Introduce Yourself!

deathneko11

Having been using the wiki here for some time to help improve my game tenfold. I finally decided to register and only just today found this thread.

Here goes, hope my ensuing autobiography doesn't bore you :;):

My internet psuedonym as you may have guessed by my username is Rebel47, the Rebel part stems from friends who insist that is what I am because I do things differently, the 47 is simply because after playing Hitman:Blood Money thanks to a friend of mine lending it to me and continuing on into Hitman:Absolution which I loved that much I bought it twice! I took the numbers 47 because they reminded me of the enjoyment I felt from playing those games. My friends call me Myk, yes I am aware it is a very unusual spelling of the name and have embraced it entirely though some of my friends still insist on calling me Shrek ::P:

Being 34 I spent my youth playing on Atari's, Amstrad and Sinclairs and remember spending many happy hours playing a game called "Mega Swiv" with my dad on the Sega Mega Drive, growing up with games like Shenmue and the Resident Evil series left me with a healthy appetite for gaming in general.

My first elder scrolls game was Oblivion on the Xbox360 and I remember when i first put the disc in I thought to myself "I am going to hate this game" but by some otherworld magic and many weeks later I was still playing the game. I eventually switched to full on PC gaming which wouldn't have happened were it not for a life changing event in 2010, before this I was a casual pc gamer having spent most of my school nights playing Age of Empires, Total Annihilation, Dark Reign and the Command and Conquer series.

The time I don't spend gaming I like to use it to help other people identify and fix problems, I also love building PC's so I thought why not combine the 2 and started building and repairing pc's which ultimately got me into modding Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim which finally led me here to this humble gathering of like-minded people all sharing their passion/love for gaming with others.

I don't think I've ever seen the end of Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim, however my aim is to one day complete the games so I can see the endings, I just need to stop looking for and finding cool mods I want to try

• 4 weeks later...

Hi STEP Project,

I've used the STEP build a couple times (starting a few versions back) and thought it was a really good general guide as a starter's build for a heavily modded Skyrim.

I thought I'd ask here (as opposed to starting a new topic) if there's a general suggestion/ feedback thread. I peeked around, but don't seem to have tracked it down. 

As far as modding, I've only done a couple minor personal mods (making a few DSR patches for old mods, a couple minor annoyances, etc) but I'm hoping to learn a bit more blender and nifskope use soon as I'd like to make a minor 'Lodoss War Equipment' mod that I think would line up well with Skyrim's look.

I'm not super active on the net and forums, but I'll probably try to be a modestly active member, as I'm sure I'll be doing  a few more Skyrim playthroughs for a while :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread, so I thought I would do a proper introduction.

I'm am older gamer, in my mid 40s.  Married and busy with 3 kids.  I still remember fondly my intellivision playing the classics like lock 'n' chase and hours upon hours of astrosmash! Commodore 64 as well with Epyx games like Jumpman and I'm pretty sure that's where I fell in love with Ultima III and possibly IV. I was a huge AD&D player and always dreamed of the day when it would find it's way onto computers and the big screen (why I loved Utima so much). Then it was all work and no play, didn't play any games on PC, just office products...I lost my way.  Then my 2nd childhood began through my kids and finally get a PS3 for...uhmm, my son! Played Oblivion and Skyrim and I was just in awe, I couldn't believe where this had all gone then Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3 on the PS4.  My son got himself a MSI Gaming Laptop beast and I bought my 1st steam game, Skyrim. Problem was, I couldn't get time on his laptop, so I tried to install in on my intel graphics i5 work laptop. That's when I learnt about modding, to LOWER the graphics to get it to work :( This just wan't going to do.  Built a PC with my son this X-mas, my 1st every gaming PC. The PS4 hasn't seen me since but I'll return to finished Witcher 3 when the last expansion comes; that game is just unbelievable.

So, didn't just build the PC to look pretty, found the STEP forum and really excited about gaming again. Got a way too long play list of games I need to experience including Morrowind, Oblivion (modded this time), Fallout 3, New Vegas and later Fallout 4, X-COM and Civilization V. These steam sales need to stop, I'm not used to seeing deals like this.

On the personal side, I'm a Cannuk from Montreal, Canada (eastern Canada).  I was a big runner, done a half dozen marathon, my wife and I breed parrots at home and we're into hockey, skiing and activities our kids are doing. I played baseball growing up and the Montreal Expos were my team and broke my heart when we lost them.  Got my kids to like the Talisman board game so I must be doing something right (if we can only just finish a game!). I'm an engineer by education so I tend to be behave like one. Please forgive me in advance.

Appreciate all the work and collaboration I see on this forum and hoping for your patience with someone new to the modding community.

Cheers

Lorne

Edited by mcshame

Welcome! I love Montreal...my favourite city in Canada, for sure (although I have only spent a few months in Quebec and only a month of that in Montreal). If only I could get a decent paying job in my field out there! Lol, well, the way things are going in western Canada, I may make it out there sooner than I thought! Lol.

Welcome Lorne, good to see a fellow hockey fan. Thought I was destined to be the only one around here. Really hard to watch what happened to the Habs this year. Most the teams north of the border aren't doing to well.  :confused:

Thanks! Loosing Price was bad, watching them play lately is brutal...Let the season just end...

Welcome! I love Montreal...my favourite city in Canada, for sure (although I have only spent a few months in Quebec and only a month of that in Montreal). If only I could get a decent paying job in my field out there! Lol, well, the way things are going in western Canada, I may make it out there sooner than I thought! Lol.

What field are you in? I think it's tough all around right now. Hopefully with our $$ so bad, it will stimulate some jobs in Canada.

I'm in telecommunications. I haven't done too much research, but having spoken with some of my colleagues who worked at our Montreal branch, I think they made around 20% less for the same position and experience level in western Canada. And there were less jobs available out there. This was a few years ago, mind you.

Yeah, hopefully the economy picks up all around.

Edit: And you guys aren't alone in being hockey fans. Definitely my favourite sport to watch, but I've seen less and less games over the past few years. I've only been to two games live this year, and only watched a handful of full games on TV. Modding has taken up most of my free time, lol.

Welcome indeed. Economy is slow over here as well (Norway). Too much government money invested in the oil industry, and for some sad reason, we managed to elect the most conservative government we've had in years last election. Two years in and the prime minister just admitted that expecting the industry to grow in this political climate might have been a mistake.

Oh well, at least our student loans are still amazing, and I won't really have to work for many years yet. 

Guess you guys know Zuccarello then. He started out on my hometown team actually, Frisk Asker. My dad used to be their physio, so I've seen them play several times, though hockey wasn't really my sport. ^o^

Hey I've been here awhile but I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'll only picked up modding after switching to Windows and finally being able to play modded Bethesda games. After months of trying and failing I think I have enough knowledge to give back.