Introduce Yourself!

deathneko11

• 3 months later...

Well , i might be a bit tad late but here it is anyway;

My name is Bircan and im from Turkey,26 years old ,graduated from university in graphic design major a year ago, currently running away from jobs because of the last one ending in failure, taking care of my alzheimer inflicted mother, broke up with my gf, having to deal with my bestfriend ever since he tried to suicide by starving and dehydreting himself to death, and having to deal with this topic that everyone around me seems to be a professor of about the new Sultan of ours because he is taking our freedom away BUT i know it could have been MUCH worse.Too much detail?At this point i really dont care.Sorry about the bad mood i just inflicted upon you.

LOL so as you can see the reason im here is simply to escape from my reality and just like the next man i find it easier to escape from it rather then try to fix it that is at least for now till i find the courage to move on.So here i am escaping from my reality by doing what has been part of my life ever since i have known myself : Games.

I played and finished skyrim when it first came out and done literally everything in it which explain that i fell in love with it.But after i finished the game just like every normal pc user i had the urge to delve in to the mods.However i found the time to be too early and decided to wait and it has been years.

Now i found myself in this site, well i was actually checking out the state of Step along the way and decided to wait a bit more and more but enough is enough and i say the wait is over.So there i was a month ago installing my first Step Extended but of course i wasn't satisfied (simply because i didn't understand the concept of 'a core setup for future mods' and tried SRLE and after that SRLE Extended and right now i am trying do my own setup and as i said 'trying'.

Right now i am having difficulty trying to get the mods that i want and making sure of having all compatiblity patches for them.(which is i must say a really dounting task considering the amount of mods out there that i want) 

Another thing being since i am very inexperienced i really don't know how i am going to approach doing my own resolution patch...even after watching all of their videos and reading their guides twice i find them not specific for newbies but rather a guide for experienced users.

I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone in step, all the modders out there and everyone who helped me/will help me along the way.A special thanks to Neovalen , Darth Mathias  , Paul , Nebulous , Nozzer who always help me out whenever they can.

Lastly i am very sorry about my inexperience and impatience that i display with my noob questions and sorry for the very long introduction lol.

• 4 months later...

Hi, my name is Reinhard and I'm from germany, 46 years.

I'm a professional software developer in the automobile field, mainly HMI. In my free time I'm mainly doing music (Violin or Viola).

When I'm gaming it's more often modding my Skyrim to try out mods I sometimes downloaded, but I managed to make quite some progress in the game ;)

I came here because of the future of MO. I'm not personally using MO or will but I have read in a forum that shall not be named about some people seeming not be able to figure out how to build it. This is due to my experience with cmake and Qt that I use privately in my own project called Canorus (Free / Open Source Music Score Editor) too.

The mod manager I use is called TMM (TesModManager, Nexus 5010). It's the closest to manually installing I have seen at the time where I had dumped NMM due to not running for me (crashes) and manual installation getting out of my hands. Depending on the future of the NMM successor I might consider to switch. At least it would be nice to be included in the round of first pre-beta testers when required.

The STEP Guide was really helpful in the past though I have a different vision of basic mods than the guide has, mainly for tuning the Skyrim settings for performance on my subnotebook and Skyrim stability in general. Thank you all guys that have created it, it's an awesome project.

At the moment I'm faced with the memory limitation on windows 10 that might force me to stop adding some mods that I'd really like to have in my game due to memory limitation of 4 GB. I hope that enboost will somewhen able to break the limit (again) or that it is possible to workaround it to some degree with a tool like HiAlgo. I'd really like to make use of my 8GB memory of my graphics card.

Edited by ssuamier

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like SSE could be many Windows 10 user's saving grace, including yours. Once most of the more popular mods are switched over to SSE, the Windows 10 users shouldn't have any more memory issues in Skyrim. This means ENBoost could eventually become obsolete. I don't think Boris has included ENBoost for the FO4 version of ENBSeries yet, either.

Howdy, y'all.  I'm Brian, 45 y/o married guy originally from NJ, currently living in Austin, TX, with 5 kids (3 still in the house).  Spent 20 years in the military, another 5 working for the government, and have been working at a software company for the last 2 years.

I spend my free time riding my motorcycle (2013 HD FLHRSE5), spending time with the family and dogs (Pug, Chug & a Chiweenie), and of course, gaming!  Been playing video games since the original Pong machine...  have had Atari, PS1, Xbox, Xbox 360 & Xbox One.  Originally started playing PC games on a TI99A, first real computer was a Tandy 1000.

I'm currently running an i5-4660, 16 GB RAM, ASRock Fatality MB, 2x500 GB SSDs, 2 TB 7200 RPM Data Drive, and a GTX 970.  Looking to upgrade the CPU to do some over clocking.

My fave games are The TES, Fallout & Mass Effect series, as well as Dragon Age and X-Com.

Most of my Skyrim builds have utilized one version or another of the STEP guides.  My current build is SR:LE Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Howdy, y'all.  I'm Brian, 45 y/o married guy originally from NJ, currently living in Austin, TX, with 5 kids (3 still in the house).  Spent 20 years in the military, another 5 working for the government, and have been working at a software company for the last 2 years.

I spend my free time riding my motorcycle (2013 HD FLHRSE5), spending time with the family and dogs (Pug, Chug & a Chiweenie), and of course, gaming!  Been playing video games since the original Pong machine...  have had Atari, PS1, Xbox, Xbox 360 & Xbox One.  Originally started playing PC games on a TI99A, first real computer was a Tandy 1000.

I'm currently running an i5-4660, 16 GB RAM, ASRock Fatality MB, 2x500 GB SSDs, 2 TB 7200 RPM Data Drive, and a GTX 970.  Looking to upgrade the CPU to do some over clocking.

My fave games are The TES, Fallout & Mass Effect series, as well as Dragon Age and X-Com.

Most of my Skyrim builds have utilized one version or another of the STEP guides.  My current build is SR:LE Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Welcome! You're just a few hours away from me (Southeastern Oklahoma).

welcome... but what in the 666 Hells is a Chiweenie? :D

A cross between a Chihuahua and a Dachshund (wiener dog) = Chiweenie. I prefer cats, myself.

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like SSE could be many Windows 10 user's saving grace, including yours. Once most of the more popular mods are switched over to SSE, the Windows 10 users shouldn't have any more memory issues in Skyrim. This means ENBoost could eventually become obsolete. I don't think Boris has included ENBoost for the FO4 version of ENBSeries yet, either.

Boris has released ENBoost for FO4 ENBSeries but it is at the moment still in it's infancy, it appears FO4 coding is much more complicated for Boris to work out now, slowly but surely progress is being made.

I believe I introduced myself a long time ago now lol but hello to all the new members joining up ::D:

Edited by Rebel47

• 4 months later...

:woot: SO HEY! Boy has it been a while. Actually this is Tehbadrobot0, introduced earlier (page 6), but I no longer have access to the associated email for recovery, and I'm Tenkay in EVERYTHING else now anyway soooo  :unsure: ....Apologies for the in-thread redundancy, but here I am (again)! I figured it'd help clear away some of the dust that had collected on me. Also, it would seem I've absorbed the squirrely writing tendencies into a facet of who I am... it's likely here to stay... I'll try to stay as succinct as can be managed.

Moving forward, Life's Rollercoaster is still just as wild, but I've got some newfound time as a stay-at-home dad; turning now to reviving old hobbies and such to keep from going (too) stir-crazy .-.  , and maybe some scheming to make some spending money out of one or two of them (sadly, not likely this one though). I may get around to updating what I've done to my rig hardware-wise, but it was more or less just replacing one bottlenecking part. (free friend request to the first person piqued enough to correctly guess which... it'll only take one try.)

I'm a bit tired of waiting for enough SE content to satisfy, and most definitely do not have enough time to lend a hand on such a front, so I'm tentatively planning a complete wipe of my previous (IT WAS WILDLY SUCCESSFUL, BTW) 2.2.9 STEP 'build' to update to 2.2.9.2. Following my resurrection from the void, I've done my due diligence crawling through the wiki (not so much forums yet) for juicy bits and I must say I'm curious about 2.10.0 though. 

Tips, tricks, thanks, and general awe at such a revival are always welcomed  :innocent:

~10k