Introduce Yourself!

deathneko11

Yeah, I'm Tom, but of course that's not my real name. I'm in my 20s, out of work since Snowden dropped the ball on the NSA, since my operations abroad got far too dangerous after Hour Zero. Currently I'm checking on how I can get back on the market without officially documented education, so I'm back at the university studying something more reliable and stable than espionage, so I can start having a familia at some point in life ...

Edit: Oh, Peace and out.

Yeah, I'm Tom, but of course that's not my real name. I'm in my 20s, out of work since Snowden dropped the ball on the NSA, since my operations abroad got far too dangerous after Hour Zero. Currently I'm checking on how I can get back on the market without officially documented education, so I'm back at the university studying something more reliable and stable than espionage, so I can start having a familia at some point in life ...

Edit: Oh, Peace and out.

This is my believing you face.

Hi all

I'm Tony, 36 years old from London, UK. Left school at 16 and worked dead-end jobs all my life. 6 years ago, I jacked it all in and went to university as a mature student to study Multimedia Technology & Design. Just graduated with a first and now looking for work.

Been a keen gamer since getting a Sinclair ZX81 and have had pretty much every console and computer since (gave up on consoles after the PS2). Now strictly a PC nerd. I somehow missed Morrowind so Oblivion was my first TES game. Been in love with Bethesda ever since. Got into modding Skyrim after discovering Vurt's Flora Overhaul a while back and now have a pretty solid modded game focused on survival + Skyre (with a lot of STEP thrown in). Just started a Dark Elf archer (solo, he's a loner who hates followers) and having a blast.

Glad I found this place as it's improved my game immensely, nice to meet you all :-)

I am not too overly private on the internet ... I trust in the Law of Large Numbers and the Central Limit Theorem.

I am a no-longer-practicing nearly-45-year-old evolutionary biologist and received my PhD in 2001. Academia is too political and unrewarding with deplorable salary limitations (America no longer values science and education, as we have sold out to corporations and bankers), so I have settled for work in the healthcare-consulting industry (patient satisfaction). My role is research and process-development consultant to put it simply. Truth be told, I'd rather be a carpenter or other laborer, but the pay is not good enough for me at present. Actually, I want to live alone in the mountains, hunting and gathering ... with a solid, high-bandwidth internet connection. I am divorced with wife and kids (one 19 and one 8 from old and current marriages, respectively ... boys both). My youngest has hemophilia, which is a big reason that I left the academic path ... group health insurance :sick:.

Other than complaining about humans, I am a right-brained, obsessive taker-on-of-big-projects (e.g., STEP) with a healthy appreciation for mind-altering substances (Google the Spirit Molecule ... no, I am an avid "nonreligionist"), food, aesthetics and all hedonistic proclivities. I enjoy escaping into a good book (sci-fi and fantasy mostly) and proclaim "Dune" to be the greatest fiction of all time (for me anyway). Music has always been a passion (all types except C&W and rap/hip-hop) with a heavy bent on the British Invasion era (Black Sabbath, Budgie, Wishbone Ash, King Crimson, all of the well-known standards and much more) and classical.

My ideal setting would have been San Francisco in the 60s (or pre-civillization pagan), but I am looking forward to the breakdown of the societal "norm", as survival on an equal playing field is my true element (one of my favorite movies is Fight Club ;) ). My favorite concepts involve themes found in books and movies relating to "End of Days" themes ... or just teleport me to an alternate realm like Cyrodiil, Aman/Middle-Earth or Arrakis.

Anyway, I am an immaturely-mature, pessimistic-optimist-idealist with a strong drive to make everything better than it is. :D

Look at what STEP has created.

A place for fellow T.E.S. geeks to hang out and make essentially a guide to a better game. :)

We got Managers, Spies, Musicians, Hermits, and Entrepreneurs all in one place getting along. :D

^Thanks Obama

I have learned many things I did not know before coming here.

I am Happy to meet all of you.

Thank You

Side Note/Off Topic:

Do you ever feel like the "Elcor" in the Mass Effect games? E.G.

When saying something funny or sarcastically in chat/IRC/comments (whatever) that we have to resort to emoticons :/

and

*runs off to join the circus* = whatever the asterisks mean.

Every time I try to say Anything I have to show how I am saying it.

*Sarcastically* This is Weird!

Look at what STEP has created.

A place for fellow T.E.S. geeks to hang out and make essentially a guide to a better game. :)

We got Managers, Spies, Musicians, Hermits, and Entrepreneurs all in one place getting along. :D

^Thanks Obama

I have learned many things I did not know before coming here.

I am Happy to meet all of you.

Thank You

Side Note/Off Topic:

Do you ever feel like the "Elcor" in the Mass Effect games? E.G.

When saying something funny or sarcastically in chat/IRC/comments (whatever) that we have to resort to emoticons :/

and

*runs off to join the circus* = whatever the asterisks mean.

Every time I try to say Anything I have to show how I am saying it.

*Sarcastically* This is Weird!

[spoiler=Answer]It's because people require facial expressions, voice inflections and various other personal indicators of 'intent' in order to understand a message fully. This is especially true for the English language, where statements like "get out of here!" can mean just that or "no way, are you serious!?"

Hi, i was going to start off by saying my name but that will be to your left.

Im a unique person with a crazy\rare friendly personality which you won't see on many forums im on cause the way i am in reality without holding back is banable.

So if you see my posts and struck me as normal, your wrong so sooo wrong lol.

So my sense of humor will be tame, clean and minimal [adjusted to fit the forum rules], i will try to think before i speak but there are numbers up there so no promises.

Im here to have fun, mod and share ideas and have conversations and if there are any projects going i may ask to be apart of some.

hmmm anything else about meh.. yeah i live on coffee and my memory is crap, my girlfriend is crazier than i am, well we fighting that one out still.

EDIT: we don't lick windows or anything :)

• 1 month later...

Jezz, how should I start this?

Well, as it says, I'm TheWatcher. Please take that as I didn't intend~

HI! My name's Syd and I'm a 21 year old senior college student that just got suckered into an extra semester last week. My major is History my minors are secondary education and geography. Technically I want to be a librarian, but who's counting? What makes me tick is immersion and escapism. So throw books, manga, or a game at me and I can take it and no one will see me for a few weeks. I can literally see the world around me when I read...this frequently leads me to confusing a book as a movie when I recall it from memory. =__=''

Off topic! Anyway, I've had computers around me since I was a toddler. My first memory is trying to remember how to spell the password to the old IBM computer we had so I could play Hocus Pocus. Beyond that...throw in the emerging internet and my everlasting curiosity together, what do you get? TheWatcher. :P

I found modding about three years ago when I researched a peculiar bug I encountered while playing The Sims 2. Found out about the wonderful capabilities of a modder's tenacious diligence and now I can't help myself! It also doesn't help that my lovely partner deathneko over there, *Points*, decided to open the wrapping to Skyrim's  CD case to play it. Then proceed to mention we should play the previous TES games first (Only I ended up doing so. They ended up scaring him back to Skyrim.) *Coughs*.

Usually I tend to keep to myself hence only registering for STEP now, but I couldn't help myself because I like discovering things and reading all that I can about them and I couldn't fully do that unless I registered. It also doesn't help that I came back home for the holidays and can't play on deathneko's riggy computer. I will try to curb my gracious hermit manners and contribute to the forums in the best way that I can. I've read everything about etiquette, rules, researching, obligations...etc. etc. So please, don't mind me. I'm just a person who likes knowing and questioning! I swear~!

That's it! Now, back to my crocheting. Thanks for reading if you got this far!

Welcome to the forums, Syd. We're have a really friendly community here, so make yourself at home. Cookies are in the fridge, right next to the milk :)

Librarian, quite an unusual career choice these days I think, so respect and kudos for! I am serious, this is very honorable occupation. Apart from the fact, that you have to shush people all the time :D

Thank you so much for the welcome! I've hung around here for a while now so I've seen how friendly and fun this community is. It took me a week to finally decide to register...Then I had to ask deathneko if he thought my username was offensive, just in case. We actually came up with it on accident. It's a joke I couldn't pass up~

:3 Oh yay, cookies and milk?! So long as you guys don't mind my kitten (who's trying desprately to type and touch the laptop screen XD) can have some of the cookies and possibly help with making my posts along the way, I'm here to stay. >.> Now he's thrown my yarn off the desk in a fit of rage...He definitely wants a cookie.

I know you're serious~ I appreciate it and thank you again! It is unusual and rather rare to be honest. Many people are surprised when I tell them that the library science is a master's degree. Not only that, it also requires that I teach at a school for at least three years. I came around to this choice when I realized how much I liked the idea of talking to people about books. Although my friends often tell me that they envision me being the librarian who plays metal and rock in the library. XD I can't bet a representation like that; it sounds too awesome to pass up! I think the music would be all the shush I need. ;P

*Takes a cookie* I'll be going back to my half-finished hat!

*Gets extra cookie for Mr. Kitty*....Just so he leaves my yarn alone.