Bodyslide 2.0 and Outfil Studio

joetaiga

Question

Hi,

on Skyrim Nexus a new tool was announced to convert amours within minutes without much 3D modelling knowledge. It's a new version 2.0 of Bodyslide which contains a tool Outfit Studio to convert amours to other bodyies and Bodyslide sliders. The project is lead by Caliente author of CBBE. This might become one of the most important mods for Skyrim. I tested it on my own and I could convert an simply armour without any 3D knowledge within 5 minutes.

The old Bodyslide 1.4 I'm using is working fine with MO. But I think there might be a problem with 2.0 because this contains another tool Outfit Studio which is started from inside Bodyslide. When I tested it it did not find the amour textures using the game default path. I think this could be because it's not aware of the virtual data directory of MO. I dont think it's a big problem. I can be resolved manually be copying stuff from a to b. But it would be great if such a great tool would be integrated properly.

Could you please have a look on it whether this is compatibel with MO? Would be really nice. Caliente mentioned not to distribute the link to the project page. So I think best would be to contact her or one of her team directly.

Thanks a lot!

Joe

PS: MO is the mod managing tool in my opinion. Great work!

2 answers to this question

Its entirely possible that a new program has problems with the virtual filing system (VFS). This has happened before in the past. For details about the VFS see the Advanced tab in the MO wiki section "The virtual filing system". The VFS 'hooks' itself into programs started by MO. In principle "Outfit Studio" should be hooked as well, but perhaps something else is going on.

Tannin has written this about the 'hooking' mechanism, I've slightly edited it.

With regard to hooking: "Not every program started after MO is 'hooked', only those started FROM MO and those started indirectly by that. I.e. MO starts skse, skse starts skyrim -> skyrim is also hooked. Some applications are excluded to prevent problems. I.e. boss is hooked and starts a browser to display its result -> that browser would now also be hooked. If the user continues to use that browser, oddities may occur.

The change log of MO 1.0.4 (1.0 RC5) mentions the following: "hook.dll now doesn't inject to certain applications (currently steam, chrome and firefox.

Thanks for sharing your issue with the rest of us. The best and official way to report an issue is to create a "Bug report" ticket in the issue tracker. It would be appreciated if you can do that, so Tannin can have a look at it.

Note to self: Add hooking to the MO wiki section "the virtual filing system".