101 replies to this topic

#16 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

It'll probably be awhile before 2.0 is out, but it should be. No one does a major update without ensuring an easy and seamless upgrade path...unless they feel like shooting themselves in the foot. :)

#17 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Finally came across a patch and have tested it locally and forums are getting marked as read. Applied it on the forum.

#18 Bealdwine

Bealdwine

Elder STEPsman

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

Finally came across a patch and have tested it locally and forums are getting marked as read. Applied it on the forum.

Nicely done matey ;) Problem solved.

#19 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

You is da MAN! :cool:

#20 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for that. I love your new step blue theme but I am not finding the view new posts link.

#21 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

In case anyone who is trying the theme is wondering the same thing about New Posts, it is a menu item under Search.

#22 Bealdwine

Bealdwine

Elder STEPsman

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

Am I missing something or is it simply not there yet? Either way I could really use a quick 'Mark All As Read' button that works at sub-fora level, it's a bit anal but with things like the thread dump it will always show as holding unread posts because I'm not going to spend time going through them all :P

#23 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Am I missing something or is it simply not there yet? Either way I could really use a quick 'Mark All As Read' button that works at sub-fora level, it's a bit anal but with things like the thread dump it will always show as holding unread posts because I'm not going to spend time going through them all :P

I changed some of the "Thread Dump" forum attributes, so let me know if this fixes the "new posts" issues ... did not foresee this problem :doh:

#24 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Experiencing that myself. Something else is wonky though. If I click on New Threads, the list it's providing me is not accurate. Aside from the sticky threads that were created, there are a few posts that did not show up in that list. I'm beginning to wonder if that patch broke something else.

#25 blacksol

blacksol

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Every time I close a forum tab or change pages (eg changes pages in a forum topic) I am getting the following pop-up box: Message from webpage - Stack overlfow at line: 1822 Happening on work PC which runs IE8 version 8.0.760.1.17514

#26 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Every time I close a forum tab or change pages (eg changes pages in a forum tab) I am getting the following pop-up box:

Message from webpage - Stack overlfow at line: 1822

Happening on work PC which runs IE8 version 8.0.760.1.17514

I had a typo and linked to an older version of jquery which is known to cause such errors in IE8. I fixed the version that is loaded, so let me know if you still experience it. You may need to clear out your cache as well.

#27 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I've tried to add "Mark All Forums Read" to other areas, but the function requires a specific code that apparently is only accessible to the board stats template. I can't even access the language text for that function. Pretty annoying. Adding to my plate of things to work on and see if I can't find some way of making that available on a global level. For now, unfortunately, it's only accessible from the main page.

#28 Bealdwine

Bealdwine

Elder STEPsman

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

I've tried to add "Mark All Forums Read" to other areas, but the function requires a specific code that apparently is only accessible to the board stats template. I can't even access the language text for that function. Pretty annoying. Adding to my plate of things to work on and see if I can't find some way of making that available on a global level. For now, unfortunately, it's only accessible from the main page.

Thanks for all your efforts s4n :) It's a relatively trivial thing so don't sweat it, but all respect to you for the amount of work you've dedicated to the site. Fun isn't it? :D

#29 blacksol

blacksol

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Every time I close a forum tab or change pages (eg changes pages in a forum tab) I am getting the following pop-up box:

I had a typo and linked to an older version of jquery which is known to cause such errors in IE8. I fixed the version that is loaded, so let me know if you still experience it. You may need to clear out your cache as well.

Still getting it on work pc, deleted temporary files (but not cookies) yesterday and forced refresh of page. Still happening today after a reboot

#30 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Still getting it on work pc, deleted temporary files (but not cookies) yesterday and forced refresh of page. Still happening today after a reboot

Is IE8 giving you an option to debug the page? If so, try and get what file/resource the error is occurring in. The tab breadcrumbs themselves don't use javascript, and if there is a CSS style that it doesn't like, it should be ignoring it. I'm betting it's a javascript issue because there aren't even 1182 lines in the HTML source. All versions of IE can be such a picky @#$%! sometimes.

EDIT: I installed XPMode VirtualPC so I could install IE8 in it and test it out. Darn thing blue screens when I try to create a VM the first time, then my entire system goes wonky. Way to go MS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users