Forum Performance Issues

Bealdwine

Question

Ah first to post, virgin territory :D

Just a quick note about an issue I get on the site.

Because I tend to use the 'View New Posts' option to go directly to new content the site doesn't recognise that I don't need to be alerted to new activity in the 'containing' fora so the icons for these are still yellow if I go into the forum manually == confusing :?

Eg. I use View New Posts to go to the latest chat in '[REL] Skyrim Unplugged' but once I finish if I go into the main forum the icons are telling me there is unread content in /Mods, the Universe & Everything and then /Specific Mods as well. As you plan to use layers of sub-fora for organisation this is going to recur quite often.

Just a small glitch but might be fixable? :yes:

• Answers 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

MyBB has also something like that' date=' but I'm not sure if there is a point of searching for it and installing, when we move to new engine...?[/quote']

I( was hoping to move soon, but s4n has the IPB license and is still building the server install script.

the MyBB plugin will likely be incompatible with our unique editor, but again, that is for s4n to confirm.

I occasionally get really bad page-load times on the forums.... getting tired of it, so the move to the new server node will happen very soon.

Waiting on s4n's latest code and IPB, but, I am thinking that we should get it up first week of September, regardless.

@s4n

Is this possible?

Scrolling the forums randomly slows down to crawling without any apparent reason. Is that a known problem or something?

A user contacted me via Steam recently with the same problem. Couple more reported it well.I never experienced it personally though.