VEGA Core: Vanilla Enhanced Gameplay Alternative (by Nearox)

1.I would also like to see Improved sneak detection in the list. It seems pretty interesting and Gopher uses it without problems so far.

2.Another mod that I suggest is Obis.

3.Can we use the other two versions of Enemy AI OverHaul---Revenge Of the Enemies---No Scripts Version or will there be any incompatibilities?

Look at this: https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:VEGA_Extended

The latter 2 mods are already in VEGA Extended, and I'm sure we can add Improved Sneak Detection ourselves to see how well it works.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added Improved Sneak Detection for testing purposes to Extended. No guarantees it will survive the alpha stage. Thank you both for the suggestion though.

OBIS is possibly too dense and intense for VEGA Core. After all, it is supposed to be a more basic gameplay overhaul for STEP:Core users. I want to keep in a substantial distinction between VEGA Core and Extended. I'm pretty sure with some patching that OBIS will run nice with VEGA Core, but I have yet to decide whether this will be an appropriate mod for the group of Core users. While the Skyrim engine can take it not everyone's hardware is able to rake in the extra load that comes with big bandit battles and raids. I'm testing it for Extended, so when it works out well 'll consider it for Core as well, so thanks again for the suggestion.

With regards to Enemy AI: The other versions add rather unrealistic perks, racials and overall strength to bandits and some other NPCs which in my opinion don't fit in well with the character of the game. I don't know if you can use them: the patch I made has added and removed many perks and spells from NPCs and was designed for the slight version. If you use any of the other versions then the spells and perks they add will probably not be affected by the patch - depending on whether the author replaced exisitng or added new relevant records. There are no scripts involved so you can freely try them out without risking save-game corruption. 

I added Improved Sneak Detection for testing purposes to Extended. No guarantees it will survive the alpha stage. Thank you both for the suggestion though.

OBIS is possibly too dense and intense for VEGA Core. After all, it is supposed to be a more basic gameplay overhaul for STEP:Core users. I want to keep in a substantial distinction between VEGA Core and Extended. I'm pretty sure with some patching that OBIS will run nice with VEGA Core, but I have yet to decide whether this will be an appropriate mod for the group of Core users. While the Skyrim engine can take it not everyone's hardware is able to rake in the extra load that comes with big bandit battles and raids. I'm testing it for Extended, so when it works out well 'll consider it for Core as well, so thanks again for the suggestion.

With regards to Enemy AI: The other versions add rather unrealistic perks, racials and overall strength to bandits and some other NPCs which in my opinion don't fit in well with the character of the game. I don't know if you can use them: the patch I made has added and removed many perks and spells from NPCs and was designed for the slight version. If you use any of the other versions then the spells and perks they add will probably not be affected by the patch - depending on whether the author replaced exisitng or added new relevant records. There are no scripts involved so you can freely try them out without risking save-game corruption. 

OK, thanks for the quick reply. I imagine the pack is compatible with ASIS.
OK' date=' thanks for the quick reply. I imagine the pack is compatible with ASIS.[/quote']

ASIS is compatible with a ton of mods, and surely with the mods in this pack. The real question is if it plays nice with this setup. My answer to that is: ASIS can work well in some situations. But more often than not, I found it to be the instigator of freezes and/or crashes. Try it at will, but the last mod I'll extend support to is ASIS. Nothing personal against it, just that I consider it too high of a risk factor for any large modded skyrim. Don't forget, this VEGA core pack is not light at all on the skyrim engine, even though the amount of mods is small. 

OK' date=' thanks for the quick reply. I imagine the pack is compatible with ASIS.[/quote']

ASIS is compatible with a ton of mods' date=' and surely with the mods in this pack. The real question is if it plays nice with this setup. My answer to that is: ASIS can work well in some situations. But more often than not, I found it to be the instigator of freezes and/or crashes. Try it at will, but the last mod I'll extend support to is ASIS. Nothing personal against it, just that I consider it too high of a risk factor for any large modded skyrim. Don't forget, this VEGA core pack is not light at all on the skyrim engine, even though the amount of mods is small. [/quote']

I'll only use the automatic perks and potions options so I don't think there'll be a prob.

Update: In collaboration with rootsrat, there will be an extensively revised and enhanced SkyRe - RotE patch. If you are already playing, continue to do so. You will be able to safely update with the new patch.

The patch will have near-to-100% accurate skyre scaling + all the spell/perk goodies of RotE. In general, epect the game to become a bit harder than with the current patch. 

Update: In collaboration with rootsrat, there will be an extensively revised and enhanced SkyRe - RotE patch. If you are already playing, continue to do so. You will be able to safely update with the new patch.

The patch will have near-to-100% accurate skyre scaling + all the spell/perk goodies of RotE. In general, epect the game to become a bit harder than with the current patch. 

That's really great!! One question that I have also asked qotsafan but hasn't replied yet. Shouldn't SkyRe be compatible with the unofficial patches?

SkyRe was compatible with USKP 1.3.3c and it also is with USKP 2.0. The main issues that need patching are deadbodycleanupscripts, references to correct meshes/textures for some actors and a few perks need smaal adjustments. Nothing gamebreaking and stuff you probably won't even notice while playing. 

Once the SkyRe-RotE patching is done, I'll also include the USKP 2.0 changes.

Thanks for the heads up hellanios. The only major issue with the unofficial skyre patch and UP 2.0 is that circlets become transparent and that you can equip multiple. But I know that improved closeface dguards helmets also touches circlet records. 

As I'm working with rootsrat on the new patch, it's better for you to not apply that update atm. Once the SkyRe-RotE patch is done, I'll merge it in a big patch which has all the USKP 2.0 changes. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.