Mod Orginiser - Some Questions from a nub

jyujinkai

Question

Hello...

I am doing a fresh skyrim install to do a new playthough with a few major modifications like frostfall and skyre and have a few questions about Mod Organiser as I am planning to use it. I have much of my game installed already and it seams to be working.. I just have a few questions!

1) How dose "install order" work in MO? If I install a texture pack, and then a new texture pack that has overwrites how dose MO know witch mod I wish to over right the first mod? It is just the order I activate the mods by ticking the buttons in the left window? Or is there a step I am unaware of?

2) How do I run patches like Duel Stealth Redux, Automatic Variants and Reproccer? I haven't got to this stage yet but will need to eventually. Do I just install them normally? I was thinking I would need to install these manually into the original directory and then use the "add application" button thing to run the patch? Is that how I am suposed to do it?

Otherwise I think this mod manager is a LOT better than NMM, I can see how much potential it has. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this. I'm sure you get told this all the time but myself and many others are very grateful for your contributions to the community!

--Jynks

4 answers to this question

1: When you install 2 mods, the second mod you installed will have a higher priority. This means that whatever order you activate them in, the second mod will still have a higher priority. For better management you can change the mod priority so that Mod 1 can override mod 2 instead. Just click on the priority number in the left mods pane to change priority, higher number meaning higher priority.

2: Check out my tutorial videos. I have instructions for patches and how to run external executables through Mod Organizer. This will help you a lot in the long run, I promise you.

Hope this helps!

awesome thanks for the reply.. those tutorials seam to be what I am looking for. Great!

The priority order thing works great... wow MO is really awesome I have to say after using NMM for so long and doing rar passes of my entire skyrim dir during steps of installing the mods.. this is like so much better it is a dream! Had a few fixes I needed to put in so glad I asked!

@jyujinkai. Welcome on board. Might I suggest having a look at the MO wiki. Though it is being fleshed out at the moment there are already excellent articles there. The priorities tab discusses in detail how priorities work. It basically is the post created by humbye about priorities, it was then discussed and info added and then it ended up in the wiki. Same is true for the articles in technical details section.

If you have more questions and you can find it in the videos or wiki feel free to ask. The subforum Answers - Mod Organizer Support' for contains solved questions is also a good source of knowledge.