Lagging with Mod Organizer

BLUcody

Question

Hello, I just registered just to post about this issue.

I'm stick in a rut, whenever I launch either the SKSE loader or the regular Skyrim executable through MO it lags. Crazy. The FPS gets cut down by half from 40-60s to 10-20s.

I thought it was my mods at first (installing STEP right now, in the middle of it. I only have up to texture mods right now.) I deactivate mods by category, seeing if it had any impact. It didn't.

I tried deactivating every single mod. That didn't help. I tried crosslooking over the actual Skyrim ini and the one that MO uses, seeing if anything is out of place. I changed a few lines to match them, that didn't help.

I'm very frustrated right now and it seems no one else has the same problem as me. It only lags IF I launch Skyrim through MO. I would hate to toss MO with its nice virtual data feature.

3 answers to this question

Try this:

1. Click the profile button in the toolbar

2. Click Create

3. Enter a name and select Default Game settings and OK

4. Ensure that Overwrite is empty.

5. Launch in this new profile without any mods and see if that doesn't remove the lag

6. Report back

It did! Oddly enough, I can't imagine what it would be though. Hm.

Thank you very much, can't imagine being this frustrated since I tried to mod Oblivion with FCOM and a thousand other things.