Photo
* * * * * 2 votes
Skyrim

Detailing the Eldrich - Higher-Res Apocrypha - Temple of Miraak - Black Books (by ObsidianStag)

mod

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Julien

Julien

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

Well once I am fully ready, played a little and got some time I could do new screenshots from the mod and vanilla.

I installed it without any variants.

If I want to help STEP a little more and learn to do compares (and to get to the places where the mod take effects in the first place!) I'll ask you here or in the right place for another mod.

#17 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul is now providing all of these textures. I currently don't have time for a compare so I thought I would just note it for later.

#18 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:09 PM

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul is now providing all of these textures. I currently don't have time for a compare so I thought I would just note it for later.

Is SRO available somewhere again that isn't a torrent?

#19 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

Is SRO available somewhere again that isn't a torrent?

http://www.moddb.com...rhaul/downloads

Completely remastered by Starac for SSE and classic.

#20 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

I'm pretty sure SRO would be the better choice. These were better than vanilla for the most part, but looked a lot like upscales than new textures.

#21 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

I'm pretty sure SRO would be the better choice. These were better than vanilla for the most part, but looked a lot like upscales than new textures.

The new textures form SRO are better than the old ones were. I've used them in SSE extensively and just installing that one mod makes a ton of difference. Only thing is that they're mainly 4 and 2K, but they are so good and perfect for STEP that they should be used as our baseline regardless. Users who need to reduce the textures can do so using DDSopt. I have actually done this, though I didn't need to, by restraining most textures to 2K (they still look amazing at 2K) and clutter to 1K.

#22 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

The new textures form SRO are better than the old ones were. I've used them in SSE extensively and just installing that one mod makes a ton of difference. Only thing is that they're mainly 4 and 2K, but they are so good and perfect for STEP that they should be used as our baseline regardless. Users who need to reduce the textures can do so using DDSopt. I have actually done this, though I didn't need to, by restraining most textures to 2K (they still look amazing at 2K) and clutter to 1K.

Then we'll just got with SRO

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Skyrim, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users