Skyrim crashes to desktop when loading SKSE from MO

whiteyjuice

Question

Hello, all;

I followed the STEP guide and am able to successfully launch Skyrim from skse using the skse shortcut. However, when I launch the game from within MO using SKSE, the game flashes the title screen, and then crashes. I see it is loading the Uncapper first from the splash logo. I can verify skse is running by using getskseversion. So it seems I have some sort of issue with skse and MO not playing nicely? I could really use some help as I would prefer not to load my scripts manually through skse. Thanks!

6 answers to this question

How do you use getskseversion if it crashes right away? Sounds to me that you have a load order problem.

Try running BOSS again and if that doesn't work, move all you saves to a different folder then try to start Skyrim without any saves. No clue why that works, but sometimes it does.

Hello, all;

I followed the STEP guide and am able to successfully launch Skyrim from skse using the skse shortcut. However, when I launch the game from within MO using SKSE, the game flashes the title screen, and then crashes. I see it is loading the Uncapper first from the splash logo. I can verify skse is running by using getskseversion. So it seems I have some sort of issue with skse and MO not playing nicely? I could really use some help as I would prefer not to load my scripts manually through skse. Thanks!

I seems to me like a missing master. When the game loads up all the ESP plugins it willl crash whenever any of these plugins requires a master file (if you're not sure what they are, look it up on Google - there is plenty of info around and these are the basics of how mods work really) and that master file is not present.

Load up Wrye Bash from MO and look for any plugins that have dark red tick box in the left hand pane. Select that plugin, and check in the right hand pane what master ESP (or ESM) is missing.

Ok, thanks rootsrat; After running WyreBash I was able to identify one plugin that depended on Dawnguard (which I do not have). I also identified an esp that depends on Dragonborn, which I do have, but it was still red? In any event, when I arrive home I will attempt to run Skyrim using SKSE via MO once more. Thanks for the help everyone. 

Was it light red or dark red? Light red may mean the master files ORDER is incorrect, which is nothing to worry about, this is purely cosmetic and does not need to be fixed - your game will run fine.

As for the DG dependant mod, you will need to remove it from your game, as it requires assets provided by DG, which you obviously won't have.

::EDIT::

Marking as solved.