Forum Performance Issues

Bealdwine

Question

Ah first to post, virgin territory :D

Just a quick note about an issue I get on the site.

Because I tend to use the 'View New Posts' option to go directly to new content the site doesn't recognise that I don't need to be alerted to new activity in the 'containing' fora so the icons for these are still yellow if I go into the forum manually == confusing :?

Eg. I use View New Posts to go to the latest chat in '[REL] Skyrim Unplugged' but once I finish if I go into the main forum the icons are telling me there is unread content in /Mods, the Universe & Everything and then /Specific Mods as well. As you plan to use layers of sub-fora for organisation this is going to recur quite often.

Just a small glitch but might be fixable? :yes:

• Answers 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've received several "504 Gateway" errors today which I think is the server timing out. I've also noticed the site running slowly (taking a while to load). It's not my connection because the rest of the Internet is speedy as ever. Just a heads up. Might be nothing.

It would sure be nice if I could use the backspace key and delete key when editing posts; or maybe it is just me. Today almost every time I use them the browser (Chrome) says the page crashed.

I've not had this issue today....or any time. (Firefox)
Ditto for me. S4n would know most about this sort of thing.

I didn't have any problems with it yesterday or so far today. Also hello! I'm back for now anyways the lightning **** on my fiber but apparently one of the strands is intact somehow so I'm able to use the internet but have no phone or TV.

I'm using Cyberfox and I tried it in Chrome on this post and no issues. I avoid Chrome though as I find it quite funny that people say Firefox has memory leaks but if you look at Chrome not only does it have leaks but higher memory usage. I can run a add-on intensive Firefox with an average number of tabs for me (about 100 at a time) and it'll barely reach 1.5GB with 500 in plugin. Chrome same 100 tabs and I have to start closing **** down lmao. Plus it doesn't play nice with Skyrim in my experience it always causes Skyrim to run out of memory.

It would sure be nice if I could use the backspace key and delete key when editing posts; or maybe it is just me. Today almost every time I use them the browser (Chrome) says the page crashed.

I only use Chrome for testing functionality, not for everyday usage. Did this behavior start recently, or has it always been doing this? If the former, can you loosely pin the crashes to any update of Chrome?

I noticed that when a user is replying to a PM and accidentally hits BACK button (I sometimes do by hitting backspace, when I'm not in editor window), and then uses the forward button to reload the page, the text in the editor is not saved. I just lost a MASSIVE PM... Is there a chance to install a plugin that would save a copy of a drafted PM in real time? Or, in spite of forums engine migration, search for such a plugin for the new engine please?

In fact, it applies to any Reply editor, not only the PM one.

It's really annoying to loose so much text...