BOSS Userlist Manager (by Surazal)

Bealdwine

Question

Did you re-run BOSS after making the rules? Are all the necessary plug-ins and archives ticked in the MO load order panel on the right? What rules are you making? Is there any other info you can give? Have you tried just using the Edit User Rules tab in the BOSS GUI itself?

I'm no expert I'm just trying to help until an expert pops in.

• +1 1

I'm getting this:

Error: masterlist update failed.
Details: cURL could not perform task! cURL response: "Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl".
Check the Troubleshooting section of the ReadMe for more information and possible solutions.

I've checked and there's no mention of this error on the Troubleshooting section.. And also this note:

Note: The order of plugins set by BOSS differs from their order in its masterlist, as one or more of the installed plugins is false-flagged. For more information, see "file:../Docs/BOSS%20Readme.html#appendix-c False-Flagged Plugins".

This I'm guessing is referring to the unofficial patches? Not sure why but those are back to not being each directly below their respective master like Dawnguard.esm and then Unofficial Dawnguard Patch. For me they're back to being Skyrim.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Heartfire.esm, etc..  I've read the successor to BOSS is LOOT, right? Has that already been released?

The order in which BOSS sorts the Unofficial plugins has been changed. Each of the Unofficial plugins are now sorted under each of their respective masters. (i.e. Skyrim.esm/Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esm, Dawnguard.esm/Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esm and so on.)

As for the error, try completely uninstalling BOSS and reinstalling, obviously make sure you are connected to the internet when running BOSS. If using Mod Organizer make sure you are running BOSS through Mod Organizer as dictated by the STEP guide.

Click gears icon at the top,

Title: BOSS,

Binary: assign file directory to the location of BOSSGUI.exe,

make sure that neither Overwrite Steam app id nor Close MO when started are NOT checked,

click add,

use drop down window on right side to run BOSS,

when BOSS is finished close it and the changes will be made in MO automatically.

As for LOOT from what I understand it is is still rather new though it looks promising and has been reported to help people with their load orders.

Hey Vulgar, thanks for the reply. I know that the Unofficial plugins have been changed, that's why I said that they went back to being sorted after all the masters instead of each being sorted below it's respective master. Reinstalling BOSS didn't help. I know I can make user rules and put the patches where they're suppose to be, but that's hardly the point, why have they gone back to their old places?

Hey folks,

I am unsure how I am supposed to use BUM. STEP provides the instructions on how to set it up within MO

[spoiler=MO Instructions] Click the gears icon Gear MO.png. This opens the Modify Executables window.In the Title field, type BUM.For the Binary field, browse to your BUM installation and select the BOSS Userlist Manager.exe application.Click the Add button. This will add BUM to your executables list.Click OK.

But I have the BOSS Userlist Manager Settings window open and have no idea what I am supposed to add in the fields.

Basically, are there instructions on how to use BUM within a Core STEP install? Thanks.

Thanks.

My confusion right now re: BUM is a bit more basic. I don't see any help resources to explain what to populate in the Game Configuration, Preferences,Font and Colour, and Debug tabs. I doubt Font and Color and Debug need anything, but for Game Configuration, other than selecting Skyrim in the Game Selector dropdown, I am not sure what to populate in the following fields:

Mod Path  ---- the location of my Mods folder in Mod Organizer? Becuase Skyrim.esm is the only file type I can search for, I have chose that file in my Data folder.

Masterlist Path --- not sure where the Masterlist path should be.

BOSS Program -- I chose the BOSS.exe is the BOSS folder

Can anyone help me verify what should be correct for these three fields? Thanks.

So I read Neovalen's guide but his mentions of BUM assume the user has a working knowledge of it. Which I don't.

I ran BUM from MO and see the BOSS Userlist Manager Settings window, but there's no embedded help or help button that links to help. I haven't seen any good documentation on how to use BUM and I did look.  I think it would be great if the STEP team could provide a brief how-to on their BUM page:  https://wiki.step-project.com/BOSS_Userlist_Manager

Basically, I am not sure what I need to enter in the fields in the Game Configuration screen. I assume BOSS program is the link to my BOSS.exe. Masterlist Path, Mod Path, and User Game (I have already selected Skyrim in the Game Selector drop box) are confusing to me. and I don't know if I need to adjust any of the options in the Preferences window.

I am nearly finished with a core STEP install, and ran BOSS and took its advice on cleaning dirty edits. It found 7 unrecognized plugins (SkyFalls & Skymills & DB & DG, SMIM-Merged, AOS2 EBT Patch, AOS2 GDO Patch, AOS2 Realistic Water Two Patch, AOS2 WAF Patch, STEP Core Patch).  So I would like to use BUM to order these.

Thanks.

Edited by peppergomez

So I read Neovalen's guide but his mentions of BUM assume the user has a working knowledge of it. Which I don't.

I ran BUM from MO and see the BOSS Userlist Manager Settings window, but there's no embedded help or help button that links to help. I haven't seen any good documentation on how to use BUM and I did look.  I think it would be great if the STEP team could provide a brief how-to on their BUM page:  https://wiki.step-project.com/BOSS_Userlist_Manager

Basically, I am not sure what I need to enter in the fields in the Game Configuration screen. I assume BOSS program is the link to my BOSS.exe. Masterlist Path, Mod Path, and User Game (I have already selected Skyrim in the Game Selector drop box) are confusing to me. and I don't know if I need to adjust any of the options in the Preferences window.

I am nearly finished with a core STEP install, and ran BOSS and took its advice on cleaning dirty edits. It found 7 unrecognized plugins (SkyFalls & Skymills & DB & DG, SMIM-Merged, AOS2 EBT Patch, AOS2 GDO Patch, AOS2 Realistic Water Two Patch, AOS2 WAF Patch, STEP Core Patch).  So I would like to use BUM to order these.

Don't use the SMIM Merged or AOS2 plugins, they are in the STEP Patches. The AOS2 EBT Patch is only for Enhanced Blood Textures so only keep it if you use EBT, since it's not in the STEP Core Patch because it is an extended mod. The STEP Patch and Skyfalls plugin have sorting instructions on their mod pages.

Don't be scared about messing up BUM, just point everything toward BOSS and Skyrim. Prefs can pretty much get any options.

Thanks.

I am using the SMIM Merged, which has several patches that the STEP Core patch does not: Farmhouse flickering, Shackroof fixes, Dungeons Cliffs Ice Skirts, etc.

What would the best procedure be, still use the SMIM Merged? It's only two esps that are redundant- Furniture Chest Snow and DragonbornTern Fix

Edited by peppergomez