bugfixes for underwater and grass when using fake "ENB" videocard

(temporary required for ATI users). New shadow at this moment only

working on NVidia cards, sorry, find out this only today. Added bugfix

for parallax modifications.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I found the reason, it appears ENB 0.110 forces AA to off.

Evidence (look at the bars in the "windows" above the gate):

Without ENB (as in d3d9.dll renamed so it doesn't load at all, simply turning it off via Shift+F12 still leaves AA not working and textures shimmering): https://i.imgur.com/lUDzX.jpg

With ENB active: https://i.imgur.com/kotZV.jpg

Posted this on ENB forums aswell so Boris can look at it. I believe he plays without AA as there were some issues with it in 0.109 early beta too before people pointed it out to him and he tested with AA enabled.

RCRN 2.1 doesn't use ENB at all. You can use them together however.

To ONLY use the new shadows:

Download 0.110 and put it in your Skyrim root.

Delete enbeffectprepass.fx, enbeffect.fx, and enbbloom.fx

Under effect, use these values:

[EFFECT]

UseOriginalPostProcessing=true (This can be set to false aswell if you prefer)

EnableBloom=false

EnableAdaptation=false

EnableAmbientOcclusion=false

EnableDepthOfField=false

EnableDetailedShadow=true

Think I found the reason, it appears ENB 0.110 forces AA to off.

Evidence (look at the bars in the "windows" above the gate):

Without ENB (as in d3d9.dll renamed so it doesn't load at all, simply turning it off via Shift+F12 still leaves AA not working and textures shimmering): https://i.imgur.com/lUDzX.jpg

Posted this on ENB forums aswell so Boris can look at it. I believe he plays without AA as there were some issues with it in 0.109 early beta too before people pointed it out to him and he tested with AA enabled.

I hadn't even thought that it could be ENB, but I remember thinking to myself, "This looks like my AA settings aren't being applied". I even double checked my values a couple times. Good catch. It's also very noticeable when moving and looking at bars and other small structures outside of Whiterun. A lot of waviness from bars and slats in guard towers, along with jaggies.

Think I found the reason, it appears ENB 0.110 forces AA to off.Evidence (look at the bars in the "windows" above the gate):

I hadn't even thought that it could be ENB, but I remember thinking to myself, "This looks like my AA settings aren't being applied". I even double checked my values a couple times. Good catch. It's also very noticeable when moving and looking at bars and other small structures outside of Whiterun. A lot of waviness from bars and slats in guard towers, along with jaggies.

Yes indeed, when moving it is VERY noticeable, but I chose that area for the screenshot since it can be hard to capture on a static screenshot in many locations. :) Might be helpful if you posted aswell on the ENBforums about this as it seems I'm the only reporting this issue for some strange reason.

Yes indeed' date=' when moving it is VERY noticeable, but I chose that area for the screenshot since it can be hard to capture on a static screenshot in many locations. :) Might be helpful if you posted aswell on the ENBforums about this as it seems I'm the only reporting this issue for some strange reason.[/quote']I saw his response where he said AA isn't being touched, along with some other suggestions. I currently only have 5 mods installed. Only thing I can think of right now is maybe a conflict with RCRN. Will disable that and try again.

Added a post on ENBforums as well.

UPDATE: Definitely not RCRN. Uninstalled it and still the same result.

Boris added an update. I believe I'm seeing a slight improvement, but not entirely sure. Interested to hear if you notice any improvement Vond.

Problem is still there though. Tried both the injector and wrapper version, and even resorted to the default enbseries.ini and disabled everything except shadows. Then disabled shadows thinking it might be the cause, but still same result.

Do you have AA set with the nvidia inspector? ENB shouldn't be able to override that, I can't even run AA so I'm a useless tester :(

Yes, I have it enabled in SkyrimPrefs.ini and "Enhancing the image" via NVIDIA Inspector. Edit: Tried it without enhancing via inspector too and didn't help any so it's not inspector breaking it with the latest version, just for the record.

Edit2: Also tried to Override via inspector rather than Enhance, and still no cigar.