Post your request for a wanted MO wiki article here

wolverine2710

Question

As you know the MO wiki is being fleshed out at the moment by various ppl. I have quite a list of technical articles I still need to be doing. I'm not a writer but a coder (make a living a java software engineer) so this kind of stuff is pretty hard for me. Basically it will be technical articles discussing things in detail. Basically leveraging the knowledge of the Nexus MO forum and putting it in the wiki. If you think a certain technical article is missing you can make a request here. That does not mean it is a guarantee that it will be written but I take it under serious consideration. I have not put my TODO list here as not to influence ppl. I appreciate every input from each and everyone of you.

6 answers to this question

I believe I said much of what I wanted to earlier, but for articles I'd like to see: I'd think that breaking out the various sections within the Advanced tab into their separate sections and fleshing them out, possibly merging some, would be a good idea. As the Advanced page stands at the moment, it looks and feels like a temporary dumping ground for information that doesn't neatly fit anywhere else as yet.

Personally I think that certain sections that are currently in the Advanced tab could probably stand to be merged into a different section of the wiki; e.g. the INI tweaks would logically fit better under the Installing Mods section, since installing those INI tweaks is part of the workflow in installing mods, be it for a specific mod or tweaking the base INI. Say I want to install Darnified UI and it involves putting in the right INI tweaks; rather than having to look around and find (or not find, depending) the relevant information in a different tab of the wiki, all the relevant installation info I need to get this mod up and working will be there on the same page.

On that note' date=' I have already moved some things outside the Advanced tab. The ini tweaks I have moved into the Mod Information discussion under the Left Pane. I'm thinking of breaking out the Information pane into its own tab because of its importance.[/quote']

Considering the number of people who can't seem to RTM and the amount of plain misinformation floating around out there about MO, I agree.

I have created in the advanced tab of the MO wiki an index. In the end all articles will be moved to a dedicated page in the wiki and accessible to be clicking on an entry in the index. Before moving stuff around I have think about what articles could be placed there and what would be the correct place in the index. I appreciate input for new articles or better names for the entries in the index.

Hmm. I might have something to add about OBMM and MO; I don't know if anyone else has had a similar issue, but when I tried installing Darnified UI via manual install, it refused to work in the game; curiously the version I installed from .omod via OBMM through MO works just fine, with the files landing in \overwrite and thence to their own folder. Sheer voodoo.