By obdown666. Files are downloaded twice when using IE11

wolverine2710

Question

Originally Nexus user obdown666 posted this in the Nexus MO forum. So that this discussion will not get buried on the nexus forums I created the question here and will respond to it here.

Guys,

I've fought the following issue for a while. I allowed MS to update to explorer 11 (mistake I know, but tough to undo) and now downloads are all duplicated when using the download with manager buttons. I've removed the nxm record in the registry and the button stopped working. I then reregistered using the nxmhandler.exe and right back to duplicate downloads. Whichever dl loses flashes the expected message - "unable to rename". Cant find any mention of this in any of your forums. My nxmhandlers.ini looks right (below). Any thoughts? I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling MO, obviously trying to avoid that.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

[handlers]

size=1

1games=skyrim

1executable=D:_ skyrimMODORGANIZERModOrganizer.exe

2games="oblivion,fallout3,falloutnv,skyrim,other"

It looks as if you have missed the thread "MO 1.0.7 downloading mods twice from Nexus" here on the official MO support forum. I could reproduce the problem myself. It is indeed caused by IE11. Might I suggest creating a bu report ticket for it in the issue tracker of MO.

2 answers to this question

I think we need to report this to Microsoft as a bug in their software, because this is truly their fault. Sure, we can probably put some kind of safeguard into Mod Organizer that might make it work, but why should we have to fix Microsoft's bugs? It's the same thing when it comes to modding. Do you make a patch to fix the author's bugs or do you notify the author about the bug? Certainly if the mod author decides to disregard the bug, we will be forced to do his work for him, or ditch his work altogether.

I have the solution.  Came to me at work when a similar issue was impacting other websites.  Couldn't be simpler --

Just load a nexus page and click on the gear in the upper right corner.  Click on compatibility view settings and add the nexus to the compatibility list.

Presto.