Experimenting with MO styles....

DoubleYou

Question

12 answers to this question

I would suggest changing the blue color to something else that contrasts better like say... idk a medium peach (if you're trying for more of a pastel look which is what it looks like). Though personally I don't like it, it looks too much like an old film negative and would probably make me think there is something wrong with my computer or my eyes.

that actually doesn't look too bad if i'm seeing it correctly. a nice medium between default (too bright/white for some) and dark (too dark for others)

i'm kinda curious how you're making those styles, didn't realize that was something we could play with. it's pulling at my artistic strings.

I would suggest changing the blue color to something else that contrasts better like say... idk a medium peach (if you're trying for more of a pastel look which is what it looks like). Though personally I don't like it' date=' it looks too much like an old film negative and would probably make me think there is something wrong with my computer or my eyes.[/quote']

Like this?

Posted Image

that actually doesn't look too bad if i'm seeing it correctly. a nice medium between default (too bright/white for some) and dark (too dark for others)

i'm kinda curious how you're making those styles' date=' didn't realize that was something we could play with. it's pulling at my artistic strings.[/quote']

Creating a new qss file in the stylesheets folder and then editing it. It's very similar to CSS, which I've worked with some. I tried getting a background image to work, but can't quite figure it out yet, as I don't know where to point.

It's rather simple. You'll see code like this:

whateverElementThisIsAffecting
{
background-color: #123456;
}
Just replace the #123456 with any color from here:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp

Then save, and you'll see that element change color.

The gradients are more difficult. You'll see something like this:

qThisElementHasGradient
{
background-color: QLinearGradient(x1:0, y1:0, x2:0, y2:1,
                           stop:0 #919598, stop:0.5 #757676, stop:1 #919598);
}

All the #919598 type stuff, replace with other colors like above. Fiddle with the numbers to change how the gradient is applied. Or you can remove the gradient and stick with plain colors.

I would suggest changing the blue color to something else that contrasts better like say... idk a medium peach (if you're trying for more of a pastel look which is what it looks like). Though personally I don't like it' date=' it looks too much like an old film negative and would probably make me think there is something wrong with my computer or my eyes.[/quote']

Like this?

No though I wouldn't say that the peach in the gradient isn't slightly better. I was talking about replacing the light blue in the blank space by the icons.

Posted Image

I might say a slightly darker peach but something like that. IDK I'd really have to look at it I'm working on my website for class right now so I can't right now but something along those lines,when in doubt try complementary colours.

Tannin Made the User Interface Using

Qt Libraries v4.8.5 for Windows (VS 2010)

His Build ReadMe on

Mod Organizer / Code / [36f8ab] @ SourceForge.net

States

HOW TO BUILD

============

Requirements:

-------------

Visual C++ compiler 2010 (VC 10.0) or up

- Included in visual c++ express 2010 or windows sdk 7.0

QtSDK 4.8.x (https://qt-project.org/downloads)

- Qt5 is not yet supported but WIP

- Install according to instruction

boost libraries (https://www.boost.org/)

- Compile according to their instructions (using vc++)

- As of time of writing boost_thread is the only compiled boost library used, you can

disable the others to safe yourself the compile time

zlib (https://www.zlib.net/)

- Compile static library according to their instructions

- You should have a "zlibstatic.lib" under "build" afterwards

7z.dll (https://www.7-zip.org/download.html)

- Part of the 7-zip program

- Has to be the 32-bit dll! (approx. 893kb)

Recommended:

------------

Qt Creator

- Included in QtSDK but there might be a newer version as a separate download

Set up (using Qt Creator):

--------------------------

1. Using Qt Creator open source/ModOrganizer.pro from your working copy

2. Open the "Projects" tab, open the "Details" for "Build Environment"

3. Click "Add" to add a variable called "BOOSTPATH" with the path of your boost installation as the value (i.e. C:\code\boost_1_52_0)

4. Click "Add" to add a variable called "ZLIBPATH" with the path of your zlib installation as the value (i.e. C:\code\zlib-1.2.7)

5. Switch the build configuration at the very top of the same page from "debug" to "release" (or vice versa) and repeat steps 3 and 4

6. Compile the configuration(s) you want to use (debug and/or release) (Build All). This should compile correctly.

7. return to the "projects" tab and switch to "Run Settings"

For Release build:

8r. Add a "Run configuration" that points to \output\ModOrganizer.exe

9r. Copy "7z.dll" to \output\dlls

10r. From QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.0\msvc2010\bin copy the following files to \output\dlls: QtCore4.dll, QtDeclarative4.dll, QtGui4.dll, QtNetwork4.dll, QtScript4.dll, QtSql4.dll, QtWebkit4.dll, QtXml4.dll, QtXmlPatterns4.dll

For Debug build:

8d. Add a "Run configuration" that points to \outputd\ModOrganizer.exe

9d. Copy "7z.dll" to \outputd\dlls

10d. From QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.0\msvc2010\bin copy the following files to \outputd\dlls: QtCored4.dll, QtDeclaratived4.dll, QtGuid4.dll, QtNetworkd4.dll, QtScriptd4.dll, QtSqld4.dll, QtWebkitd4.dll, QtXmld4.dll, QtXmlPatternsd4.dll

Now you should be able to compile and run Mod Organizer.

Please note that when you change anything apart from the "organizer" subproject, qt creator may not pick up on the changes

and not recompile the modified subproject. the "organizer" project on the other hand is always re-linked. If anyone knowledgeable enough with qmake

can fix that that would be awesome.

Set up (without Qt Creator):

----------------------------

1. open a command line shell and navigate to \source

2. run "qmake -tp vc" to create a visual c++ solution

3. Open that solution

4. - 98. A miracle happens

99. You can now compile MO using VC

I'm not using this workflow so I can't give more detailed instructions.

Please note that the primary project format of MO remains qmake, if you work with visual studio and make changes to the project (like adding

source files) you have to manually transfer those changes to the .pro file.

and if you look inside DLLs folder of Mod Organizer you will see all current Qt DLL's are v4.8.4

As well as the Dark.QSS file in Stylesheets folder being a text file that is reasonably simple to edit and basically a renamed CSS file

In the Tutorials folder you will find JavaScript Files [.JS] which are Text Files commonly used in WebPages as are CSS files

Also There are QML Files [.QML] which and I'm making an educated guess based on obvious simalarities to XML and HTML also WebPage Files

My guess is Qt Markup Language and these are Text Files

which Qt website describes as

QML Application Developer Resources

QML is a declarative language that allows user interfaces to be described in terms of their visual components and how they interact and relate with one another. It is a highly readable language that was designed to enable components to be interconnected in a dynamic manner, and it allows components to be easily reused and customized within a user interface. Using the QtQuick module, designers and developers can easily build fluid animated user interfaces in QML, and have the option of connecting these user interfaces to any back-end C++ libraries.

Before Forum Move took over all my Time and Priority

I did some experimenting with the Tutorial Text Files

The basics are straight forward (If you've watched Tutorials this will make more sense)

QML Files make the Boxes that contain tutorials text and also the red outline boxes used to to highlight the current subjest of the Text

JavaScript Files create the Tutorial Text

That is basically all there is to it

It's very much like how a web Page is made

the complexity of Web Pages is in the interactions of the Text Files which are programs written in is a language

The Whole Mod Organizer Interface is Complex

Whereas the Stylesheet DoubleYou is manipulating and the Tutorials I've just described are much easier to understand and change than the entire UI (User Interface)

Still a program like the code used on this (Source above shows code)

[b]Qt Markup Language[/b]

on here that does

Qt Markup Language

makes text bold easy when you know and

[b][color=#ff0000]Qt Markup Language[/color][/b]
or
[color=#ff0000][b]Qt Markup Language[/b][/color]

does

Qt Markup Language

See its easy (even easier with buttons above so on here why bother using manual way)

final tip you can do but no button for so this has to be done manually

[spoiler]Spoiler tags hides anything that is between them[/spoiler]

Like this

Spoiler tags hides anything that is between them

If you play around use a new version of Mod Organizer not your game Version leave that alone and you wont break it you can have many versions at once just don't mix them up