and post a separate thread, let me know

1. It doesn't really matter with this pack, but to be safe, install it after the STEP compilation in 2N to make sure it overwrites textures in STEP compilation.

2. I have CACO in another pack, it won't be included here. My packs are slightly outdated and the next version of them will be for SE. The patch for this pack is very basic and everything works as intended. If you wan to add CACO, use these patches:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77126/?

3. My patch doesn't fix any issues between RWT and iNeed. I think you can fill your water pouches from water, you can in cities at least. Not a big deal imo, just roleplay and pretend that lake water isn't drinkable if it doesn't work. Realistic if you ask me. It's probably very easy to convert that patch to work with original Skyrim, I don't have time to do it atm and I don't have the original Skyrim installed.

And to answer your question from the pm, I didn't make this pack. I had a survival pack but decided to remove it in favour of this one because mine was redundant. I made a patch for this pack instead and got permissions to keep it up to date.