Fallout 4?

Since it's so soon after Skyrim, little hope of an engine change. We shall see though.

I think you're wrong about this being on Skyrim Engine. 11th December is not a release date, just a future game announcement.

Bethesda would be committing a huge mistake by using 32-bit Engine even if 11/12/13 was a release.

Next-Gen is here and no AAA game can ignore it unless a pure PC game. A pure PC game can ignore consoles only with CrowdFunding as Star Citizen has been.

It is only way PC gamers will get the games their PC's and they deserve, probably require switching to Linux as well using Steam backing.

Otherwise MS and Sony will use console exclusives to dominate market. This is what Steam is fighting against and I'm not a Steam fan just a PC gamer.

I have to agree. I don't see this being released on 360/PS3. I believe this will be a Next-Gen exclusive (PC Included) and therefore will run on a new engine. I also agree that the date is merely an announcement definitely not a release date. It would be very stupid to release a game without any marketing.

New countdown clock has been added on top of the main one. That one ends on Dec 1st.

Nuclear winter is coming in .

Todd Howard hates having to do multiplatform development, so I'd say he goes with just the next-gen consoles since initial sales have been pretty strong. An updated version of GTA V would help sell new consoles, and another CoD or BF with a mega launch will make sure that 360/ps3 are dead by next holiday season. What that means for us is DirectX11 and 64-bit.

I follow this google doc put together by the guys playing along at the IRC channel.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pJLwd0osKpnp6kEogWh6KAZZiM0Rh-odwWCDc3VEMVE/preview?pli=1&sle=true

Looks like The Institute may have attacked Vault 119 and killed all, but one person, since a message said 899 corpses. So the survivor is that one guy/gal. All speculation at this point.

Sounded more like someone else attacked the Vault and that The Institute responded and found 899 dead corpses.

Does that mean that there is only one survivor? 900 people in a vault seems like a pretty logical number... or maybe someone escaped... or deeper still, the person who did it escaped.

The messages that showed up when the first countdown hit zero seem to be sent from Vault 119 by the survivor. What followed may be sent by people from the Institute. The new site that popped up says unknown enemy detected.

https://thesurvivor2299.com/VT119/

There is also a hidden message if you highlight the page. I guess it would be cool if you get to start in the Institute which may be MIT's Lincoln Lab since it is in Lexington instead of the main campus in Cambridge which would probably have been destroyed. They do defense research there so that may be why The Institute had all that cool tech.