101 replies to this topic

#91 Octopuss

Octopuss

Swears by everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

It really is completely random, and sometimes it goes away after opening different page and then opening the forums again, but... there's no apparent pattern to it. Could it be Flash related?

#92 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Well first we would have to know what browser and the version of said browser to be able to tell if there was an underlying cause browser support wise since none of the browsers can seem to stick to standards, let alone the same ones.

#93 Octopuss

Octopuss

Swears by everything

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

I use Firefox, but it seems unrelated to version (I always keep it updated, and currently it's... 29.0.something I believe).

I also believe this problem has been present ever since the new forum was launched.

Edited by Octopuss, 02 June 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#94 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,493 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

I experience the forums being sluggish sometimes too. Restarting the browser always fixes it.

#95 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hmm.... well I haven't noticed any slowdowns (using Cyberfox 28.01). If restarting the browser fixes it then so should "Clean Ram Cache" under tools in firefox.

#96 Octopuss

Octopuss

Swears by everything

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

Clean ram rache? Where do I find it? I wasn't aware anything like that existed.

And in the mess v29 is it's bloody impossible to find anything :/

#97 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,493 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hit Alt+T and choose Options on the menu that appears. Click on the Advance tab. From there, click on the Network tab. The Cache Web Content is the second area down on that tab. You can either clear it or change the amount of disk space it can use.

#98 Octopuss

Octopuss

Swears by everything

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

Oh this. That's all the files the browser saves for future use, basically "cache". I don't think that's supposed to help with slow scrolling?...

I thought there was a feature that cleans what Firefox currently has saved in memory.

#99 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Oh is that where it is in normal firefox? Last time I used normal firefox I could have sworn I saw it in the tools menu like in Cyberfox; where it is in fact under the tools menu.

@Octo no cache isn't generally cleaned until the browser is closed and then in most cases only partially; especially if you have your browser set to remember your tabs. Unless you're using "private" browsing, and even then I'm sure it doesn't remove everything.

#100 Octopuss

Octopuss

Swears by everything

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

Clearing the cache doesn't help, and neither does refreshing the page, relogging,... nothing. All I can do is restart the browser. Sigh.

#101 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,493 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

I think it's a Firefox issue. I know when I go on a video watching spree I have to restart the browser every few hours because the videos start slowing down on their load times. Restarting restores it to normal.

#102 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

I don't have that issue with Cyberfox, in fact, I have about 20 video tabs buffered in one window and 8 windows of ~50 tabs apiece and don't get this issue often enough and this is just on my laptop with 8gb of RAM. Comparitively if I tried to do the same with a chrome based browser I would probably send my computer into death throes from which it would never recover, it's 64-bit and my I guess I have too many tabs open since it's using 5.5GB of RAM and it's still faster than Chrome. Plus there's an easy to use portable version.

Still if it is a firefox issue I would have expected more complaints.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users