Better Xbox360 Controller - 8 hotkeys quicksave -load and more

Ubeogesh

Depends on how the game is designed... Nintendo only works because the games are built around it.

This is however also part of the problem with shitty console ports... where they do not spend enough time making sure the game becomes useable with a keyboard and mouse. They just reassign some buttons and hope it works...

No fixing weird camera angels and controls etc. so they make sense...

You can edit the controlmap.txt to allow the gamepad and keyboard to be used at the same time without having to do some weird Xpadder config. Before I had a 360 chatpad I used to keep the keyboard next to me and just hit a few keys that I needed, like X to toggle compass. I like that so many games have XNA support for PC so controllers are plug and play. Makes the HTPC thing much easier, hopefully Valve's weirdo controller has a similar system.

Would be really nice to get a couple extra buttons on the controllers though, just two more, then again the nintendo has two button and that seemed like enough.

I just use the MCM menu and assign that to the dpad. Same for dual weild parrying. It can pretty messy if you add more than that though. I still can't quick save, which makes me very sad. 

You can edit the controlmap.txt to allow the gamepad and keyboard to be used at the same time without having to do some weird Xpadder config. Before I had a 360 chatpad I used to keep the keyboard next to me and just hit a few keys that I needed, like X to toggle compass. I like that so many games have XNA support for PC so controllers are plug and play. Makes the HTPC thing much easier, hopefully Valve's weirdo controller has a similar system.

Would be really nice to get a couple extra buttons on the controllers though, just two more, then again the nintendo has two button and that seemed like enough.

I just use the MCM menu and assign that to the dpad. Same for dual weild parrying. It can pretty messy if you add more than that though. I still can't quick save, which makes me very sad. 
For me it's actually great not using a quick save. Because it forces me to save every time on a new slot. And that helps - I don't have to follow that suggestions in every mod "backup your save game" cause I already have it. I also have sort-of "transaction log" of save games, so I can restore my game to some approximate time back when I need to.

I just clean the old saves when folder gets >10 GB size.

And it's not that difficult to save... Start > LT > Down > Down > A > B. That's it, takes me hardly 1 second.

I didn't know that it had an MCM menu, I'll have to look the mod over again.

I don't use quicksave either, and after I bought a chatpad for $6 on ebay, I had all the buttons I'd ever need. Right now my dual wield block is left bumper, sprint is right bumper, and shout is left analog. I reassigned change perspective to the chatpad with all my hotkeys and the menus. My Dpad is now four loadouts, I don't like using the in between parts because it is too touchy.

Saving is something I get so used to with the inherent problems you will eventually run into modding any Beth game, so just get used to doing it every couple of load doors.

• 2 weeks later...

I much prefer playing Skyrim on PC with a controller. Let's face it, it was was designed for it.

I think it is very comfortable and really supreme precision is not needed in this game. I tend to keep the mouse/keyboard close buy for the occasions when you might need to use the console or search the SkyUI etc