8 replies to this topic

#1 deathneko11

deathneko11

Southern Otaku

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

Well?  What do yall think?  I would appreciate any sort of feedback you can provide for me.  I will open up some topic specific threads, but for now go ahead and throw at me anything you can.

#2 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Link your youtube account too so people can just go watch all videos on loop. Otherwise it looks good, nice work on the videos, they really helped me when I switched from WB to MO.

#3 Uhuru

Uhuru

Mod Organizer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Just wondering is that as big as the embedded videos can be if it is fine most may full screen them but that stops running Mod Organizer with videos and following guide Which may be of some help to new users with early ones especially as layout though still similar is not quite the same

#4 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

Just wondering is that as big as the embedded videos can be if it is fine most may full screen them but that stops running Mod Organizer with videos and following guide
Which may be of some help to new users with early ones especially as layout though still similar is not quite the same

That is the largest the embeded video can be in this forum.

#5 Uhuru

Uhuru

Mod Organizer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

Thought it would be It is YouTube not having windowed videos that is real problem

#6 deathneko11

deathneko11

Southern Otaku

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

[quote name=''EssArrBee' pid='54623' dateline='1382540101']Link your youtube account too so people can just go watch all videos on loop. Otherwise it looks good' date=' nice work on the videos, they really helped me when I switched from WB to MO.[/quote']
I plan on doing more work here in the near future, and I need to make a playlist for all of my MO related videos on youtube.  There will be more to come here, thanks for the suggestion.

#7 Uhuru

Uhuru

Mod Organizer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Suggestion
There are one or two other videos that give good begginers advice know they are not your work but would be good to have them here also as I've always found no matter how good my core advice is
John understood when I said it This Way
Jim only got the idea when I said it That Way

More ways we say it the more people will understand, I don't think of it as ones better than the other just as the whole is greater than the separate parts.

#8 Scafremon

Scafremon

Prisoner

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

Deathneko11:

I think we could use a video tutorial on ReProccer and Mod Organizer. I believe a lot of people are starting to do things they had not done before, such as using Wrye Bash, as part of the STEP install.  Then, we think we know what is going on, until we start doing Reproccer stuff. I could not find a good tutorial  on Reproccer using MO.

If you have the time, it would be well received I think.

Thanks!

#9 gurugeorge

gurugeorge

Prisoner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

Great work you're doing here!  The more people know about MO and find a way to using it easily, the better.  And as someone else said here, redundancy is the great thing, and I like that you have a bit of that in the videos.  With good programs, there are lots of ways of doing a thing, and a person can find the way they like (e.g. shortcuts vs. mouseclicking).  That sort of thing (showing the alternative ways of doing things) is good to have so you "catch" more people.

Personally, I'd like to see something dealing with proper use of Overflow, when to make a mod from the Overflow, etc.  While MO is tremendously powerful, and gets around the "Waaah, I've broken Skyrim by modding, now I can't play it any more" thing, precisely because of its power you tend to start stretching the boundaries of what you can do (which are waaaay beyond what you could ever have done with NMM or manual installing), and at that point, MO also has its own potential pitfalls you have to watch out for down the line (e.g. FNIS, quirks with execuables, Skyproc, etc.), especially when you start to get Profiles with wildly different setups (e.g. a STEP setup versus a Reqiuem setup).  Some more "advanced" stuff on how to handle that sort of situation, be able to switch between such wildly different profiles smoothly, and not get oneself in knots, would also be cool.  i.e., a section on "Power Using" would be a good thing to have too.

Edited by gurugeorge, 07 September 2014 - 03:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users