Better Xbox360 Controller - 8 hotkeys quicksave -load and more

Ubeogesh

...and what's wrong with playing with keyboard and mouse? It's not like Skyrim requires extremely precise movement - and besides' date=' you have a lot more hotkeys on the keyboard that you can use for tons of stuff...[/quote']

I don't want to start a holy war...

Did you ever try playing on an x360 controller? It is very comforting for long game sessions, because you have much move movement freedom in your hands (as opposed to keyboard and mouse - which are supposed to be on a table in almost fixed places).

x360 controller is a great device for comfort. You sacrifice the great amount of keys on keyboard and precision of mouse, but you get comfort and your hands relax all the time.

Conclusion: it is a trade off. Keyboard and mouse for more features and accuracy. Controller for more comfort. Decide what is more important for you. For me it is comfort.

...and what's wrong with playing with keyboard and mouse? It's not like Skyrim requires extremely precise movement - and besides' date=' you have a lot more hotkeys on the keyboard that you can use for tons of stuff...[/quote']

I don't want to start a holy war...

Did you ever try playing on an x360 controller? It is very comforting for long game sessions' date=' because you have much move movement freedom in your hands (as opposed to keyboard and mouse - which are supposed to be on a table in almost fixed places).

x360 controller is a great device for comfort. You sacrifice the great amount of keys on keyboard and precision of mouse, but you get comfort and your hands relax all the time.

Conclusion: it is a trade off. Keyboard and mouse for more features and accuracy. Controller for more comfort. Decide what is more important for you. For me it is comfort.[/quote']

I disagree.  For most games i find a controller clunky and uncomfortable.  Give me the mouse and keyboard any day ;)

360 Hotkey Enabler

I am one of those who uses a controller for the PC, just a comfort thing. Have used keyboard and mouse for MMO's obviously, but for this game I prefer a controller. Anyway, if a hotkey mod is needed, I use and highly recommend the 360 Hotkey Enabler mod. It gives the best of both worlds, use of a controller AND access to the keyboard hotkeys. Just my 2 cents.

Couch+TV > Desk Chair+Monitor

That is what it boils down to for me. I just can't get comfortable with a keyboard and mouse while on the couch. Plus, if you work at a desk all day with a keyboard and mouse and then go home and sit at a desk with a keyboard and mouse, are you like, even alive or something? IDK, that always felt a bit weird to me coming home from work and then going right back to the same position I just spent 10-12 hours at.

One other thing that gets me is that some of you say that a controller doesn't feel right, but the last couple of controllers for consoles have been designed around the ergonomics of human hands. So, if it doesn't feel good in your han...

OH WAIT. I knew it! You guys are aliens! Of course the lizard people can't use controllers. :p

OH WAIT. I knew it! You guys are aliens! Of course the lizard people can't use controllers. :p

In any case, can you imagine how hard it is to use a controller with flippers? At the very least, I am ninja-like using the keyboard and mouse (managing to play fighting games with just the keyboard). It was a really useful secret I learned from Strong Bad - apparently, typing with flippers is very much like typing with boxing gloves on. (No, don't ask me how I do it)

(In all seriousness, yes, I am seriously good with the keyboard and mouse in RL, even being able to play Street Fighter well using it. Must be because of all that time using command lines...)

Couch+TV > Desk Chair+Monitor

That is what it boils down to for me. I just can't get comfortable with a keyboard and mouse while on the couch. Plus, if you work at a desk all day with a keyboard and mouse and then go home and sit at a desk with a keyboard and mouse, are you like, even alive or something? IDK, that always felt a bit weird to me coming home from work and then going right back to the same position I just spent 10-12 hours at.

One other thing that gets me is that some of you say that a controller doesn't feel right, but the last couple of controllers for consoles have been designed around the ergonomics of human hands. So, if it doesn't feel good in your han...

Finally, someone who shares my opinion. Controllers were designed to be comfortable to hold in hands. People who dislike them either have a bad controller (at least, not x360 or one of its variants)

Although at home I sit in a comfortable chair and near the desk with a monitor, I still can lean back in a chair, put my legs on the table and play, have my hands with controller rest on my legs, or any weird but comfortable way.

Drax8 - thanks, I'll check this mod out. All these x360 mods are merely editing controlmap.txt, which is quite easy when you know the codes (here are they for x360 controller: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/microsoft.directx_sdk.reference.xinput_gamepad%28v=vs.85%29.aspx; for keyboard: https://www.barcodeman.com/altek/mule/kb102.gif (they are in decimal, need to convert to hex))

There is also 1 rule. To have a bind for key combination, you must have both keys participating in combination already bound to something (I had to deal with it when I wanted to free Back button for iHUD toggle)

Also, too bad you can't bind a key combo to something in MCM (i.e. LB+Back). The trick here is to assign them to useless actions for controller - run\walk or run\walk toggle

In any case, can you imagine how hard it is to use a controller with flippers? At the very least, I am ninja-like using the keyboard and mouse (managing to play fighting games with just the keyboard). It was a really useful secret I learned from Strong Bad - apparently, typing with flippers is very much like typing with boxing gloves on. (No, don't ask me how I do it)

(In all seriousness, yes, I am seriously good with the keyboard and mouse in RL, even being able to play Street Fighter well using it. Must be because of all that time using command lines...)

Plz

PC ARcade Stick >>>> Keyboard Anyday for fighting games.

It depends on the game really,  but again Other Than FPS's I never play a PC Game with Just a Keyboard and Mouse.

You can edit the controlmap.txt to allow the gamepad and keyboard to be used at the same time without having to do some weird Xpadder config. Before I had a 360 chatpad I used to keep the keyboard next to me and just hit a few keys that I needed, like X to toggle compass. I like that so many games have XNA support for PC so controllers are plug and play. Makes the HTPC thing much easier, hopefully Valve's weirdo controller has a similar system.

Would be really nice to get a couple extra buttons on the controllers though, just two more, then again the nintendo has two button and that seemed like enough.